• ...and so much more!
  • Lex Concord

Not so well-known member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Morgan County
    Fine. How about those of you who so adamantly refuse to vax STHU and quit trying to make the rest of society complicit in your choice? Just make it and go on with life. /quasi-sarcasm

The anti-vax crowd is just as bad, if not worse, than the vax crowd.

Many of us would like to go on our way, if only the pro-vaxers would go on theirs. The problem is the big difference between the vax and anti-vax crowd.

I have never heard of one person in the anti-vax crowd advocating government force to prevent him from getting a vaccination he wanted.

On the flip side, I can't count the number of pro-vax folks that have advocated a gun in my back to get a needle in my kids' arms.

DadOfFour

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Many of us would like to go on our way, if only the pro-vaxers would go on theirs. The problem is the big difference between the vax and anti-vax crowd.

I have never heard of one person in the anti-vax crowd advocating government force to prevent him from getting a vaccination he wanted.

On the flip side, I can't count the number of pro-vax folks that have advocated a gun in my back to get a needle in my kids' arms.

Hell, just look at this thread! The pro-vax folks are proposing that those who don't get vaccinated be "removed from society" the anti-vax folks on the other hand are saying, you do what you want, we'll do what we want.

findingZzero

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 16, 2012
    N WIndy
    You're actually making the argument that I should be vaccinated so the others who have chosen not to vaccinate are safer? If you're really concerned, then just come out and say you think the government should be able to control what medical treatments you must have and those which you can't have.

Is this an argument about what gov't should and shouldn't do besides protect the homeland? When we agree to live in a society, we do give up some control over individual choices. How far we go with that is certainly up for debate. Not sure we will solve that here. The left wants the gov't to do too much, and the right wants the gov't to do not to much. In the middle, we get the best/worst of both. Get off the grid, home school your kids, don't vaccinate them and live the good life. We have no problem.

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 6, 2009
    Castleton, Indianapolis
    Ahhh so because I exercise my freedom you Oh, and I've read so much on this you have no idea. My ex wife and I literally spent months and months researching this before we made our decision. I don't make decisions regarding my childrens' health and well-being lightly nor without researching everything I can get my hands on.

I truly hope this is true and your lapse of scrolling ability earlier was only that. I also hope that when you stated that there's no potential harm to others you knew that there could be, but forgot that part temporally. Either way, the point is moot.

If you don't want to be part of society, don't. If you want to drive down the middle of the road, move to where people aren't around. If you want to raise wild dogs to attack random intruders, move to where people aren't around. If you want to possibly spread deadly diseases....

Would you be viewing this the same way if it was an argument between nudists? If someone was saying it's their constitutional right to walk around naked? Where in the constitution does it say I can't be naked 24-7? Why can't my kids go to school naked? This infringes on my rights! And nudity doesn't have the nasty side affect of possibly creating the next bubonic plague. If you want to be a nudist, you do your own thing out of typical society. So why when you abandon something that's for public health you should view it any differently?

Don't get me wrong, it's your right to do whatever you want. But it's my right to protect my health by not wanting MMR from your lack of immunization.

To quote findingZzero
    Get off the grid, home school your kids, don't vaccinate them and live the good life. We have no problem.

Lex Concord

Not so well-known member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Morgan County
    I truly hope this is true and your lapse of scrolling ability earlier was only that. I also hope that when you stated that there's no potential harm to others you knew that there could be, but forgot that part temporally. Either way, the point is moot.

If you don't want to be part of society, don't. If you want to drive down the middle of the road, move to where people aren't around. If you want to raise wild dogs to attack random intruders, move to where people aren't around. If you want to possibly spread deadly diseases....

Would you be viewing this the same way if it was an argument between nudists? If someone was saying it's their constitutional right to walk around naked? Where in the constitution does it say I can't be naked 24-7? Why can't my kids go to school naked? This infringes on my rights! And nudity doesn't have the nasty side affect of possibly creating the next bubonic plague. If you want to be a nudist, you do your own thing out of typical society. So why when you abandon something that's for public health you should view it any differently?

Don't get me wrong, it's your right to do whatever you want. But it's my right to protect my health by not wanting MMR from your lack of immunization.

To quote findingZzero
    Get off the grid, home school your kids, don't vaccinate them and live the good life. We have no problem.

If your goal is to remove potential harm from the world, I have a site for you: be sure to do your part.

:facepalm:

steveh_131

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Porter County
    It's cool, I trust you guys to make my medical decisions for my children for the good of the collective.

Also, I just wrote checks to two different Nigerian Princes so that I can receive the $15 Million that they need me to hold for them.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    You don't get vaccinated, people have the choice to not be around you. If someone had a highly infectious airborne disease, would you want them in class with your kids? How would you like to work with them? I bet at the very least you'd demand a mask.
    All of this can be resolved with private property rules. Scared of whooping cough, go to a private school where they can make the rules as intrusive as their hearts desire.

In the public commons, you don't get to tell people how to live.

And for the record, I am pro-mask, and when I feel uncomfortable someplace, I leave.

Now how would you feel if they said it was because they chose not to get cured.
    Its been brought up several times how even vaccinated people can get these diseases and spread them. There is no real cure. The person spreading the airborne disease could have recently been vaccinated for all you know.

The cure has a one in a million chance of making them worse.
    There is no way I believe that statistic.

Still, you'd be confused, right? That's how I view your arguments.
    Wait, what?

But if you don't read the counter information, and don't inform yourself any further, you'll get no sympathy from me if your kids can't go to school with mine.
    What if I read it and still made up my mind to not vaccinate?

We try to live somewhere between anarchy and total control.
    Force medicating me is violating the very last bastion of personal space I have left. We're approaching total control when people advocate that.

You stay classy Ram.
    Go tell the Vaxxers, passerby, that here, by Rambone law we lie.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    When we agree to live in a society, we do give up some control over individual choices.

3oc0s5.jpg

beararms1776

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2010
    INGO
    Vaccinations can be a good thing. That being said, when you read stories about how some :nuts: thinks humans need to be genetically engineered to reduce carbon footprints, how do they expect a person to process that type of info.

ocsdor

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 24, 2009
    Lafayette, IN

Worth repeating. :+1: :yesway:

Hogwylde

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 12, 2011
    Moved to Tucson, AZ
    Fortunately (or unfortunately), parents are allowed to screw up their children almost any way they want. I personally don't give a flying f*** if you get your kid immunized or not. BUT........don't come crying to me or anyone else if they get polio, measles, mumps or any other preventable disease and expect me or the government to pay for their treatment or disabilities when they go blind or are crippled or any other result of a disease that could have been prevented and you CHOSE not to have immunizations. You make the decision.......YOU and your children live with the consequences.

findingZzero

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 16, 2012
    N WIndy
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by findingZzero
    We try to live somewhere between anarchy and total control.

""Force medicating me is violating the very last bastion of personal space I have left. We're approaching total control when people advocate that. ""

Only if we insist on doing it when you're having sex with your ferret*(NTTAWWT)* or partner of your choice (NDI)** in the privacy of your bedroom. Hmmmmmm..wait, we used to do that! See! things are getting better.

*nothatthereisanythingwrongwiththat
    **nodisrespectintended

p.s. free beer to anyone (one) who can tell me how to use colors here....

Last edited:

findingZzero

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 16, 2012
    N WIndy

But your ancestors did.:D:D:D:D The smileyfaces are there so you won't shoot me with your concealed handgun @ WalMart.....:D:D:D
    Let's have a beer and see if we can solve this thing (oops! gov't solution-Obama did it). I'll bring my swiss knife. The little one with the scissors and toothpick. 'bringing a knife to a gun fight' and my enormous brain.

Top Bottom