• Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Who wins between Lesnar and Carwin on July 3rd?

• Total voters
    • Poll closed .

Tactical Dave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    Plainfield
    ya but like him or not its impossible to ignore the god given athleticisum (spelling?) he has. plus he made it to the top of the top mma company in about 2-3 years after he started training. noone has ever done that to my knowlege. imagine if he had trained mma from a young age like some of the fighters we are seeing now

Or thing of what he can do if he trained full time even now.

From the comments he has made I don't think he will be fighting for a long time. I think this is more or less a hobby for him right now........ it amazes me that people traing near full time for most of their life and still don't get to the level that he is at in a few years at part time.

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    I like Couture's comment about Lesnar's punches when he said "It was like dodging canned hams."

I am excited about this fight and want to see somebody actually rock Lesnar but I still think Brock wins by take down and GnP. Also, I really like Cain Velasquez but I think he is to small for either of these beasts. A good fight to me would be Cain vs Cro Cop.

Cain V. will be the reigning UFC HW champ in the very near future. Mark my words; he can and will put either Brock or Shane on their back and keep them there.

He has THE best gas tank in MMA, the best wrestling in the HW division and is a better boxer(think speed and head movement) than either Carwin or Lesnar.

ihateiraq

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Upinya
    shane_carwin.jpg
    this picture looks photoshopped. the mans a mutant. hes like michael phelps, but for fighting.

Tactical Dave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    Plainfield
    Cain V. will be the reigning UFC HW champ in the very near future. Mark my words; he can and will put either Brock or Shane on their back and keep them there.

He has THE best gas tank in MMA, the best wrestling in the HW division and is a better boxer(think speed and head movement) than either Carwin or Lesnar.

He has the tank yes, has pretty much every thing else..... as long as he can avoid say brock pining him against the cage on the ground or avoid Brocks or Shane's fists he has a chance but I feel that everyone has a chance.......

I think Cain would have problems keeping them on their back though..... that is a lot of size and power to hold down.

I think tanks are sometimes over rated....... you can last 10 rounds straight but if you are fighting a guy like say Shane who has a total in cage fight time of like 12 minutes chances are good that the fight will not last for long and fighting say Shane or Brock I don't think you will be able to pull a Randy and pin them against the cage and wear them out. Randy was able to do it for a little while but that was about it.

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    this picture looks photoshopped. the mans a mutant. hes like michael phelps, but for fighting.

LOL. The picture almost does look shopped. Carwin is a freak, but this is the Michael ***cough, Jordan, cough*** Phelps of fighting(MMA).

GeorgesStPierre-15.jpg

He has the tank yes, has pretty much every thing else..... as long as he can avoid say brock pining him against the cage on the ground or avoid Brocks or Shane's fists he has a chance but I feel that everyone has a chance.......

I think Cain would have problems keeping them on their back though..... that is a lot of size and power to hold down.

Old man Couture pinned Brock against the cage and also put him on his back...I don't see that being an issue.

I think tanks are sometimes over rated....... you can last 10 rounds straight but if you are fighting a guy like say Shane who has a total in cage fight time of like 12 minutes chances are good that the fight will not last for long and fighting say Shane or Brock I don't think you will be able to pull a Randy and pin them against the cage and wear them out. Randy was able to do it for a little while but that was about it.

Tanks aren't overrated in this case. Let me explain...

Cain recently fought Cheick Kongo, an amazing striker(just no ground game). Every single round, Cheick hit Cain with a shot that would have put most HWs out, but his ability to recover from devastating strikes made him be able to execute a TD and that's where he's a beast.

Even if Shane or Brock are able to rock Cain, if he can recover each time, they are going to get tired. Hell, Shane hasn't been to the second round yet...With that much muscle mass, do you think he could last even 3 rounds, let alone a 5 round title fight? The same goes for Brock, even though he did have one lopsided 3 round decision against Gatekeeper Herring.

ihateiraq

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Upinya
    LOL. The picture almost does look shopped. Carwin is a freak, but this is the Michael ***cough, Jordan, cough*** Phelps of fighting(MMA).

GeorgesStPierre-15.jpg
    another true badass to be sure, but i was talking about phelps' build. i remember during the olympics they were talking about how his body is literally mutated to swim extremely well.

Tactical Dave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    Plainfield

GeorgesStPierre-15.jpg

Old man Couture pinned Brock against the cage and also put him on his back...I don't see that being an issue.

Tanks aren't overrated in this case. Let me explain...

Cain recently fought Cheick Kongo, an amazing striker(just no ground game). Every single round, Cheick hit Cain with a shot that would have put most HWs out, but his ability to recover from devastating strikes made him be able to execute a TD and that's where he's a beast.

Even if Shane or Brock are able to rock Cain, if he can recover each time, they are going to get tired. Hell, Shane hasn't been to the second round yet...With that much muscle mass, do you think he could last even 3 rounds, let alone a 5 round title fight? The same goes for Brock, even though he did have one lopsided 3 rd decision against Gatekeeper Herring.

Couture has also openly said that the Brock of today is nothing like the Brock of when he faught him. Said that if he faught him again he would have serious problems...... and Randy held his own for a while when he fought him.

Im not really a fan of Kongo..... he seems to just get knocked around these day's...... he is a great striker but to me getting hit by him is like getting hit by a heavy weight..... getting hit by Shane or Brock is like getting hit by a freight train.

Shane trains in Denver, looks pretty lean. I think he would do far better going all 5 rounds then Brock. I have allways felt that bock clould leand down and muscle up a bit. I think either would last longer then pretty much all of the other super heavy weights.

Cain can take a hit though thats for sure......... if I remember right he was the one that got run over by a bus?

Id have no problem having Fedor as my body guard either haha. He is getting towards the end of his career but still a bad dude...... Cro Cop would be a good one also.

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    another true badass to be sure, but i was talking about phelps' build. i remember during the olympics they were talking about how his body is literally mutated to swim extremely well.

I honestly thought that was your intent at first, but didn't know how much you watch MMA.

Now that I know, I completely agree. If you see one of my posts earlier, I mention his money arms and how he could scratch his feet while standing straight...Reach is sort of important when you're a guy like Shane.:D

ihateiraq

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Upinya
    I honestly thought that was your intent at first, but didn't know how much you watch MMA.

Now that I know, I completely agree. If you see one of my posts earlier, I mention his money arms and how he could scratch his feet while standing straight...Reach is sort of important when you're a guy like Shane.:D
    i watch it whenever its feasible. ive got a buddy thats about to go to the wec who im living vicariously through. ive always enjoyed rolling, but ive never had the dedication to become a fighter myself. its sad to watch this guy eat meals or drink water while im getting plastered.

also, fighting is the one area where being as perfectly proportioned as i am is a drawback.

Tactical Dave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    Plainfield
    i watch it whenever its feasible. ive got a buddy thats about to go to the wec who im living vicariously through. ive always enjoyed rolling, but ive never had the dedication to become a fighter myself. its sad to watch this guy eat meals or drink water while im getting plastered.

also, fighting is the one area where being as perfectly proportioned as i am is a drawback.

I went to school with three guys (brothers) and one is a rather successful insurance salseman who got a double major in college. The other at least was a buisness owner and was UFC for a short while. His brother last I knew was still fighting at smaller promotions part-time. That brother told me that if you want to fight past the local level that you have to train full time...... granted there are exceptions to the rule though (Carwin).

Id love to fight but am married now and have a son and would hate to get a pernament serious injury....... just not worth it to me...... I do want to start training soon thoug because I think that would be a lot of fun and my wife want's to do it also. She is about the same build as I am so it would be fun for us to spar and roll.

Top Bottom