GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Actually, you probably haven't kept up with the state of life, including synthetic life, being created in labs these days.

Contrary to your claim, there is abundant evidence for evolution. Creationism is NOT an equivalent counter-theory. There is no evidence for creationism or intelligent design...not any that will stand up to scientific inquiry.

Interesting. You mean to tell me they've created living, breathing organisms, with self-replicating DNA, and self-replicating themselves out of a bucket of goo?

gregr

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2016
    West-Central
    Clear as mud.

I am very, very happy that you are not the President.

Freedom and complete safety cannot coexist.

I prefer to have the former.

Sounds like some people around here are re-thinking their position on the Patriot Act, or was it really only an issue when applied to non-Muslims?

That it is difficult to determine who are the real danger does not justify blaming everyone.

The so called, patriot act was a blatant and illegal assault on the Constitution. The NDAA was the patriot act on steroids. Cowards trade in liberties for some perceived safety, Patriots do not.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    So, are all muslims guilty of Pre-Crime?

This coming from a Brigitte Gabriel follower, that believes that when the radicals are in the majority all the "good" muslims will follow along either out of solidarity or fear.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    These observations from you non-scientific types are worn-out tropes. There is no need to argue with those who reject scientific evidence in favor of gods, goddesses and the like. Sorry. Your religion represents less than 35% of the population of the world. Those who believe exactly as you are a substantially smaller subset of that 35%. I tend not to debate such points with those who argue equivalency of their beliefs with the present state of science. You are 2000 years out of date.

Your stereotypes are a weakness. I have a degree in electrical engineering and a masters degree...I am a "science-type". What you types fail to be able to grasp is people like us types can stand with equal certainty, contemplating both realms. I'll not argue your statistics because us types were warned that the world would be full deniers, scoffers, and such. So, even if only 1% believe in my religion, it matters not because I'm not like a bunch of liberals seeking consensus in science--the truth is the truth, even when no one believes it.

gregr

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2016
    West-Central
    Would you agree there is more evidence of evolution than there is the also unverifiable creation theories? (Obviously we're branching out from other threads at this point)

We work with the information we have... be it books or scientific research.

To believe all this complex universe, and especially the human mind and body came to be due to some explosion of cosmic soup is the height of delusion. It would be more likely that an explosion at a type setting plant would result in the Merriam-Webster Dictionary.

gregr

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2016
    West-Central
    Meh. GFGT says there's no scientific basis for macro-evolution... I tend to disagree. Or at least think there's more evidence for it than there is for many religious grounds.

I don't know what's right. No one can be sure. But no one has enough evidence, either way, to claim the other is outright wrong.

If you accept that the Holy Bible is the inerrant, inspired Word of God, then yes, you can say that the "other is outright wrong". If you deny that fact, then you have nothing.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    Interesting. You mean to tell me they've created living, breathing organisms, with self-replicating DNA, and self-replicating themselves out of a bucket of goo?

If you're a science guy, then you probably are familiar with Craig Venter, among others. I'm surprised you're asking this question.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    Your stereotypes are a weakness. I have a degree in electrical engineering and a masters degree...I am a "science-type". What you types fail to be able to grasp is people like us types can stand with equal certainty, contemplating both realms. I'll not argue your statistics because us types were warned that the world would be full deniers, scoffers, and such. So, even if only 1% believe in my religion, it matters not because I'm not like a bunch of liberals seeking consensus in science--the truth is the truth, even when no one believes it.

It is impossible to reconcile our positions, therefore not worth the argument. You have your beliefs and are welcome to them.

I've said I won't debate the topic, yet you continue to argue the point. I won't be prodded into a discussion where the position of both sides are well known. You've made up your mind and, as I said, you are welcome to your position.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    So, are all muslims guilty of Pre-Crime?

This coming from a Brigitte Gabriel follower, that believes that when the radicals are in the majority all the "good" muslims will follow along either out of solidarity or fear.

When has that ever been untrue?

Brad69

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2016
    Perry county
    Let's see if we are on the normal timeline ?

1. Express outrage at senseless act
    2. Praise first responders
    3. Proclaim "they will not change our way of life"
    4. Caution of backlash against the people who just attacked you
    5. Hold memorial run,concert,candlelight vigil, etc.
    6. Do nothing and wait for next attack

http://www.standard.co.uk/news/london/hundreds-gather-for-poignant-vigil-for-victims-of-london-bridge-terror-attack-a3557601.html

we have hit step 5 should be at step 6 in 24 hours

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    If it isn`t clear to anyone what our very clearly defined threat is, you`re not lucid. It ain`t those crazy Free Methodists cutting throats, and driving trucks into crowds.

The so called, patriot act was a blatant and illegal assault on the Constitution. The NDAA was the patriot act on steroids. Cowards trade in liberties for some perceived safety, Patriots do not.

I am guessing from your first quote that you feel the threat we face is from Islam.

Your second quote shows respect for our Constitution and liberty.

Are Muslims living in our country entitled to the same Constitutional protections as you?

gregr

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2016
    West-Central
    I am guessing from your first quote that you feel the threat we face is from Islam.

Your second quote shows respect for our Constitution and liberty.

Are Muslims living in our country entitled to the same Constitutional protections as you?

American citizens living in America are entitled to protection under the Constitution, non-citizens are not. Moreover, it is clearly not unconstitutional to keep potential terrorists from coming into the country in the first place.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I've said I won't debate the topic, yet you continue to argue the point. I won't be prodded into a discussion where the position of both sides are well known. You've made up your mind and, as I said, you are welcome to your position.

Sorry, you can't make statements and think you'll not be responded to. If you don't want your posts refuted, don't post them.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom