• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    I was an associate. I had a 401k and health insurance. Now I am a partner/owner. As a partner, we distribute the profit among us and we decide how to use the money. We pay for our own health insurance and fund our own retirement. I'll just say that I am happy with my career choices.

As for public defenders, first, they chose that path. Second, if full time, they likely have a decent retirement plan and health insurance. If contract, they decide what to do with the money and how to invest.

It's all about individual choices in this biz. Plenty of lawyers complain about their situation....and they all made choices that put them where they are.
    So you’re saying unions are for people that can’t plan ahead for themselves. Got it.

JCSR

NO STAGE PLAN
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2017
    Santa Claus
    Ive done both ends, and if you think an employee of Union or non union cant be terminated your not being truthful. As a manager you document and document and write up right along with HR. I've seen plenty terminated. As a Union man and as a Manager.
    I'm going out for dinner so I'll be back. And I'm laughing with the Union guys cant be fired, My girl averages at least two Union terminations a week in the Union Plant she works at in HR and Contracts.
    It can't be done.....lololololololol
    You can't fire an employee for following safety and company work practices. You may fire them on an internet forum but not on the jobs where I worked.

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    I was an associate. I had a 401k and health insurance. Now I am a partner/owner. As a partner, we distribute the profit among us and we decide how to use the money. We pay for our own health insurance and fund our own retirement. I'll just say that I am happy with my career choices.

As for public defenders, first, they chose that path. Second, if full time, they likely have a decent retirement plan and health insurance. If contract, they decide what to do with the money and how to invest.

It's all about individual choices in this biz. Plenty of lawyers complain about their situation....and they all made choices that put them where they are.
    Absolutly, I find it humerus that some here condem those who made different choices then them with the employment path they choose.

We all made those choices, I dont complain the the doctor down the street has a better bennies plan then me.
    Once the door has been opened its all fair game.

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    You can't fire an employee for following safety and company work practices. You may fire them on an internet forum but not on the jobs where I worked.
    Well I find that interesting, a woman that lives with me does HR and the Union Contracts in Lapel at Owens Illinois.
    The hourly employees work under Union Labor Contracts. She averages about two terminations a week with Union employees.
    With my years as a Union member and working in hundreds of Union plants, factorys and so on. Ive seem loads of Union members grt terminated.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Are there many of the big 3 auto plants here? I remember when Indy had a GM plant and a smaller Ford one. We were once rivaling Detroit for Automotive productions but Detroit won. Stutz had a big factory downtown and with the races and all.. Can anyone name the major auto plants of the big 3 in IN. Id figure they would all be in Mexico, thanks a lot NAFTA.
    Many? Certainly not as many as there used to be. Ft Wayne builds GM pickups, Marion has a stamping plant. Bedford has an aluminum foundry. I believe Kokomo still makes chips for GM. Then there's the Chrysler plants in Kokomo. Think they make aluminum die casting parts and transmissions.

JCSR

NO STAGE PLAN
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2017
    Santa Claus
    Well I find that interesting, a woman that lives with me does HR and the Union Contracts in Lapel at Owens Illinois.
    The hourly employees work under Union Labor Contracts. She averages about two terminations a week with Union employees.
    With my years as a Union member and working in hundreds of Union plants, factorys and so on. Ive seem loads of Union members grt terminated.
    They don't for following procedures. I am also talking about skilled (in a trade) workers not twinkers hired off the street. Tough guys that look to fire people don't last long in management until they learn to work with their crew and not try to f*ck them over every chance they get.

While we're interrogating fellow INGO members please list the "hundreds" of Union plants that you have worked at. I'm sure we'd love to see the list.

JCSR

NO STAGE PLAN
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2017
    Santa Claus
    Absolutly, I find it humerus that some here condem those who made different choices then them with the employment path they choose.

We all made those choices, I dont complain the the doctor down the street has a better bennies plan then me.
    Yet you are the only one in this thread I've seen ask anyone what job they had. :scratch:

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central

What is sad is your total inability to understand why folks express the thoughts and, yes, feelings about UAW workers and big auto companies in particular. You often dissemble when posts make specific points about the UAW jobs in general by jumping to the trades union practices. We have already discussed several times how trades are different than auto workers.

While you have some relatively current experience with the auto unions many posters here have lived with these companies and unions all of our lives, 50-70 years. We had family members that were workers, journeymen, supervisors, engineers and all shared stories of what went on in the plants. We have heard first hand accounts of things that occur.

Then many have had dealings with either the companies, workers, and or unions over the years delivering in plants, sales calls to plants, outside contractors to plants, or just community neighbors to them, and you have the hubris to snidely laugh and say these folks don’t have a clue.

So you do know a few things, but you do not know more than the group…

Last edited:

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    Yet you are the only one in this thread I've seen ask anyone what job they had. :scratch:
    Yeah only one person has been "condem"-ing anyone and it's not the non-union peeps. We also aren't asking "whats your pension" to everyone nor are we bragging about beating peoples ass or destroying their property if they were to cross picket lines.

And then we mustn't forget the "why are you afraid to say where you work" as if we/they are hiding something. It's obvious you've never had some group target you to try and get you wrongfully fired by literally fabricating posts that you did not type and then contacting "anonymously" your HR to demand your removal because of racist ********. Try it on, you won't share that information freely after that.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Are there many of the big 3 auto plants here? I remember when Indy had a GM plant and a smaller Ford one. We were once rivaling Detroit for Automotive productions but Detroit won. Stutz had a big factory downtown and with the races and all.. Can anyone name the major auto plants of the big 3 in IN. Id figure they would all be in Mexico, thanks a lot NAFTA.
    Indy used to have a ton of UAW plants. Pushing my old memory cells here. LOL

GM had a stamping plant near the zoo.

Chrysler had a foundry off 70 west.

Chrysler had a plant east off 30th.

Ford had a plant off Brookville rd area.

International had a plant SE.

What plants have I missed?

JCSR

NO STAGE PLAN
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2017
    Santa Claus
    I still remember when Whirlpool was Evansville's biggest employer. The offered decent pay for unskilled Union work and it was considered a "good" job and many families survived by working there.
    Every contract time there were strikes or threats of strikes and every time the company would threaten to close and move to Mexico. Well they finally did.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Ummm you have never heard of the sex workers union?
    I mean. Yer fact checking a joke, but whatever. It’s INGO. Anyway, haven’t I been talking about union hoes?

Okay. Let’s treat it seriously.

International Sex Workers union is in Europe. Nevada is the only state where legal. Maybe there’s a union that represents a few. But I mean, c’mon. Does that actually invalidate the point? Hmm?

Most prostitutes in the world are not represented by unions. It’s not more than an anomaly if they are. Same goes for lawyers, thou some might call that legal prostitution.

If I owned a business and the workers demanded a union, I’d close shop and reopen elsewhere. I want to be able to pay top performers top pay. Law firm, whore house, software company. Whatever. It’s a dealbreaker if I can’t do that. And I don’t want a subset of my workforce becoming thugs whenever they get burs up their asses. I want to be able to fire people at will who don’t perform or break the rules.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    LOL. No. It was a startup hosting datacenter you never heard of. They picked the wrong time to startup.
    Oh yeah. Tech bubble just burst around that time. The boys were bragging about how their company stock was doing. Next day everyone goes home without a job. Stock takes a dump.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Oh yeah. Tech bubble just burst around that time. The boys were bragging about how their company stock was doing. Next day everyone goes home without a job. Stock takes a dump.
    Yep. I was in San Antonio. It burst early and big in Houston and Austin. Then 9/11 two weeks later. I was mostly out of work for the next year.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I'm being ******? Please
    Yes. You got ****ty with at least two posters for not answering irrelevant questions about where they work. And one of them said, it’s none of your business. You kept asking the question like it’s a demand, even using a bigger font size. As if they owe you an answer. And then when they answered you made no further points about it. Yeah. Most people would call that getting ****ty.

Are they Union employees?
    Do non union workers save in case they get laid off or who is buying what they manufacture are Union and can go on strike?
    If not maybe one should make better employment choices.

I mean, you're not exactly modeling the ideal union worker here. Or maybe you think you are. "Ya, we going on strike. **** those assholes working to supply us with parts. They shoulda made better employment choices." :rolleyes:

Classy.

Last edited:

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    They don't for following procedures. I am also talking about skilled (in a trade) workers not twinkers hired off the street. Tough guys that look to fire people don't last long in management until they learn to work with their crew and not try to f*ck them over every chance they get.

While we're interrogating fellow INGO members please list the "hundreds" of Union plants that you have worked at. I'm sure we'd love to see the list.
    Dont move the goalposts now, firing Union Workers has been the conversation.

About 26 yrs of service mostly with Otis, say 20 of that was on the road with new installation, Repair and Modernization's. There were many days I worked in three or more building, plants, factory's, warehouses.
    List them, your silly.

Top Bottom