• ...and so much more!
  • jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    What a great way to educate ones children in Free America.
    Well. We've gotten more progressive in how we raise children. This is what we have coming. I suspect a few more asswhoopings and whatnot, at the right times, and we'd probably have fewer of these things.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    The problem is that narcissists very rarely ask for treatment, so there is next to no statistics to draw any fact based conclusions.
    True enough, but there's still considerable research into it. It's part nature--biologically predisposed, and that's the part that's not well understood--but it's mostly nurture, and there seems to be a better understanding of that. It's hard to create a narcissist who wasn't coddled, traumatized, abused, or the other 3 or 4 factors. And that's all my point was.

Somemedic

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I wonder how hard it would be to design a system like these that would pop up/loose when you pushed the bar? And what it would cost to retrofit the doors. Visual confirmation that the doors are secured, and no need to do more than push the crash bar.
    I'm guessing if we have 40bil for situations in Europe then we can fix issues here on these shores first.

Somemedic

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I think you're giving "gun shop staff" WAY too much credit. And I'm not talking about a small locally owned gun store. I'm thinking the teenager behind the gun counter at a Rural King or Academy sports...
    In all fairness what should a guy do?

You see a fella who fills out the 4473 properly, has his ID, has his money in hand but you don't care for him or his ideology. So you step in and say "I can't sell you this, partner, and you should leave"?

Do you have that right? Unless he's walking around carrying a manifesto of what it is he's about to do do you have the right to deny him his 2nd?

The shop that sold him the weapon I have no doubt, those employees feel awful but with the current laws could not have done anything to prevent this tragedy from occurring.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    I don't suppose that anybody in big media has considered that the murderer could have killed all those he shot with a revolver when you look at the time involved. It really has nothing to do with an AR-15 other than going back to old gun control argument.

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    I don't suppose that anybody in big media has considered that the murderer could have killed all those he shot with a revolver when you look at the time involved. It really has nothing to do with an AR-15 other than going back to old gun control argument.
    A revolver? How about a muzzle loading rifle.

The Bubba Effect

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 13, 2010
    High Rockies
    In all fairness what should a guy do?

You see a fella who fills out the 4473 properly, has his ID, has his money in hand but you don't care for him or his ideology. So you step in and say "I can't sell you this, partner, and you should leave"?

Do you have that right? Unless he's walking around carrying a manifesto of what it is he's about to do do you have the right to deny him his 2nd?

The shop that sold him the weapon I have no doubt, those employees feel awful but with the current laws could not have done anything to prevent this tragedy from occurring.
    I have refused a sale. I totally have the right to do that.

I am not putting blame on the shop for selling him the gun, but you can totally refuse a sale if you don’t think it is a good idea.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    I have refused a sale. I totally have the right to do that.

I am not putting blame on the shop for selling him the gun, but you can totally refuse a sale if you don’t think it is a good idea.
    I would do the same in a private sale as well. If I get any sense that something isn't quite right about the potential buyer then it's a no sale. Fortunately I haven't had to do that.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    But can you refuse a sale during Pride Month because you feel someone looks a little "off"?

What about during the month of February?
    If they are wearing a hard hat with a rainbow sex toy attached to it then It's a no go.

The Bubba Effect

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 13, 2010
    High Rockies
    But can you refuse a sale during Pride Month because you feel someone looks a little "off"?

What about during the month of February?
    It's a gun, not a wedding cake so I think you would be OK.

(That’s a lie. I think you would be vulnerable to a civil rights lawsuit, but I would rather deal with that than arm someone who I think is a threat to decent people.)

Top Bottom