Not open for further replies.

Skywired

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Aug 14, 2010
    Cicero
    Lets make a deal....come on down.
    I love the responses to my NO trades adds with "I have a maverick 88" would you be interested in a trade.

I'll trade that Maverick 88 for my Raven .25ACP Chrome Pistol. Only scratched on one side. Plus some cash. Plus 100 mile delivery.
    I just wanna help ya out. :D

aclark

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Apr 22, 2009
    The 219
    OK then. I'm still interested in the deal and who it was with. I think those details could matter when it comes to your posts in this thread.

Not that it's any of your business but I traded with Cam. I traded my Glock plus one extra mag for an Aimpoint H-1. I didn't list it at $800 dollars though. I put out what I was looking for, and he felt that it was an even trade for him. We're both happy. I'm not saying these people selling $500 stripped lowers are wrong, nor are the people buying them. I just don't think it lends itself to the "spirit of INGO".

I was getting constantly bombarded by 50 post people looking for a cash price, even after I stated in big red letters that there was no cash price. Got low balled a few times, and all around it was massively annoying.

I however, played within the rules, and played nice with everyone. Would this deal have happened if the post count was higher? Who knows, however, not really a big deal since I didn't NEED to sell or trade, was just putting it out there.

So yes, I traded with a 50 poster....which is the rule right NOW.

msk

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 26, 2012
    Your arrogance is showing, sir. .. and you are being a jerk.
    YES it is our personal playground. A public forum doesn't mean it's not a well regulated forum..... and YES we can be elitist.
    The moderators are on it here and will definitely get your attention if you think that you can run rough shod over the community that has been established here.

Arrogance? No. Running rough shod? No. I simply disagreed with those who want to up the post limit for buy/sell. I have written all of my posts with all due respect. Forgive me but I think it is arrogant of you to think that this is your playground when the rest of us "newbies" have to put up with the hazing of the senior members. I have been open and honest. I offered to donate lumber to your meet and shoot. I was involved in a group buy with Jedi before the deal was canceled. I am not here to run up my post count. But forgive me for saying.... As senior members here I would think you would try to be a little more welcoming. If you choose to be elitist than bully for you pal. Enjoy.

jfisher

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 26, 2013
    I wish I could buy something forsale right now but it is impossible to reply. I understand upping the thread count to sell. But why cant new people or quite people buy anything?

Mackey

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    interwebs
    Arrogance? No. Running rough shod? No. I simply disagreed with those who want to up the post limit for buy/sell. I have written all of my posts with all due respect. Forgive me but I think it is arrogant of you to think that this is your playground when the rest of us "newbies" have to put up with the hazing of the senior members. I have been open and honest. I offered to donate lumber to your meet and shoot. I was involved in a group buy with Jedi before the deal was canceled. I am not here to run up my post count. But forgive me for saying.... As senior members here I would think you would try to be a little more welcoming. If you choose to be elitist than bully for you pal. Enjoy.

Wow.
    You're special. A keeper for sure.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    I wish I could buy something forsale right now but it is impossible to reply. I understand upping the thread count to sell. But why cant new people or quite people buy anything?

Because the classifieds are reserved for contributing members. Contribute to the site (either through participation or through a donation) and you're welcome to everything the site has to offer. This is exhaustively explained in the INGO FAQ.

msk

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 26, 2012
    Okay. Clearly the ingo classifieds are only for real members. Point taken. Mackey, you are awfully quick to judge.

Thunder219

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 10, 2010
    Just a thought but why not just turn that section off untill they have enough post ..I get so many pm's from people that have less than 50 post. I wouldn't mind except most of them it's an "i will take it" then you respond about 3 hours later and I get the " I found another one".

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    I am also in favor of further rules and requirements that don't affect me! Raise it up to 1,000 posts, I think. :D

Actually, my understanding has always been that INGO is a forum first, and a classifieds section last. If people feel so strongly that this is ruining INGO, or is causing some significant problem, then why not vote to close down the Classifieds for a month or so? Send the message that the Classifieds is simply an added feature of this site and not the main reason for its existence. The Classifieds seem to cause the Mods a lot of work, and generate a lot of complaints, so why not shut it down for a while and get this place back to being a forum. I do use the Classifieds, but I'd have no problem with it being gone a while.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Just a thought but why not just turn that section off untill they have enough post ..I get so many pm's from people that have less than 50 post. I wouldn't mind except most of them it's an "i will take it" then you respond about 3 hours later and I get the " I found another one".

Because the Classifieds attract a lot of new members. Then the 50-post rule encourages those members to experience the rest of what the site has to offer. We've had a lot of long-term members tell us that they came for the classifieds and never would have even known about the rest of the site if didn't have the rule. They would have done their deal and left forever. These are direct quotes:

Couple guys at work told me they had a decent classified section, far better than armslist at least. If they would have told me from the beginning that you have to have at least 50 posts, I probably would have never showed up. Glad I did though, INGO is addictive.
    I joined for the intent of using the classified section but because of the 50 post rule, I am much more informed about the gun that I actually want to buy (which is different than when I joined), my 2nd amendment rights, holster options, and more. I for one am thankful for the 50 post rule. :ingo:
    I am still working on my 50 posts. Actually kind of glad that it's set up this way. If not I would not have started reading all of the posts I have and would not have found out how much info is on this site. It's been great reading some of the other members stories, tips, and legal info. Stick around and keep reading. Promise you won't be sorry....I know I'm not.
    not gonna lie i came for the classifieds and have stayed around much longer for TONS of helpful info. :ingo:

adws943

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 15, 2013
    I understand the vets wanting to maintain this site's reputation but as a new member who does not want to make senseless rambling posts to reach 50 so I can communicate on the classifieds. If it goes up to 100 I will just stop being a member. I have missed out on some good deals because of my amatuer status. If you want to grow your site with new members that may not be the best route to take.
    Just my opinion and I mean no offense. All the other sections have been informative. Especailly for folks new to the gun world. This has been a valauble tool for me and I agree with the principles of the fifty post rule but 100 posts seem a bit extreme.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    I understand the vets wanting to maintain this site's reputation but as a new member who does not want to make senseless rambling posts to reach 50 so I can communicate on the classifieds. If it goes up to 100 I will just stop being a member. I have missed out on some good deals because of my amatuer status. If you want to grow your site with new members that may not be the best route to take.
    Just my opinion and I mean no offense.

Instead of making senseless, rambling posts, why not just participate? Or, if you just can't wait and you can't be bothered to be a part of the community, you can become a site supporter and access the classifieds right now. It's not like there are insurmountable obstacles in your way. They're very tiny little bumps. Too many people making mountains out of molehills.

LEaSH

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I know that this site is a lot better than most. When people I see desperate to deal in the classifieds - just put them on ignore. They'll go away eventually if enough users refuse to deal.

If I miss out on selling something, it's my own fault, I can deal with that. Boo Hoo.

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    Just my opinion and I mean no offense. All the other sections have been informative. Especailly for folks new to the gun world. This has been a valauble tool for me and I agree with the principles of the fifty post rule but 100 posts seem a bit extreme.

I have at least 50 quality post, maybe. I still become a site supporter every year anyway. It cost money to run a good forum so I do my part to help. INGO is my Facebook. :ingo:

hfdcowboy

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Oct 21, 2012
    Brownsburg
    Wow, I am new to this site, but not new to firearms. I was on the highroad for awhile i came here hoping the local group might be more friendly. I have noticed 'all though i have not been on the receiving end yet' there are some people on here just waiting for someone to step out of line so they can flame them. You guys as a whole seem like a more welcoming bunch.

But imho if it causes this much problem why not just get rid of the classifieds or just have a WTB section.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom