• ...and so much more!
  • chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    Did you even bother to read the study before linking it?

Interpretation​

Our analyses indicate that vaccine effectiveness generally decreases over time against SARS-CoV-2 infections, hospitalisations, and mortality. The baseline vaccine effectiveness levels for the omicron variant were notably lower than for other variants. Therefore, other preventive measures (eg, face-mask wearing and physical distancing) might be necessary to manage the pandemic in the long term.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    Oh people still die from the flu. Every year. Also... covid is an influenza.
    Influenza (flu) is a respiratory disease caused by an influenza virus variant.

SARS-CoV-2 is a respiratory disease caused by the 2019 novel coronavirus and its variants.

The influenza virus and coronavirus are two completely different viruses.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Influenza (flu) is a respiratory disease caused by an influenza virus variant.

SARS-CoV-2 is a respiratory disease caused by the 2019 novel coronavirus and its variants.

The influenza virus and coronavirus are two completely different viruses.
    Yep. Both are respiratory viruses but they’re not the same virus.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    It is not a vaccine in the traditional sense. It is not like that traditional flu shot, it is a twenty year old technology that was not able to come to market because it was not safe, that big pharma rammed through in a period of fear under an emergency order.

The vaccine does not work, studies have shown it, it harms many people, studies have shown it.

The ventilator fiasco was learning on the job, the doctors were doing their best and I’m sorry your family suffered from the ignorance at the time.
    I still disagree with this assessment. mRNA is merely a transport system. It is the payload being delivered that determines whether the use is safe and effective.

I've argued all along (same true for the flu) that highly mutating viruses aren't good candidates for vaccine immunization. That doesn't mean that mRNA can't be used safely or effectively for other treatments/vaccinations.

It took 20 years to be used because other modalities were available, cheaper, and already approved; so the financial incentive to get an mRNA treatment to market simply wasn't there.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    That in a nutshell is teaching...passing on knowledge in the physical form. I.e. MRNA (messenger RNA)
    No. That's not how it works, at all.

The mRNA provides the cell a one-time-use instruction set for the cell to produce a protein. For the novel coronavirus, that protein is the protein spike on the outer shell of the virus. The cell "learns" nothing, and once the instruction set is used, it is gone, because the cell subsumes the mRNA.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    I'm guessing that you are a contrarion. Every profession needs these to stay on the level. It is unfortunate that you have garnered just a following here though. I cannot say that it isn't expected. For every few Pastures there is a Walter Freeman.
    :rolleyes:

ZZZZZZZZZZZ

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 7, 2023
    Indianapolis
    No. That's not how it works, at all.

The mRNA provides the cell a one-time-use instruction set for the cell to produce a protein. For the novel coronavirus, that protein is the protein spike on the outer shell of the virus. The cell "learns" nothing, and once the instruction set is used, it is gone, because the cell subsumes the mRNA.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    I like fairy tales too. Some of my recent favorites:

-Trump colluded with Russia
    -Covid came from a panda screwing a bat, not a lab illegally funded by the U.S. Government to develop bioweapons within the borders of our biggest adversary
    -This was the most affordable Thanksgiving in history
    -The economy is booming
    -Hunter's laptop is fake
    -The current POTUS isn't a bought and paid for spy on the take from our enemies.

ZZZZZZZZZZZ

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 7, 2023
    Indianapolis

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Holy Straw Man, Batman!
    5 years ago or so, if they announced a mRNA vaccine that would stop cancer probably would have been one of the first ones to line up to take it. See, before 2021, I was pretty trusting of the system that such medications had gone through extensive testing to prove they were actually safe and effective, the side effects well known and researched. After observing what I‘ve observed the last 3 years, only if I were at a late stage cancer progression would I take a chance on something like this.

ZZZZZZZZZZZ

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 7, 2023
    Indianapolis
    I like fairy tales too. Some of my recent favorites:

-Trump colluded with Russia
    -Covid came from a panda screwing a bat, not a lab illegally funded by the U.S. Government to develop bioweapons within the borders of our biggest adversary
    -This was the most affordable Thanksgiving in history
    -The economy is booming
    -Hunter's laptop is fake
    -The current POTUS isn't a bought and paid for spy on the take from our enemies.
    Ugh. A we were having a good debate. Then you just had to go full drool cup over some crap that doesn't mean anything.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Ugh. A we were having a good debate. Then you just had to go full drool cup over some crap that doesn't mean anything.
    You're right. Our elected leaders, the scientific community and the media aren't completely full of **** and dispense nothing but the truth. I can see why you refuse to abandon their path. Or maybe they were just full of **** about everything else except the vaccine. Yeah, that's probably it.

You want to push studies and articles to support your side. These is zero credibility there. Your odds of discovering the truth increase exponentially if you believe the opposite of what any of them say. Actual science is allowed to be questioned.

Top Bottom