Not open for further replies.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I understand the vets wanting to maintain this site's reputation but as a new member who does not want to make senseless rambling posts to reach 50 so I can communicate on the classifieds. If it goes up to 100 I will just stop being a member. I have missed out on some good deals because of my amatuer status. If you want to grow your site with new members that may not be the best route to take.
    Just my opinion and I mean no offense. All the other sections have been informative. Especailly for folks new to the gun world. This has been a valauble tool for me and I agree with the principles of the fifty post rule but 100 posts seem a bit extreme.

You answered yourself. Yes, growth is good but as a forum it is not wise to just open the flood gates to the entire world with no restraints.
    Again, do not jump on board just to buy/sell guns. Pretty simple.
    Stick around and enjoy.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Wow, I am new to this site, but not new to firearms. I was on the highroad for awhile i came here hoping the local group might be more friendly. I have noticed 'all though i have not been on the receiving end yet' there are some people on here just waiting for someone to step out of line so they can flame them. You guys as a whole seem like a more welcoming bunch.

But imho if it causes this much problem why not just get rid of the classifieds or just have a WTB section.

Put some skin in the game....Welcome.

Skywired

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Aug 14, 2010
    Cicero
    I understand the vets wanting to maintain this site's reputation but as a new member who does not want to make senseless rambling posts to reach 50 so I can communicate on the classifieds. If it goes up to 100 I will just stop being a member. I have missed out on some good deals because of my amatuer status. If you want to grow your site with new members that may not be the best route to take.
    Just my opinion and I mean no offense. All the other sections have been informative. Especially for folks new to the gun world. This has been a valuable tool for me and I agree with the principles of the fifty post rule but 100 posts seem a bit extreme.

OK, Then STOP being a member! This is not the only place to buy/sell a gun! There are many other forums that SPECIALIZE in the buy/sell of firearms. That is NOT what we do. It is NOT who we are. If that is why you are here: YOU ARE IN THE WRONG PLACE.

It makes no difference if you have 50 posts, or 500 posts: if you are here for the Classifieds.... YOU ARE IN THE WRONG PLACE. You, We, All of Us, will be better served if you just move along. Don't try to change us. Don't try to warp our system to your needs, don't try to modify our culture.

Our Rules, our FAQ'S....are prominently displayed. Look at our Home Page: Classifieds is a small section of Who We Are/What We Offer. My tone may be blunt. Some may color it as rude. It is what it is. All I know, is that better/nicer people than me have NICELY/DIPLOMATICALLY tried to explain the INGO Classifieds with limited success.

Maybe now we can put this puppy to bed. Go :ingo:

Mackey

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    interwebs
    +1 to Skywired above!

Okay. Clearly the ingo classifieds are only for real members. Point taken. Mackey, you are awfully quick to judge.

Just relax man.
    Just trying to help toughen your hide so that you'll be able to stay here as a "real member."

Many new members just don't get it. They think the primary purpose of this forum is to sell and trade guns.
    It's not.

The purpose is to have fun, learn and get into shoving matches.

concrete dog

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 19, 2008
    Goshen
    OK, Then STOP being a member! This is not the only place to buy/sell a gun! There are many other forums that SPECIALIZE in the buy/sell of firearms. That is NOT what we do. It is NOT who we are. If that is why you are here: YOU ARE IN THE WRONG PLACE.

It makes no difference if you have 50 posts, or 500 posts: if you are here for the Classifieds.... YOU ARE IN THE WRONG PLACE. You, We, All of Us, will be better served if you just move along. Don't try to change us. Don't try to warp our system to your needs, don't try to modify our culture.

Our Rules, our FAQ'S....are prominently displayed. Look at our Home Page: Classifieds is a small section of Who We Are/What We Offer. My tone may be blunt. Some may color it as rude. It is what it is. All I know, is that better/nicer people than me have NICELY/DIPLOMATICALLY tried to explain the INGO Classifieds with limited success.

Maybe now we can put this puppy to bed. Go :ingo:
    Skywired I don't think it is rude. It is clear and to the point. Like I said if you come here and DON"T READ the FAQ'S/:rules: post, and :tantrum: about the rules then your going to catch a little:poop: . Just go by the rules and enjoy the Forum.:cheers:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    It is a liberal mindset to come onto someone's playground and try to change the rules to your liking.
    Yes, change occurs with the blending of so many involved minds but to jump in as so many have recently and push to make changes then resistance will be met.
    I for 1 do not like what has happened in the classifieds but nothing I can do but hope it gets back to the swap meet it used to be. It was fun to participate.
    I have experienced this same thing with Harley's, muscle cars ETC. I did not enjoy it with those things either. Non-participant's jumping into an area to make a buck ruins things for those who are true hobbiest's. I know, capitalism at it's finest. It is the culture etc.
    I think these guy's were called carpet baggers at one point in time.

Skywired....good post

+1 to you.

LEaSH

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Indianapolis
    And please tell me what is wrong with a Maverick 88?

Nothing is wrong with a Maverick 88.

They are inexpensive by anyone's standards. And the commenter stated he listed no trades in his ad. But the offerer contacted him anyway with one of the least valuable shotguns commonly available.

Do you understand now?

parkerj112

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 96.8%
    30   1   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    Southern Indiana
    Carpet baggers

They were called carpet baggers. The people left the north to head to the south to scam and swindle everyone they could (after the abolishment of slavery). They were so intent on doing this that they would leave home with nothing but a carpet bag (cheap luggage bag) on their backs.

Useless info but maybe pertinent to the current climate.

Parker

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom