• ...and so much more!
  • bigiron

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 25, 2009
    NWI hiding in the bushes
    I love it!

bong,booze,grandma,granny,marijuana,old,lady-7b2715f82442058f1452ffe721535b02_h.jpg

grannas' gone dope! chillin in my hood wit my cousin. let me ax you sometin, what dat liqua ganny? coat 45?

glockman23

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Indy
    I'm only about half way through the pages here. But honestly, I can't believe so many people are criticizing this guy.

1. Instead of telling the elderly neighbors to go forth and fornicate, he was respectful and sought to end confrontation by resolving their problem for them, under no obligation of his own.

2. Instead of throwing his hands up and leaving the maniac woman to her raving, he was polite and asked her what was up. This shows a strong manner of respect.

3. He was carrying a firearm for personal protection in a rough neighborhood in a very casual manner. He was neither flaunting it, hiding it, drawing it, or waving it around. The perfect example of responsibly carrying.

4. When the LEOs were called, he made every effort to present to them a non-hostile environment by securing his unloaded weapon in a locked container (His vehicle), and standing in an open and non threatening area.

5. He calmly analyzed and reacted to a situation that would make any man nervous in that same situation. To quote Samuel L Jackson, "...Now when you yell at me, I get nervous." "And when I get nervous, I get scared." He was confronted with a crazed and possibly violent woman who was already verbally abusing him and advancing on him despite his verbal attempts at defusing a situation. The woman also had friends accompanying her, who would have jumped to her aid if the situation came to her violence. And in addition, he was surrounded by a neighborhood known for it's low nature. And an Anti 2nd amendment LEO.

He never reached for his weapon, aside to disarm himself in an attempt to show that he was in no way contemplating on escalating the situation into a deadly one. He was respectful of everyone around him, despite their disrespect. He was respectful of himself by not allowing the woman to advance on him further than she did. He was respectful to the LEO's, and answered their questions without argument.

He didn't do a single thing wrong, and if I was in his position, I would have done the very same things.

Don't take my advice as credible, but... The fact that you know you're a candidate for employment with the county sheriff department means that you must have a contact that has talked to you more than once during the process. Call him up, explain the situation, and take his advice. If there's no report, then he'll suggest you blow it off. If there is, he'll likely give you guidance on how to diffuse the situation if there is one to make sure there's no bar to your employment.

I think everyone needs to take a few more moments to actually read and comprehend these types of posts before you automatically jump to these types of assumptions.

And in my humble opinion, you'd make an outstanding LEO.

I agree. all of the negative replies come from the a**holes who no matter what happened whould have have did it better and perfect everytime.

NDguido

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 13, 2010
    Nappnee, Indiana
    You don't always get the answer you want, especially when you ask for them. It takes two to tango, and you should have been the bigger man and just parked the way you should have. The people that are in Gov. Sub. Housing are usually there for a reason. I know, I live in the Evansville Projects for three years after I got out of the Navy, talk about a culture shock. Dude, I was eating so many s**t sandwiches, just trying to avoid any confrontation with the crack head, food stamp tradin' losers around me. You obviously have something going for yourself or else the Sheriffs Department wouldn't even be considering you. Sometimes you just have to take one across the face and "remember" where it came from.

I don't have memory for the Bible verses, but the one about turning the other cheek seems to work here. The friggin whack jobs around you have two things on their mind, where are they getting their next fix from, and who can I sue today.

Remember, the state of Indiana has declared you as "being a proper person" don't mess it up because of crack head Joe.

Breath, and think about what will be lost if you let them goad you into something.

:+1:

NDguido

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 13, 2010
    Nappnee, Indiana
    He didnt pull his firearm! why is everyone telling him he shouldnt have?:dunno:

Im not sure you handled it in the best of ways. you would of been better off ignoring her..or at the most acknowledge her by saying "sorry mam,Ill move my vehicle" and just let her talk chit. as you said her husband was trying to calm her down...she wasnt your problem.
    by acting in a defensive manner you did escalate the situation. I mean really..what could a crippled lady do to harm you? assuming she was unarmed.

then again none of us where there so none of us know how we would of handled it for sure.

one thing I would like to know though...how come every time some one on this forum describes a situation they where involved in like this they always have to tell us what they where carrying and how they where carrying it, "I had my glock 92 with tactical plasma cutter and heat seeking rounds on my 16 o'clock in a baby monkey skin triple stitched holster and I was ready to draw down on the cross eyed little girl if need be! no way was I going to let her steal my paper clip!!!!"

lol.....outstanding. I can only assume this place is crawling with police officers and mercs. With some of the terminolgy I hear at this site, I feel like I'm reading a military or police training manual.

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    lol.....outstanding. I can only assume this place is crawling with police officers and mercs. With some of the terminolgy I hear at this site, I feel like I'm reading a military or police training manual.

yep pretty much. :D

i try to not talk in acronyms. im use to speaking in civilian termninology now. i just cant spell worth a crap so they dont like me anyways :laugh:

Last edited:

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    I had a run-in with some old lady on a hoverround at Disney World a few years back, granted, I wasn't gonna draw down on her but, I was still plenty pissed. Those things were everywhere, and I'd been bumped by two people on em already, then this old bag comes driving directly at me and one of my kids, and there was really no place for us to go, she says "MOVE Pal, I'm trying to drive here" that was the straw that broke the camels back, and sadly, in front of the kid, and many others, I went off on her and some dude that was tagging along with her. I told her how rude her, and most of the other morons on those things were. Anyhoo, me and the entire family got a behind the scenes look at the Test Track ride, and V.I.P. tickets for some restaurant out of the whole fiasco. Moral of the story, don't pull your gun on people in wheelchairs, and you just might get free food out of it.:twocents:

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Pulling the gun was bad enough. Slapping her out of her wheelchair... that was just uncalled for!

Slapping her out of the wheelchair? I thought it said he helicopter'ed the man into the crowd of crackheads that when they jumped/fell out the way (being the squirrely crackheads they were) they knocked her out of it before she could hit the turbo button to move... :dunno:

Sorry, I couldn't help myself. :D

Top Bottom