• Status
    Not open for further replies.

hog slayer

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 10, 2015
    Camp Lejeune, NC
    The way to defeat them is to take away their ability to harm us. To do that they must be killed. Located identified, and killed. We need the ability and the political will to do this.

There's a feeling and emotional part of me that wants to agree with you, but it goes against my humanity. I cannot condone doing to the enemy what the enemy is doing to others and justify it. To consider myself a part off the solution and not the problem requires restraint. Voluntary restraint, but restraint, nonetheless.

I understand your sentiment, I think. I would caution you, though. You'll not be understood with such directness and no filter.

JTScribe

Chicago Typewriter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Bartholomew County

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    The way to defeat them is to take away their ability to harm us. To do that they must be killed. Located identified, and killed. We need the ability and the political will to do this.
    How do we do that and still maintain adherence to the Constitution? We have more to fear from our own citizens currently.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    Lots of emotional responses here which is 100% understandable. Some of the suggested solutions to this problem are based of emotion. That's a recipe for bad policy/law.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    In all the recent related threads, I hear a lot of, "Muslims are bad", "Islam is bad", etc. Maybe they are. Maybe it is.

What I don't hear is what exactly we should do about it. People with such strong opinions about what the problem is, surely have strong opinions about the solution.

So what are they?:dunno:

Other than cut out the PC crap, nothing much we can do without destroying liberty for everyone. Until islam decides its going to rid itself of this, you're fighting against an idea and an idea is a difficult thing to defeat.

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011

“All we can really do as CIA is create time and space, but if the politicians and the leaders don’t have the courage and the wherewithal to solve some of these problems, how terrorism is created, then you get into this loop where you kill people forever.”

General Michael Hayden

There's a great documentary about this subject; THE SPYMASTERS - CIA IN THE CROSSHAIRS

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011

Firstly, as Tarique Ghaffur - Assistant Commissioner at Scotland Yard when the 7/7 bombings took place - proposed last weekend, we need to round up the terror watch list, all 3,000 of them, and intern the lot.

Read more: Katie Hopkins on Theresa May and London terror attack | Daily Mail Online
    Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Sure. That'll work. We know how accurate and reliable such lists are in this country. And when someone not on the list carries out the next attack, who will they lock up?

Pretty sure I've already seen this movie...

[video=youtube;G5cTClTOdrY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G5cTClTOdrY&oref=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube .com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DG5cTClTOdrY&has_verified=1[/video]

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    please, there is the Civil religious thread for Christianity that you should visit. I'll educate you there

I already asked a question in the Islam thread regarding biases w/ regards to religions, but you haven't answered that one. Not that you're required to, it's just a curiosity on what you think about it.

JTScribe

Chicago Typewriter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Bartholomew County
    Sure. That'll work. We know how accurate and reliable such lists are in this country. And when someone not on the list carries out the next attack, who will they lock up?

Pretty sure I've already seen this movie...

[video=youtube;G5cTClTOdrY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G5cTClTOdrY&oref=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube .com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DG5cTClTOdrY&has_verified=1[/video]

To be fair, Denzel's FBI guys didn't save the day by playing "see no evil, speak no evil, hear no evil", either. They got out and did their damn jobs and didn't worry about offending anyone.

I notice how you didn't mention her other proposal about the 600+ people they know have been to Syria or Saudi Arabia. Thoughts, there?

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    I notice how you didn't mention her other proposal about the 600+ people they know have been to Syria or Saudi Arabia. Thoughts, there?

They certainly deserve a talkin to. There are some legitimate reasons to visit Saudi Arabia. Syria, far less. I have no problem investigating people who demonstrate behavior common to baby terrorist.

I would also have no problem with telling people who want to go to Syria, Afghanistan, etc. that it's a one way trip. Your passport will not get you back in.

hog slayer

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 10, 2015
    Camp Lejeune, NC
    I already asked a question in the Islam thread regarding biases w/ regards to religions, but you haven't answered that one. Not that you're required to, it's just a curiosity on what you think about it.

I'm biased. Sure. Unfortunately we all are. But, are you open to a change of heart? A change of opinion? That's the real question. Can I pass judgment on something that is outside of my beliefs? Absolutely! Can I read? Absolutely! I Can even educate myself. You want to know what a person is about, ask them. Read their brochures. Read their operating manuals. Listen to their leaders.

Put a bit of effort in the educating of yourself and see if you come away without any bias.

Now, I put a lengthy post on the Christian thread to discuss the viability of the claims that the bible is the true word of God. Forget the religious affiliation and see if the requirements needed are sufficient or not. What could be added to make the questions more effective?

hog slayer

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 10, 2015
    Camp Lejeune, NC
    Just how bad is the issue? If left unchecked how far will it spread? What are the potential outcomes (positive and negative) of different degrees of the aforementioned?

JTScribe

Chicago Typewriter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Bartholomew County
    Prime example of how we ain't dealing with Denzel and Tony Shalhoub's kick-ass investigators:

Police uncover YouTube link to London terror attack 

[FONT=&quot]C[/FONT][FONT=&quot]ounter-terrorism officers secretly recorded an alleged Isil-inspired terror cell in Barking last month discussing how to use YouTube to plot a van and knife attack in London, The Daily Telegraph can reveal.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]The investigators were monitoring the alleged extremist cell in the east London borough weeks before Saturday night’s attack in the capital,which left seven dead and 48 injured. The Islamic State group has claimed responsibility for the attack.

giphy.gif
    [/FONT]

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    We have a clearly defined enemy. Islam. Time to seperate the threat from our civilized societies. Times of war call for drastic measures. We are overrun. The enemy is among us. Time to fix that.
    The president has the power in a time of war in emergencies to suspend the constitution and parts he deems necessary to defend the United States. Time to use those constitutionally granted powers. And it is legal. This would be a legal means to get the job done

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    We have a clearly defined enemy. Islam.

Clear as mud.

Time to seperate the threat from our civilized societies. Times of war call for drastic measures. We are overrun. The enemy is among us. Time to fix that.
    The president has the power in a time of war in emergencies to suspend the constitution and parts he deems necessary to defend the United States. Time to use those constitutionally granted powers. And it is legal. This would be a legal means to get the job done

I am very, very happy that you are not the President.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom