• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BigBoxaJunk

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 9, 2013
    East-ish
    Wait. Is there a certificate? I didn't get my certificate.

It comes with the 50 quality posts plaque.

It's printed on pink paper, you cut it out, make 100 copies, then get one (not the original) laminated and keep it in your......wallet.

[Hope I'm not being pretentious putting the "W" word in one of my posts, not sure if I've earned it yet.]

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    That's why I wonder if it is a real rule. Indiana has different customers than Ohio, where they are originally from. They should err on the side of not offending the customer.

Maybe they need to hear from us.

Damn. Lost my decoder ring......

It's printed on pink paper, you cut it out, make 100 copies, then get one (not the original) laminated and keep it in your......wallet.

[Hope I'm not being pretentious putting the "W" word in one of my posts, not sure if I've earned it yet.]
    50 quality posts. That explains it. I love hink I've had one. 49 to go.

Thegeek

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Indianapolis
    I would not. I would go elsewhere, though I may ask to speak with the manager first, to explain why I've decided not to do business there.

(This is all hypothetical; I have no NFA items. Though, being able to use a suppressor at the range would be awfully nice. My ears are bad enough as it is.)
    My question then is why not just show them?

Thegeek

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Indianapolis
    https://www.atf.gov/firearms/qa/does-possessor-nfa-firearm-have-show-proof-registration

It does not say that only an ATF agent can view the papers. It says that they must only be made available to an ATF agent.
    Not quite. It clearly binds you legally to show any ATF agent. But it does not provide any insulation from another body requiring you to show it. For instance, if you're on private land and the ISP comes up and asks to see it, you probably should. Suspicion of illegal possession of a regulated item.

LPMan59

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2009
    South of Heaven
    Yes, seriously. WTF is your problem?

Simmer down, Francis.

not of all us like the idea of having to produce papers to any Joe blow. I'm not showing you or some fudd range officer any of my tax paperwork because it will hurt your feelz.

if you're not doing anything wrong, then you have nothing to hide. Amirite?

VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    Not quite. It clearly binds you legally to show any ATF agent. But it does not provide any insulation from another body requiring you to show it. For instance, if you're on private land and the ISP comes up and asks to see it, you probably should. Suspicion of illegal possession of a regulated item.

That's exactly how I understand it. I must make it available to ATF peeps only. It doesn't have to shield me from anyone else. If the document in question here was, say, my LTCH, I wouldn't be showing that either. It's nobody's business. I don't need the government to shield me from anything, I regularly wear my big boy panties.

And if I was shooting on private property and a PoPo came up with some BS suspicion of illegal activity ruse, I'd tell him to pound all the sand.

igotdiesel2

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 16, 2009
    Southport area of In
    I really like PB. Mostly because it is only 10 or 15 minuets from my house. Are they a Class III dealer? If they are not is this the reason you need to have your tax stamp? Because they aren't allowed to have them on their property because they aren't allowed to sell them. I would think in the world we live in today that ATF would find any reason to shut down a FFL. You know, they sell guns. If that is the reason, I understand why they must ask you for the proof. Take for instance, USDS IS a Class III dealer, if I took my can in there and ATF showed up, would they be in the clear if I didn't have a stamp?

All questions above are because I have no idea what the law is pertaining to NFA stuff. -Jason

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    If they asked to see my bank statement, and last 3 paychecks, it would be easier to show it to them.
    But, it's not any of their business. So I wouldn't.

For me to drive my car past the gate at work, I would have to get a "drive in pass". In order to get one, I would have to provide them with my driver's license, registration, and insurance card.
    Since, I think that is none of their business, I do not provide it. I'd rather walk the 1/2 mile in and out of the gate than provide it.

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    Because an NFA item in on a place's property does not make it theirs in any way. The item belongs to the transferee on the form 4.

Point Blank didn't pay the tax on the item, VUPD did

I shot at some outdoor range in Fort Wayne this past year with a friend. Before hand I called to see if they allowed NFA items. Their response was great, they encouraged it cause I guess they don't see too many of them. At no time was I asked to present my stamp

Top Bottom