Not open for further replies.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    No. You make a hasty generalization and are begging the claim.

Meh. GFGT says there's no scientific basis for macro-evolution... I tend to disagree. Or at least think there's more evidence for it than there is for many religious grounds.

I don't know what's right. No one can be sure. But no one has enough evidence, either way, to claim the other is outright wrong.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Meh. GFGT says there's no scientific basis for macro-evolution... I tend to disagree. Or at least think there's more evidence for it than there is for many religious grounds.

I don't know what's right. No one can be sure. But no one has enough evidence, either way, to claim the other is outright wrong.

Maybe we'll all know someday. Macro-evolution, whether it's true or not, has implications of whether "old earth" theology is true or if "young earthers" are correct. In the big scheme of things, salvation-wise it does not matter...granted it does for young-earth adherents.

ETA: Keep your skepticism. We're all born in a time where macro-evolution is treated as unassailable truth. It's the only fish bowl we've ever swam in and known in our existence, we're innundated with its orthodoxy. We were taught that life began in some primordial soup with a bolt of lightening and slowly evolved into every living kind of plant and animal on earth. There's no scientific evidence of this. there's no experiment that can re-create such a seemingly rudimentary task. It's all theory and faith in science and man's interpretation of it. I have little faith in men.

Last edited:

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    The lack of faith in something good (god and his son Jesus who died for others sins who mostly hadn't even been born yet) (or whatever your peaceful religion of choice teaches) and a failure to practice of basic values by so many I think is probably what is wrong with this country. I think it started around the 60's and as that hippy mindset began to spread and breed and then the new generation breed some more that's where we are today.
    Im not a very religious person. Im very skeptical of most organized religions or churches. But I realize the overall positive impact that I'll just call 'the ten commandments' have on a society.
    im not saying at all that all people without faith are bad people, I know many who are very awesome, honest and moral people. And I know people of faith who are hypocrites (which I think is worse). But the masses need faith. They need a healthy fear of eternal punishment after death if they **** up in this life and fail to be good people. This is what our system of laws and punishment for breaking laws is based on. Good people don't do bad things because they are good people but some people need guidance. They need a healthy fear of punishment if they do wrong. If you want to see how negative a organized group of people without faith will destroy a country or have no moral path look no further than the democrat party.

i have struggled with my faith over the years. Some relates to my childhood and some relates to my time in the military. But over the last year or so I've had a renewal of my faith in God. I'm certainly no Saint or perfect in any sense but what I mean is I believe again and I believe now more than any other time in my life. I believe God has already told us what is happening now and what is going to happen and it's calming. I can only liken it to the clarity one experiences in combat when you have accepted death and fear it no more. That's what I feel like now with all of the politics and evil things in this world. For me I am trying to focus on just enjoying life and if I must chose a side then I know I choose the side of God and his people. I don't care if anyone believes the same or doesn't. It's not my place to tell others what to believe or how to live. But if you try to blow me up or shoot me or cut off my head I will kill you.

Last edited:

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    Maybe we'll all know someday. Macro-evolution, whether it's true or not, has implications of whether "old earth" theology is true or if "young earthers" are correct. In the big scheme of things, salvation-wise it does not matter...granted it does for young-earth adherents.

ETA: Keep your skepticism. We're all born in a time where macro-evolution is treated as unassailable truth. It's the only fish bowl we've ever swam in and known in our existence, we're innundated with its orthodoxy. We were taught that life began in some primordial soup with a bolt of lightening and slowly evolved into every living kind of plant and animal on earth. There's no scientific evidence of this. there's no experiment that can re-create such a seemingly rudimentary task. It's all theory and faith in science and man's interpretation of it. I have little faith in men.

Actually, you probably haven't kept up with the state of life, including synthetic life, being created in labs these days.

Contrary to your claim, there is abundant evidence for evolution. Creationism is NOT an equivalent counter-theory. There is no evidence for creationism or intelligent design...not any that will stand up to scientific inquiry.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Actually, can we all agree to take this new discussion to the General Religious Thread? There probably will be more news to come out regarding this attack in London.

https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...-discussion-general-religious-discussion.html

I can't remember which thread it was that creation/evolution was being discussed at-length... It might've been that one. I recall Chip and Paul being involved.

It's usually an interesting read, and definitely worthy of a more appropriate thread where it may get more visibility from those interested in it

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    These observations from you non-scientific types are worn-out tropes. There is no need to argue with those who reject scientific evidence in favor of gods, goddesses and the like. Sorry. Your religion represents less than 35% of the population of the world. Those who believe exactly as you are a substantially smaller subset of that 35%. I tend not to debate such points with those who argue equivalency of their beliefs with the present state of science. You are 2000 years out of date.

hog slayer

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 10, 2015
    Camp Lejeune, NC
    And you are insufficiently informed and likely scared of looking foolish whilst attempting to refute my outdated effort. If you stand so well stocked what have you to lose?

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    It is impossible to reconcile our positions, therefore not worth the argument. You have your beliefs and are welcome to them.

There's the answer to the grand question of what to do. ^^^^^^^^^^^^ You do your thing, I'll do my thing.

The problem is you have a large group of people in this world that will KILL you for having your own beliefs......

HINT: for those playing along at home it's not the Christians, Buddhists or satanists, etc.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    The only answer is the Carthagenian Solution.

They are working toward it and the will eventually succeed.

There is no will to stop it.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    These observations from you non-scientific types are worn-out tropes. There is no need to argue with those who reject scientific evidence in favor of gods, goddesses and the like. Sorry. Your religion represents less than 35% of the population of the world. Those who believe exactly as you are a substantially smaller subset of that 35%. I tend not to debate such points with those who argue equivalency of their beliefs with the present state of science. You are 2000 years out of date.
    he predicted you would say that. Sorry I couldn't reaist

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    You gotta figure it differently. If you really wouldn't want to hang around with a bunch of folks for an afternoon get together, why would you want to spend eternity with them?

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    For once I agree with GPAIR you all need to take that argument somewhere else.

gregr

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2016
    West-Central
    Clear as mud.

I am very, very happy that you are not the President.

If it isn`t clear to anyone what our very clearly defined threat is, you`re not lucid. It ain`t those crazy Free Methodists cutting throats, and driving trucks into crowds.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom