• Status
    Not open for further replies.

CSK22

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 5, 2009
    Stoplight City
    i for one am all for 100 post minimum ,..... and hell take it one step farther , wipe the slate clean with everyone (reduce to 0) and no rep-building ...
    ....coming off too strong ?

I'm not opposed to this.

Lets do something, would love to see this website here in the future with the same great people who contribute daily.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I look in the classifieds and see it littered with a lot of highly overpriced pieces. Folks wanting you to do all the driving and the WTT items are a joke. Not all but you all know the ones.
    I have bought 3 guns since the madness and all were from a LGS as the prices were correct and they were new, non-molested guns. They were all bargains compared to the some of the beaters in the classifieds. Again, not all but far to many.
    The 55 post folks are screwing things up. JMHO

Edit...I really love the RIA for $550. Can buy it new in the box for much less. Just stupid fellas....really.

Last edited:

dunk50

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 1, 2012
    South Bend
    Well I am going to probably **** a lot of you guys off but I think you need to take a step back or get a life. EVERYONE can't live on this forum. 50 informative post is actually quite a lot if you have a life. I for one spend a lot of time on FORUMS (plural)! this one already has an aggressive moderating staff and several old time posters are less than friendly to rookies or at best are intolerant. Eventually many guys will end up coming around to check in but not feel at home and move on. Personally I try to get along with everyone but some of you guys remind me of the government. MORE RULES AND WE KNOW BETTER THAT THE PIONS. Just sayin!! I will wait and see if you prove my point! JMHO

Military at 17, 7th SFG Ft. Bragg, 10th SFG Bad Tolz, 5th SFG Nam, 34 Years South Bend Police and retired. Should be fishin but I'm on here!

Last edited:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Well I am going to probably **** a lot of you guys off but I think you need to take a step back or get a life. EVERYONE can't live on this forum. 50 informative post is actually quite a lot if you have a life. I for one spend a lot of time on FORUMS (plural)! this one already has an aggressive moderating staff and several old time posters are less than friendly to rookies or at best are intolerant. Eventually many guys will end up coming around to check in but not feel at home and move on. Personally I try to get along with everyone but some of you guys remind me of the government. MORE RULES AND WE KNOW BETTER THAT THE PIONS. Just sayin!! I will wait and see if you prove my point! JMHO

Military at 17, 7th SFG Ft. Bragg, 10th SFG Bad Tolz, 5th SFG Nam, 34 Years South Bend Police and retired. Should be fishin but I'm on here!

Well if you want to fish at night in the winter then you will fit right in.
    If you read the thread you will see we are not liking what has happened in a well monitored and pretty passive forum. It worked really well. If you were around in November of 12 you would realize what we are talking about. There has been a flood off folks trying to make a buck from a well established classifieds section.
    Stick around and see how it works before you spout off about something you do not yet have knowledge of.
    Yes, there is some hazing but if what you say is true about your history this is a walk in the park. JMHO

Edit...apology's...Thank you for your service sir.

Last edited:

CSK22

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 5, 2009
    Stoplight City

1st of all, thank you for your service.

I work 70 hours a week. I have a life. That's why in 4 years I have 1,500 posts. 2 a day on average. Most days 0, my day off 14.

This isn't about post quantity, its quality. I have no issues with someone with 50 posts commenting on an article or sharing their knowledge. We all have something to learn.

I have an issue with someone with 50 posts selling a glock for 550 bucks. I don't need to pay someones personal margin. If I want to support someone I'll chose a LGS. Why would I pay NEW prices for a USED gun?

The issue is those of us who contribute to the website(monetarily, and/or with information) don't want to see it destroyed and turned into hoosier topics. Its that simple really. Put something in and you will get something nout :yesway:

So my question for you is, why are you so defensive? Are you only here to use the classifieds or did you misunderstand this thread? It wasn't meant to attack anyone doing anything right. :dunno:

dunk50

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 1, 2012
    South Bend
    CSK, nope I am not here for classifieds at all. I have enough LGS's and connections to get about what I need. As for selling, don't do much of that. I'll just kick back a while and maybe get a little more informed. I am by no means defensive or do I want to be combative. I, being retired actually spend a lot of time, daily on the gun forums. I just read and feel that there are a lot of attitudes around here. I won't push it anymore until I have something concrete to say. Good night and be safe!!

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    CSK, nope I am not here for classifieds at all. I have enough LGS's and connections to get about what I need. As for selling, don't do much of that. I'll just kick back a while and maybe get a little more informed. I am by no means defensive or do I want to be combative. I, being retired actually spend a lot of time, daily on the gun forums. I just read and feel that there are a lot of attitudes around here. I won't push it anymore until I have something concrete to say. Good night and be safe!!

We are very protective of what we have in this forum. I have ventured out into the big world on other sites and feel most comfortable here. It is to be expected when the inrush of new members jump in to take advantage of the classifieds. I did not join for that reason but have used them a lot and am better for the experience. The relationships gained from it are priceless. I/we have made good connections from this place and maybe we are leery of change. Everyone gets Vetted......everyone.

Stschil

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    At the edge of sanit
    We are very protective of what we have in this forum. I have ventured out into the big world on other sites and feel most comfortable here. It is to be expected when the inrush of new members jump in to take advantage of the classifieds. I did not join for that reason but have used them a lot and am better for the experience. The relationships gained from it are priceless. I/we have made good connections from this place and maybe we are leery of change. Everyone gets Vetted......everyone.

So you're saying we should make this site mandatory for all prospective elected and appointed government officials? :D

(I think we'd do a better job of it, actually)

Jarhead77

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 23, 2012
    Noblesville

And I, for one, am glad. I will say this though, there are some ornery trolls on this site with over 1000 posts who must not have been Vetted! (Insert purple if the shoe fits and it makes you feel better about yourselves)

I don't mind the minimum post folks in the classifieds, but those who don't properly close them when an item is sold/traded, or get rude with someone asking an innocent question about their posted item kinda makes this old Jarhead's blood boil.

THard6

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   1
    Apr 1, 2010
    Greenwood

get your priorities in line... don't INGO is FORUMS. there is no need for any other! :D
    no one is pulling the back of your jeans to stay. go get a line wet..

BGDave

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    207   0   0
    Sep 15, 2011
    Beech Grove
    Rule 7 classifieds

How many overpriced ads can I publicly insult before the ban hammer comes down ?

( hypothetically ) ..;)

:popcorn:
    One? Really gets my goat. I'm capable of ignoring crazy priced items without much help. In addition to upping post count how about an appointed price policeman? That would help everyone get through the ads much quicker.

Joq867

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 13, 2013
    Brooksville
    How about better descriptions about what you are selling, I am tired of having to google some Ruger or Sig alphabet soup and then just wonder what caliber it is. And look at my post count, low, but if upping it would help get some of the crap out of the classifieds I'm all for it. Just think twice about passing more rules, isn't that what we hate about gun control, more rules that won't solve the problem.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    So you're saying we should make this site mandatory for all prospective elected and appointed government officials? :D

(I think we'd do a better job of it, actually)

That is a thought.
    I see what you did there....:):

Been here a bit north of a year and am better for the experiences/people I have encountered. Breaking bread with a member rolling south for a re-loading class today and will enjoy the company/conversation I am sure. Never FTF before but everyone I have met and spent any time with have been worth the effort/time spent.
    I would hate to see this set back from a new wave of profiteering trolls.
    Agreed....many with high post count that love to poke the poop pile but hey, we all do not see life through the same eyes.

jakeep

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 12, 2012
    Plainfield
    I think it should be 5000 posts! Lot of the people in here make anyone new feel completely unwelcome and come off as a big asshat :)

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I think it should be 5000 posts! Lot of the people in here make anyone new feel completely unwelcome and come off as a big asshat :)

Hazing...vetting...call it what you will. I went through it and survived. If you have something to offer it will be openly accepted. Here as in life you will always have a few that poke your pile.
    Still working on the 50 "Quality" posts myself.

atvdave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 23, 2012
    SW Indiana
    I think it's time to up the minimum post count for the classifieds, as well as don't let people buy their way in. We have a great community, and all these people with 50-55 posts making WTS ads with items 5x market value is making the community look like a bunch of greedy ass-hats. I understand there is a lot of panic buying going on, and I know that if someone is willing to pay, then hell, sell it to the dumb bastard, but people rely on INGO not only for accurate information on firearms, but for good deals, accurate market pricing, and a great community.

Get rid of the greedy rift raft trying to make a quick buck, and bring INGO back to the community it was.

Come on $1k Colt lower, $500 stripped lowers, $800 Glocks and Sub 2ks...is this really the perception you want of INGO? No reason it shouldn't be 100-200 posts. That's what maybe a week or two of posting? If they need a quick buck or want to price gouge they can go to gunbroker, armslist, hoosier topics, or a number of other places to do that.

So what about the people who have well over a 1000 post's and have been members for 2+ years selling the junk for 5x the market value? It's not JUST the new members...

concrete dog

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 19, 2008
    Goshen

I have been here for sometime now,and INGO has changed. It has had both good and bad changes. Some times the Mods have to be tough with the job they do. Do I think the prices of the noobs/seasoned members(over priced) are crazy yes, do I think the post count should go up:dunno:, not my call. As far as other sites(forums) I have been apart of... INGO's is by far the best for many of reasons. Some say others are better than others, but truth be told...You are treated with the same respect you give others. If You come to INGO and DON"T read the FAQS(yes INGOs has a FAQS section) then ***** and moan about something you don't like...well you deserve to get :flamethrower:. Just my :twocents: Have a good day!

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jojo99
    Top Bottom