• Status
    Not open for further replies.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Freedom and complete safety cannot coexist.

I prefer to have the former.

Sounds like some people around here are re-thinking their position on the Patriot Act, or was it really only an issue when applied to non-Muslims?

That it is difficult to determine who are the real danger does not justify blaming everyone.

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    We have a clearly defined enemy. Islam. Time to seperate the threat from our civilized societies. Times of war call for drastic measures. We are overrun. The enemy is among us. Time to fix that.
    The president has the power in a time of war in emergencies to suspend the constitution and parts he deems necessary to defend the United States. Time to use those constitutionally granted powers. And it is legal. This would be a legal means to get the job done

Kudos for sayin what others just dance around.:yesway:

So what specific parts of the Constitution do we need to suspend right away?

Do we convert those FEMA camps into Muslim internment camps?

OakRiver

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    IN
    Just say'n. They are just as convinced they are right as you are. You know you are right and they know they are right. Unless Islam goes through a reformation, this will never end.
    Leaving aside the religious teachings of Islam there is also the structure to consider. Most major religions have a centralized leadership vested in a person or council. It is from this that the religion is lead and important interpretations of religious verses determined. With Islam there is no centralized leadership so each Imam's interpretation is equally valid.

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    Indiscriminately killing Muslims isn't the way to go. Most of them are good people trying to live their lives in peace like the rest of us.

However, I can't help but wonder if a somewhat Russian mafia style retribution would work on these radicals: You are caught attempting a terrorist attack, or your corpse is positively identified as an attacker after the fact; any branches of your family tree that can be reached will be trimmed, starting with your grandparents and working down.

hog slayer

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 10, 2015
    Camp Lejeune, NC
    George Takei

George Takei doesn't always hold popular opinion.
    Lest we forget:

https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...scouts-america-deal-another-blow-boyhood.html

In 2014, Takei raised $100,000 for an adult eagle scout to start a web series, titled Camp Abercorn, documenting his experiences in the Boy Scouts of America after he was forced to leave, due to their anti-gay adult policy. Takei stated, "As a former Boy Scout myself, it pains me deeply that the BSA still boots out gay Scouts when they turn 18, This web series will help educate and inform, as well as entertain. That gets a big thumbs up from me. Let's make this happen."

More to this thread:

Takei marked the 70th anniversary of the internment of Americans of Japanese descent, including himself as a child, by asking his readers to contact the US Congress to block S. 1253, the National Defense Authorization Act, that "would authorize a similar sweeping authority, granted to the President, to order the detention – without charge or trial – of any person even suspected of being associated with a 'terrorist organization'".

both from the wicked-pedia

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    George Takei doesn't always hold popular opinion.
    Lest we forget:

https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...scouts-america-deal-another-blow-boyhood.html

In 2014, Takei raised $100,000 for an adult eagle scout to start a web series, titled Camp Abercorn, documenting his experiences in the Boy Scouts of America after he was forced to leave, due to their anti-gay adult policy. Takei stated, "As a former Boy Scout myself, it pains me deeply that the BSA still boots out gay Scouts when they turn 18, This web series will help educate and inform, as well as entertain. That gets a big thumbs up from me. Let's make this happen."

More to this thread:

Takei marked the 70th anniversary of the internment of Americans of Japanese descent, including himself as a child, by asking his readers to contact the US Congress to block S. 1253, the National Defense Authorization Act, that "would authorize a similar sweeping authority, granted to the President, to order the detention – without charge or trial – of any person even suspected of being associated with a 'terrorist organization'".

both from the wicked-pedia

I guess I'm missing something?

hog slayer

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 10, 2015
    Camp Lejeune, NC
    I guess I'm missing something?

George doesn't always hold a popular opinion. It wasn't that long ago that INGO was in an uproar about gays policy IRT boy scouts. George was big in that effort. Just because he's got an opinion of value on this thread, don't forget that not all of his opinions have received such praise here.

The second quote is inline with this thread.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    George doesn't always hold a popular opinion. It wasn't that long ago that INGO was in an uproar about gays policy IRT boy scouts. George was big in that effort. Just because he's got an opinion of value on this thread, don't forget that not all of his opinions have received such praise here.

The second quote is inline with this thread.

No opinion on the first, other than it's his right to support whatever cause he chooses. The second, is 100% spot on. I hope that his sentiment involving the second instance isn't considered "unpopular."

OakRiver

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    IN
    Prime example of how we ain't dealing with Denzel and Tony Shalhoub's kick-ass investigators:

Police uncover YouTube link to London terror attack*

[FONT=&amp]C[/FONT][FONT=&amp]ounter-terrorism officers secretly recorded an alleged Isil-inspired terror cell in Barking last month discussing how to use YouTube to plot a van and knife attack in London, The Daily Telegraph can reveal.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&amp]The investigators were monitoring the alleged extremist cell in the east London borough weeks before Saturday night’s attack in the capital,which left seven dead and 48 injured. The Islamic State group has claimed responsibility for the attack.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&amp]

giphy.gif
    [/FONT]
    Out of curiosity how many previous attacks were carried out by people who were known to intelligence agencies and/or police, or who had previously been under surveillance?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom