• Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Who wins between Lesnar and Carwin on July 3rd?

• Total voters
    • Poll closed .

DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN
    Correct me if I'm wrong...but I don't think Brock has ever knocked anyone out, they
    either went to a decision or stoppped by his ground an pound. But hasn't all of Carwins fights been when he has knocked out his opponets....as in out cold? That guy has got to have some power.

Tactical Dave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    Plainfield
    Considering Carwin was pretty much lifting Mir off the ground with some upper cut punches that he could not get any power behined..... Id saw they both have serious knock out power but I doubt the fight will last long...

Lets not foget that the only person that really gave Lesnar a fight was Couture..... the judges later said he was on track to win that round untill things went badly.... lets also not forget that Couture himself said that Lesnar is not the fighter he is now compared to then.........

There will be just under 600 pounds of muscle fighting in that cage....

I have respect for Carwin...... he is a part-time fighter...... and doing what he is doing.

Correct me if I'm wrong...but I don't think Brock has ever knocked anyone out, they
    either went to a decision or stoppped by his ground an pound. But hasn't all of Carwins fights been when he has knocked out his opponets....as in out cold? That guy has got to have some power.

I don't think he has KO's anyone yet but he has the power to do so........ he about made Heath do a back flip though.... If it came down to it and I had to take one hit I would rather take a hit from Brock before I took one from Carwin......

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake

9 or 10 wins have come by way of his fists, but he's got 2 or 3 submissions in there...I think they were all guillotines.

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    I think they were all guillotines.

makes sence he hits you once and you know you have to try somthing else so you do a half ___ shot just to try and get the fight off your feet and carwin grabs your neck. the last ppv i ordered was penn sanchez. ill defintallt be ponnying up the 40+ bucks for this one.

im betting mazigoti (spelling) has to ref this one. any of there other refs in there with these to would exceed the wieght limits of the cage

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    makes sence he hits you once and you know you have to try somthing else so you do a half ___ shot just to try and get the fight off your feet and carwin grabs your neck. the last ppv i ordered was penn sanchez. ill defintallt be ponnying up the 40+ bucks for this one.

im betting mazigoti (spelling) has to ref this one. any of there other refs in there with these to would exceed the wieght limits of the cage

Precisely. I sure as :poop: wouldn't want those arms wrapped around my neck.

Although I'd rather tap like a little b**** than get KTFO by one of those size 5XL lunch boxes.:D

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    Speaking of gloves......... Carwins hands are larger then Brocks....... last I read they have to cut and tape the gloves to fit his hands!

Yeah, he's a freak of nature. People that stand 6' tall when wearing shoes shouldn't need 5XL gloves. I'm 6'6 and my hands are massive and I fit into a 2XL.

Steve Mazigotti should have his eyes checked and then his throat punched in. Why they continue to let him ruin fights is beyond me.

I completely agree. If the UFC had anything to do with who the refs are, he'd have been gone long, long ago.

Tactical Dave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    Plainfield
    thats impressive. i know brocks glove were custom made since none fit him

Last I heard they have to use the gloves provided at the fights so that people are not tempted to make their own "to custom" wink wink.

Edit: Just did some Google searches, Carwin has some 5XL training gloves, seems they only make fight gloves to 4XL so he has to cut slits in them. Brock wears 4XL gloves with no slits it seems.

The only person in MMA to have ever worn a 4XL in competition is that huge South Korean guy.

Yeah, he's a freak of nature. People that stand 6' tall when wearing shoes shouldn't need 5XL gloves. I'm 6'6 and my hands are massive and I fit into a 2XL.

I am like 6'1 and wear and XL pretty good (mechanics wear gloves), for fight gloves I don't know. In better shape I might be in a 1XL but that is pushing it. I can't even imagine a 4XL let alone having to squeeze into one.

My brother-in-law is around 6'4 with a little larger build then me and he is probably a tight XL. My brother is friends with a guy that could pass as Brocks twin, he is like 30 pounds lighter then Brocks fight weigh in weight and maybe an inch shorter and I bet he is a 2XL....

Last edited:

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    when i fought i was 6'2 205lbs. i wore 2xl. i could get xl on but not with tape. just for comparision.

i read somwhere brock was the reason ufc started making 4xl gloves. thats what i ment by custom made gloves.

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    You know, I actually didn't factor in normal gloves that have some give and MMA gloves...I've never put on a pair of MMA gloves like yourself vette.

My hands are ~11 inches thumb to pinkie and a little less than 15" around making a fist...It just seems crazy that a less than 6' tall person's hands would be substantially larger than that.

BTW, you are correct that the UFC started making 4XL when Brock came to town.

shane_carwin.jpg

Those are some big ol' hands though.

Edit: I just noticed...Holy monkey arms, that dude could scratch his knees standing straight up!:):

Tactical Dave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    Plainfield
    So does tape ad like what, one size?

To me Carwin is nothing but muscle, Lesnar looks like he has a lot of "sloppy" weight on him..... he looks like a more in shape Tim Sylvia to me compared to Carwin.

I have been to Carwin's home town in CO..... (Greely) It is a really nice area.

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    So does tape ad like what, one size?

To me Carwin is nothing but muscle, Lesnar looks like he has a lot of "sloppy" weight on him..... he looks like a more in shape Tim Sylvia to me compared to Carwin.

I have been to Carwin's home town in CO..... (Greely) It is a really nice area.

most of the time tape does not add a size. if xl are tight on you they will push you over the line, but its not a great place to be because you want your gloves fairly tight so im kind of in between.

xl gloves would fit me perfect if i didn't need to tape

PwrCruz

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 22, 2009
    Westside Indy
    Can't wait for Carwin to knock out Lesnar so we can see the fight I'am really waiting for Shane C. ~vs~ Cain V.
    Don't know why I want Lesnar to lose must be that phalanx symbol tattoed on his chest that iratates me about him or how cocky he gets in his post fight interviews.

Tactical Dave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    Plainfield
    Can't wait for Carwin to knock out Lesnar so we can see the fight I'am really waiting for Shane C. ~vs~ Cain V.
    Don't know why I want Lesnar to lose must be that phalanx symbol tattoed on his chest that iratates me about him or how cocky he gets in his post fight interviews.

Bisbing repeat????

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN

Yeah, that pretty much sums it up for me. Those two things.

irishfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    in your head
    I like Couture's comment about Lesnar's punches when he said "It was like dodging canned hams."

I am excited about this fight and want to see somebody actually rock Lesnar but I still think Brock wins by take down and GnP. Also, I really like Cain Velasquez but I think he is to small for either of these beasts. A good fight to me would be Cain vs Cro Cop.

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    ya but like him or not its impossible to ignore the god given athleticisum (spelling?) he has. plus he made it to the top of the top mma company in about 2-3 years after he started training. noone has ever done that to my knowlege. imagine if he had trained mma from a young age like some of the fighters we are seeing now

Top Bottom