Drat those snarky thugs.

white-gangsta.jpg

Last edited:

Gunsmoke 45

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 14, 2010
    Careful big guy, I just might invite you to spend some time where I call home. While I'm at it, I can introduce you to some lovely dealers of the-rock-known-as-crack, and have you deal with the welfare-worshippers on a daily basis. :DIf this comes up regarding my job offer, so be it. I'll explain it thoroughly. I could just as easily meet with several ranking officers and discuss the matter, or if I were so inclined, discuss the matter with Sheriff Lain or Chief Brickner. So they'll hear that a citizen was licensed to carry and did nothing illegal? I'm chewing my nails in fear :rolleyes: I do believe that's the first time I've been sarcastic towards another post. :) Welcome to :ingo:

Yeah, I'm sure the sheriff or chief will be really impressed with someone who gets himself into high-drama situations and then just has to get on the internet and tell the world how he "almost had to draw" his "Glock 19 with night sights at the 3:00 position in a Blackhawk Serpa holster." Mall ninja much? :rolleyes:

You'll be a great cop. Thanks for protecting us from bipolar 50 year old women and snarky gang-bangers who look at us wrong. I don't know what we would do without you and your Glock 19 with night sights at the 3:00 position in a Blackhawk Serpa holster.

My crystal ball is showing me a news story about a Porter county cop getting in trouble for talking smack about "crackheads" on Facebook in the future.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 29, 2009
    OK, I am officially a bozo. It was oldfb who made that great post I quoted, not evansville thompsongunner. MY BAD! Sorry gunner! No disrespect meant!

Hats off to oldfb.

No worries, but yeah, I'm not that old or that wise yet. Give me twenty or fifty years and we'll see. Haha. But you're right - HE made some great points.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    3. I will be meeting with my apartment manager on Monday to discuss this. My lease is not due to be completed until 7/31/10 due to a 3month laziness regarding the filing of the paperwork in their error. Ironically, just today I have found another apartment and would like to move there 5/2010. Should I request an early lease-termination with no repercussions?

Yes :yesway:

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    Is it just me, or does there seem to be more of that going on here lately? :dunno:

:+1:Yep, after a while the innocent jokes become insulting and degrading, however unintentional. But, that's the power of the internet; we now have invencible bullies. Now, keep looking...we just may get to read, "I would say it in his face!" and maybe even the ever popoular, "Well, you know we can meet anytime you want!"

dhdoug

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2010
    hancock county
    sometimes

sometimes you do most everything right and it just doesnt matter. other than run/go inside to just get away.. (which hardly none of us would or will do ).i say all good. little bit like "no good deed goes unpunished".be safe.:popcorn:

308jake

Master
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Feb 5, 2010
    Brownsburg
    Too Funny..

one thing I would like to know though...how come every time some one on this forum describes a situation they where involved in like this they always have to tell us what they where carrying and how they where carrying it, "I had my glock 92 with tactical plasma cutter and heat seeking rounds on my 16 o'clock in a baby monkey skin triple stitched holster and I was ready to draw down on the cross eyed little girl if need be! no way was I going to let her steal my paper clip!!!!"[/quote]

That is just too funny. I have not laughed this hard in some time.

g00n24

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    IN
    I don't see anything you did as wrong. It seems like you may have been able to hop quickly into your car and move it, but with some crazy Biatch in your face that is a difficult thing to do. After that when the neighbors came out, based on your complex and its inhabitants, I think you could have been possibly opening yourself up for attack if you turned your back on a crowd to get into your vehicle. Firmly and confidently telling people to "stay back" "Stop"...whatever, while backing up yourself seems to me to be the correct thing to do in this situation.
    Now, I don't have the patients to read through 11 pages of posts, so I dont know if this has already been mentioned...I would suggest you carry a small bright flashlight with you everywhere you go while carrying. I personally love my new Fenix PD30, it clips right on a belt or in a pocket and is nice and small. Any of the good LED flashlights out there now will be BLINDING on their highest settings, and some such as the PD-30 have a strobe feature.
    I have never experienced a situation like your's, however I have though about similar situations a lot. My plan would be if a situation seems to be escalating and your CALM attempts to defuse the situation are not working...putting the light on the eyes of anyone acting in a threatening manner seems like it would be a great way to stop their advance. You would catch them off guard and be able to get out of the situation, and they won't be able to see clearly for at least 20-30 seconds if your light is bright enough. I wouldn't have put a light on the old lady, but if neighbors like yours started gathering around me like that and advancing that would have been the first thing Id do while telling them to stay back...my :twocents:

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    ROTFLMAO, but his nerves were still frazzled from that gang banger a month ago who mumbled howdy in a snarky way a month ago.

i doubt if the thug from a month ago wanted to wish him a happy valentines day. i dont think he did the wrong thing then. if all he did was show his weapon (IN HIS HOLSTER) and the guy backed off then thats a WIN!!! he didnt have to kill the guy or get mugged. so why are people giving him sh*t for it too???

i OC ALL THE TIME, except to places that I KNOW will ask me to leave (like certain walmarts, etc), so i CC to them.

but what is the difference in what he did or me OC'ing as a deterent?? the point is the piece of sh*t thug realized that ths guy wasnt easy prey and he chose life over becoming a leather foot stool. sounds good to me!!

Ness2k

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 26, 2008
    China ^_^
    If you need some subsidized housing to live in, look at Windridge Village...I live "next door" in Compass Pointe (who owns Windridge), and I can vouch that very rarely does anything warranting police intervention happen over there.

Jack Ryan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    HE?....are you sure?

I just read about the cops in Martinsville using their taser to subdue a ten year old acting up in day care. Some how I just can't break the connection I've made in my mind between this thread and that news article. They seem related some how in a "looking in to a slightly foggy crystal ball" kind of way.

Took me a while but I just got the "He" reference. No, I guess I'm not SURE, but I'm SURE not going to verify.

Also I really missed the detailed description in the paper on the brand of taser, carry mode, and degreed of color coordination. They should just keep this handy as a boiler plate "ad" to any police action report...

one thing I would like to know though...how come every time some one on this forum describes a situation they where involved in like this they always have to tell us what they where carrying and how they where carrying it, "I had my glock 92 with tactical plasma cutter and heat seeking rounds on my 16 o'clock in a baby monkey skin triple stitched holster and I was ready to draw down on the cross eyed little girl if need be! no way was I going to let her steal my paper clip!!!!"

I did have a sharp pencil in my Weldrite pocket protector at 11:00, when I read it.

Last edited:

fireball168

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Dec 16, 2008
    Clinton
    Cliff Notes Version

I have a Glock 19 w/night sights on my person, and tonight my weapon was on my right at the 3 o'clock with a Serpa Blackhawk holster.

Check

I asked "is there a problem maam?" politely.

She then proceeded to get into my face.

As soon as she saw my gun, she started calling me a "****ing punk".

Check

...I have my left arm out and my right hand by my pectoral muscle, ready to strike or draw if need be.

Check

For ~2 minutes I am holding my left hand out and backing up yelling "maintain your distance! Stay Back maam!"

Check

I unload, lock the slide, and secure the weapon in my front seat, then lock my vehicle. I then place my hands on the trunk of the closest vehicle.

Check

....the Sergeant proceeds to tell me how I am going to get myself killed if I continue to carry.

He said "one of these days you're going to come across someone who's going to either kick your @ss or you're going to get killed. I mean, I could kick your @ss."

Check

That may be the best piece of advice you've ever been given.

Tripp11

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Fishers, IN
    The moment the old crazy bag got to screaming and yelling would have been about the time I politely told the husband, "Come knock on my door when she's calmed down and I'll move my car" and then I would have turned around and walked inside.

Top Bottom