Not open for further replies.

indy77

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2009
    Central Indiana
    Simple question

This might not be the place to post this but I find it strange that the person who started this thread was being accused of boosting his post count. So far it has generated 135 pages, over 1300 posts. Who deceides what is a real post or someone running up their post count. You can't tell me that most of the comments were legit. Of course if you already have 5000 or 10000 posts it makes no difference to you. I have made legit comments and they weren't counted but it's not that important to me. Just wondered how this works. Ok bring on the smartass comments like the big boys like to post.:dunno:

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    This might not be the place to post this but I find it strange that the person who started this thread was being accused of boosting his post count. So far it has generated 135 pages, over 1300 posts. Who deceides what is a real post or someone running up their post count. You can't tell me that most of the comments were legit. Of course if you already have 5000 or 10000 posts it makes no difference to you. I have made legit comments and they weren't counted but it's not that important to me. Just wondered how this works. Ok bring on the smartass comments like the big boys like to post.:dunno:

Only the first 50 have to be quality. 51 & up is open season ass-hattery.

indy77

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2009
    Central Indiana
    Yes I only have 31 posts since 09. Someone is going to have to explain to me what a quality post is. I am not trying to be a smart ass. I want to know what the rules are so I can abide by them. I have learned alot on this site and I appreciate the information. I am too old to be causing trouble. By the way I still have 31 posts after my last post yesterday. Guess it wasn't a quality post.

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    Quality

Post it 50x.

But seriously the mods want you to be contributing to the site with real questions and honest answers up to atleast 50 posts. That way they know you are not just scamming to get into the classifieds. Since you have been here since 09 and do not have 50 posts that does not mean you are a scammer just a casual reader and rare poster. If you don't have much to say and prefer to read that is cool. I've gone weeks without posting but I don't think I could go a whole year or even a month.

If now you want to use the classifieds but still have little to say then you can become a site supporter for I think it's like $10.00.

Hope that helps.

indy77

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2009
    Central Indiana
    Thank you kawtech, that's the info I was looking for. I would be more than happy to become a site supporter. I am just an old retired guy that CC's and loves to shoot when I get the chance. You are right about reading more than posting, I bet I have read 1000 posts but haven't jumped in because I am not that knowledgeable as most on here seem to be. Don't want to make a fool of myself. There is a wealth of information on this site and I have learned a lot.Thanks again for your patients.

LockStocksAndBarrel

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    11189jc.jpg

Hornett

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    Bedford, Indiana
    Thank you kawtech, that's the info I was looking for. I would be more than happy to become a site supporter. I am just an old retired guy that CC's and loves to shoot when I get the chance. You are right about reading more than posting, I bet I have read 1000 posts but haven't jumped in because I am not that knowledgeable as most on here seem to be. Don't want to make a fool of myself. There is a wealth of information on this site and I have learned a lot.Thanks again for your patients.
    There is not really a down side to posting non quality posts.
    They usually just get deleted so they don't add to your post count.
    Just don't post "hmmmm" in 40 or 50 different threads like Tin Can did and you will be fine.:D

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom