• ...and so much more!
  • churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    So according to this internal incident report which is never released (except you just did):

1. he deplanes voluntarily and unbloodied
    2. he goes berserk in the terminal
    3. he runs back onto the plane past the ticket agent
    4. he then takes his seat back and the police materialize and order him off the plane
    5. he calls his lawyer, no longer berserk, and calmly refuses to get off the plane Daily Wire
    6. the police drag him out of his seat and he strikes his head
    7. the passengers then video him being dragged out of the cabin like a sack of potatoes, bloodied
    8. the passengers criticize the police for their actions
    9. he then runs back on the plane a SECOND time, now bloodied, and hangs onto the curtain divider
    10. he is removed again (no video, but presumably UA managed this as their employee reportedly boarded and took the still-warm seat)
    11. the CEO of United accuses him of being belligerent
    12. the dirt comes out on the doctor's history, but may be the wrong guy
    13. despite the corporate push-back, UA loses the PR battle du jour
    14. the CEO of United apologizes, abandoning the narrative he was pushing previously

The 'report' you cited only has him coming back on the plane once, but passenger videos clearly show him running back onto the plane, bloodied. That makes two times he gets past the UA agents.

But in all of this he did return to the plane.

SMiller

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 15, 2009
    Hamilton Co.
    Have you paid any attention to the thread. It has been pretty much outlined as to why he was tuned up.

Let me ask you what your reaction would be to his spitting and swinging at you if you were in this position. Just curious as I know what mine would be.
    Not knocking your comments just looking for perspective.

Show me this taking place, fizzerpilot has zero creditable here.

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    PR-WLAF
    But in all of this he did return to the plane.

True that. But if he returned prior to the police being called, it appears he then returned a second time, after he was forcibly re-accommodated.

And I'm curious about the dirt that turned up on the doctor. Where and who did that come from?

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Typically we inform the gate agent of the restriction we calculate, prior to boarding. However, if we are stuck on the gate waiting for late bags, and the temp increases by 2C, that may be another passenger that has to be then REMOVED.

Sometimes the weight penalty is small enough that we will taxi with both engines and APU running, and burn off "extra" fuel to accommodate. However, you are also betting that during taxi, the temp won't increase again.

That's the scariest thing in the thread so far. Go ahead and chuck some fatties, I want the plane to fly like the plane is supposed to fly.

And, for what it's worth, I'm inclined to believe the information you posted. I know it doesn't mean the INGO standard of evidence, but being privy to confidential information and then seeing what is in the public realm...I believe you. It's also why I'm seldom tempted to put facts into the public domain. Media can't be trusted...show me the media report confirming what you say...:dunno:

SMiller

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 15, 2009
    Hamilton Co.
    So in your mind the LEO's just did all this on a whim.
    Again, perspective.

I think they forcefully removed him, they ran into a problem when he got face checked on the armrest, **** happens, the media ran with it, news has been slow lately, fact is the liberal news and the public decide the outcome, between the shareholders dumping the stocks, the big money the airline will pay to make this go away, and the money they will loose as everyone goes out of their way to avoid the airline. When it is all said and done the airline looses no matter how they play it. It's called PR.

Libertarian01

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Here are some links with firsthand, witness accounts.

Passenger dragged off overbook United flight - CNN.com
    https://www.usatoday.com/story/news...ard-united-flight-removed-students/100327772/
    ?Just kill me?: Bloodied United Airlines passenger begs to go home in disturbing new video ? Crime Online

These seem to contradict the premise that the passenger willingly got off of the plane at any time during the... event.

In none of these news articles is there any mention, anywhere, of the passenger "...going berserk..." or "...running back on the plane..."

Perhaps the media is all using the same sources and therefore we aren't seeing the whole picture. I would think, however, that some media somewhere would also LOVE to scoop everyone by getting dirty info on the passengers actions regarding the event.

Therefore, I would respectfully question the information provided that suggests such occurred without verifiable sources.

Oh, and here is an opinion piece from my favorite economist. (Yes, I have a favorite economist.:))

https://www.city-journal.org/html/may-i-drag-you-your-seat-15114.html

Regards,

Doug

Fargo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    In a state of acute Pork-i-docis
    That's the scariest thing in the thread so far. Go ahead and chuck some fatties, I want the plane to fly like the plane is supposed to fly.

And, for what it's worth, I'm inclined to believe the information you posted. I know it doesn't mean the INGO standard of evidence, but being privy to confidential information and then seeing what is in the public realm...I believe you. It's also why I'm seldom tempted to put facts into the public domain. Media can't be trusted...show me the media report confirming what you say...:dunno:
    A major felony detective is inclined to believe anonymous report from an unverified source with no corroboration provided by an interested party? You and I both know that the reason you don't put privileged internal documents into the public domain is because if you can't be trusted there is no point in him employing you in a position of trust.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    A major felony detective is inclined to believe anonymous report from an unverified source with no corroboration provided by an interested party? You and I both know that the reason you don't put privileged internal documents into the public domain is because if you can't be trusted there is no point in him employing you in a position of trust.

I'm inclined to believe that's what was circulated to Fizzerpilot, vs him simply making it up. If it's accurate or not, no idea.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Seems United has been doing a smear campaign, and the Dr. they kicked the dookey out of isn't the drug dealing homo they said he is. Apparently United has mistaken his identity...all those Asian names look the same.

This story just keeps getting better. Now that United is the most hated company on the planet, I have to wonder what the CEO of Comcast will do to regain the top spot.
    They already beat the crap out of me with their monthly billing statement. :):

avboiler11

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 12, 2011
    New Albany
    INGO can choose to believe what the airline pilots on this board say, or not...that's fine.

We can often give you tidbits of internal comms, but to post the entire thing would be grounds for discipline including termination. There's also an issue about SSI and FOM/GOM verbiage that doesn't typically get to the public that restricts the burden of proof the internet requires.

There's a reason why 99% of airline employees say this could have been handled MUCH better but aren't blaming United as much as airport police - the people who actually physically removed the passenger from the aircraft.

It is entirely likely United will settle any claim for a handsome sum so as to avoid a public trial, but like most any public trial...discovery can be a B for all involved parties.

<shrug>

Fizzerpilot

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2016
    Avon
    UAL is my least favorite airline... it was once US Airways, but since their merger, AA hasn't been bad at all to work with.

I have a feeling that all coverage of this incident is about to go dark. And moving forward, I hope there are better options for achieving the same goal. Passengers will be denied boarding for various reasons, and some will still be removed, for others. I am inclined to believe that the frequency of "hell no we won't go", is about to increase.

Here is a tip. If you board an aircraft, that is full... and you find an issue with your seat back, or arm rest... best to keep it to yourself ;)

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    17834065_1145944358861075_9149094074807540935_o.jpg

Top Bottom