• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area

Vaccines are heavily subsidized by the government... WAY above and beyond compensating vaccine victims.

Links to government subsidized vaccines

The feds fund the development of new vaccines through grant giveaway programs.

The government runs an entire website devoted to advertising corporate products: vaccines.gov

And then there's huge subsidy programs like Medicare and Obamacare.

This market is monopolistic and ultra-subsidized. It is the ultimate abomination to a free market system.

Actually, the abomination that comes first to my mind is Lucas Oil Stadium and the sweetheart deal the Colts have....along with the 1% increase I'm forced to pay in sales tax.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    Actually, the abomination that comes first to my mind is Lucas Oil Stadium and the sweetheart deal the Colts have....along with the 1% increase I'm forced to pay in sales tax.

Same egregious behavior, different thieves.

We have each of these because corporate lobbyists and opponents of the free market claim it is a "public good" (a meaningless term that can rationalize any abhorrent policy).

steveh_131

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Porter County
    If you want to continue denying the American people the right to seek restitution from companies that have damaged them and instead take money from the American taxpayers to pay them off, then that may be a true statement.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Same egregious behavior, different thieves.

We have each of these because corporate lobbyists and opponents of the free market claim it is a "public good" (a meaningless term that can rationalize any abhorrent policy).

Which is also true about "for the children" and "If it saves one life...."

OutdoorDad

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 19, 2015
    Indianapolis

pffffttttt

They only added that tax after they had paid off the loan on the RCA dome.

So its a net neutral tax for Marion County residents.

Cause they paid off the RCA dome.

And ended that tax.

Oh, wait.

Hmmm

I see your point.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    And Greenwood is the southernmost part of Marion County......not.

And the Colts get all the revenue from the stadium from non-NFL events?

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    This is chezuki's wife. Unfortunately, chez's condition has deteriorated over night and he is now wandering the town pantless wearing earmuffs and desperately searching for his baseball. My efforts to corral him have all been fruitless. Please don't make the same mistakes we did. We were naive to think vaccines had any part in the near eradication of all those diseases that used to ravage humanity. And even if they did, surely no plague could be worse than this.

Please, say **** you to big pharma and do NOT vaccinate your children.

cause we don't need your genes in the pool anyway

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    As Bug said, if her research on the subject has been peer-reviewed and published, it might be worth a read. Otherwise, it's opinion, not science.

OK, I missed this the first time around, and it strikes one of my pet peeves on most any argument related to science. Let me emphasize that this is not a criticism directed to Alpo, he just reminded me of a much broader point. The prevailing demand for peer-reviewed, published works as the baseline for 'truth' comes with some serious problems. In a perfect world in which science did in fact exist in the bubble that most scientists would like for us to believe in, it would have merit. The problem is that a scientist's potential for professional growth or even keeping a job depends much on appeasing his private or public benefactors, creating a tendency to strictly adhere to a political orthodoxy which may or may not stand up to the scrutiny one would expect of science yielding an echo chamber. So far as I can tell based on the points where science has impacted the street in my observation, it appears that the entire peer-review process is much like a Christian theologian being required to secure the imprimatur of the clerics at the mosque before his works are accepted as sufficiently scholarly to take into consideration. Take 'global warming' for example. Being a 'denier' is sufficient to have a person drummed right out of the scientific community even though sufficient evidence exists of an historical nature to demonstrate that it is bullsh*t, it has happened before in the middle ages more intensely than any present warming trend, and did NOT destroy the planet, yet you are a charlatan if you do not both accept and champion the idea that we are about to destroy the planet out from under ourselves. This is before we consider that a single significant volcanic eruption produces more 'greenhouse gasses' than humans have in world history. My point is that the peer-review process holds up as orthodoxy things that don't even make sense, yet it is held up as the gold standard.

A few years back, I visited a hardware store where someone had posted a cartoon of a kid minding the store with a frustrated customer pointing and shaking his head. The kid tells the man, "I'm sorry sir. The computer says we don't have one. Your pointing at the item won't help." I see enough examples of science saying essentially the same thing as I look at the obvious has done much to convince me that science today is about 95% politics and 5% scientific method.

steveh_131

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Porter County
    chezuki said:
    Got both a flu shot and Tdap booster today. Now I can't stop sorting my Legos by color and screaming the word turtle over and over.

Parents of vaccine-injured kids probably don't find this nearly as hilarious as you do.

mbills2223 said:
    We will ultimately determine that everything causes Autism, just like cancer

Yes, everything but vaccines. Can't be vaccines. Right?

IndyDave1776 said:
    My point is that the peer-review process holds up as orthodoxy things that don't even make sense, yet it is held up as the gold standard.

Peer review is certainly not fool-proof. The practice of science is filled with dogma. The peer review process can not protect it from that.

Inappropriate manipulation of peer review - BioMed Central blog

Top Bottom