Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

Fizzerpilot

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2016
    Avon
    No, the media did not identify the wrong David Dao as United's passenger - LA Times

Looks like there was not a mistaken identity among Dr. Dao of KY and of LA. The criminal history, etc. it accurate.

As for all the calls of the stock plummeting and shareholders bailing...has anyone actually watched the stock? It's still $0.08 HIGHER than it was a month ago.

This is like the "outrage" on the plane... they were so outraged, that they all held on tightly to their own seats, while all this went down. Humans are funny creatures. They care just enough to video tape it, and blow up social media... but where the rubber hits the road, it's their own selfish desires that dictate their ultimate action.

Folks are on Expedia right now, booking flights on UAL, because their disgust isn't worth an extra $50 to ride on another carrier. Lol

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    This is like the "outrage" on the plane... they were so outraged, that they all held on tightly to their own seats, while all this went down. Humans are funny creatures. They care just enough to video tape it, and blow up social media... but where the rubber hits the road, it's their own selfish desires that dictate their ultimate action.

Folks are on Expedia right now, booking flights on UAL, because their disgust isn't worth an extra $50 to ride on another carrier. Lol

Yep. Humans are self-interested, which makes behavior kinda predictable.

Last edited:

Fizzerpilot

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2016
    Avon
    I personally only fly my family on Delta. They are on time/completion factor Nazis, which I can appreciate. They also give me free WiFi, so does AA... Delta has better snacks, and free drinks for Economy Comfort.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Ah, I misunderstood. In that case I agree with you.

I probably worded it poorly.

Essentially, FP is giving us info we would not normally have access to and was getting pooped on for it. That only discourages people from sharing what they know. If the info is accurate or credible is a different matter.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I'd be happy if passengers thought this through and didn't go nuts. I don't know what policy would prevent the need for a passenger to EVER be asked to leave the plane. I was on a flight 3 months ago that was over weight. 2 people had to get off and 2 people volunteered. What if they hadn't? What should the policy be?

I probably worded it poorly.

Essentially, FP is giving us info we would not normally have access to and was getting pooped on for it. That only discourages people from sharing what they know. If the info is accurate or credible is a different matter.

Yeah. At this point it's still information. Not fact yet. Just more information to consider.

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011

That'll solve the problem. Until 2 passengers who give up their seat are yacking in the terminal.

One will say, I can't believe they gave me $1750 to give up my seat.

The other will laugh, $1750? They gave me $2500.:laugh:

When the one who got $1750 turns out to be a social justice warrior, or member of a "protected" class, the :poop: will hit the fan.:rolleyes:

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    That'll solve the problem. Until 2 passengers who give up their seat are yacking in the terminal.

When the one who got $1750 turns out to be a social justice warrior, or member of a "protected" class, the :poop: will hit the fan.:rolleyes:

Shouldn't cause any more problems than one new employee negotiating a better salary than another

KMaC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 4, 2016
    Indianapolis
    Removing the cap will delay flights longer. People will not agree to any price because they think there is always more money. When the airlines quits offering and announces the seat number(s) that must give up their seat then those interested in the last offer will ask if they can still get the money. People are a pain to deal with, especially when locked in a metal tube together.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

that's kinda how it was in this case. "He was picked because he's Asian! And then beaten by racist cops!"

Libertarian01

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    I heard on the radio that this video has gone viral in China, where United is/was(?) trying to expand. There were 120,000,000 views of this, and they are NOT happy.:xmad:

So if just 10% of the viewers who watched the video fly that is 12,000,000 people. If just 10% of them refuses to fly United for ONE FLIGHT ONLY that is 1,200,000 seats of potential revenue down the drain.

Of course, sometimes we don't realize what the lesser of two (2) evils is when we're standing in the middle of the situation.

This also does not address how belligerent/defensive/hostile passengers will be in the future when the airlines wishes to "involuntarily deboard" the next passenger. It's called blowback friends, and it does happen.

Regards,

Doug

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    ...the guy wasn't Chinese...
    TWSS

Another observation: interesting that some people think that once they get to a place and stake out territory and feel settled in, they should be allowed to stay, even if they didn't have the actual legal right to be there.

Forcibly deporting dude from the plane, where he was not allowed to be, seems like it would be an INGO-friendly position. :)

Top Bottom