• ...and so much more!
  • jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Hookers have no benefits at all. And most have a short career window.
    Oh. They should have made better employment choices. Isn't that the line?

Public Defender attorneys don't seem to do that well.
    Neither come with the three wins a Union Trade comes with.
    Pension, Annuity and a 401.

Edit,
    Woops

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/International_Union_of_Sex_Workers

Some attorneys don't make ****. Some make a lot. Depends how far they want to go with selling their souls. Law firms would be pretty hard to get unionized. Any white collar jobs are hard for unions to break into. To what little extent there is, it ain't ****.

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    Yes. You got ****ty with at least to posters for not answering irrelevant questions about where they work. And one of them said, it’s none of your business. You kept asking the question like it’s a demand, even using a bigger font size. As if they owe you an answer. And then when they answered you made no further points about it. Yeah. Most people would call that getting ****ty.

I mean, you're not exactly modeling the ideal union worker here. Or maybe you think you are. "Ya, we going on strike. **** those assholes working to supply us with parts. They shoulda made better employment choices." :rolleyes:

Classy.
    Funny it matters not with the words you and others have used with calling Union Members derogatory names in this thread. And I'm being the ****** one. LOLOLOL
    The worlds tough, get a helmet

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I was an associate. I had a 401k and health insurance. Now I am a partner/owner. As a partner, we distribute the profit among us and we decide how to use the money. We pay for our own health insurance and fund our own retirement. I'll just say that I am happy with my career choices.

As for public defenders, first, they chose that path. Second, if full time, they likely have a decent retirement plan and health insurance. If contract, they decide what to do with the money and how to invest.

It's all about individual choices in this biz. Plenty of lawyers complain about their situation....and they all made choices that put them where they are.

[ETA] I just thought I'd add that all lawyers are not rich. Not even close. Many probably could have done as well or better in the UAW. Many do OK. Some get very wealthy. Some are comfortable. It's a very wide range. The annual income range is from about $40k to....8 or 9 figures. A lot more than you would think are in the $70-140k range. Outside of the big cities, maybe a majority.
    My neighbor is an attorney. Used to be a corporate lawyer and made big bucks. And decided he didn't like his job. Basically his job was to tell the execs if they could, or how they could, get away with whatever scheme they wanted to pull off. So he quit and opened a private practice doing wills, simple non-contested divorces, and basically whatever easy **** came along. He had to supplement that with working as a bar tender. But he was happy with it.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Oh. They should have made better employment choices. Isn't that the line?

Some attorneys don't make ****. Some make a lot. Depends how far they want to go with selling their souls. Law firms would be pretty hard to get unionized. Any white collar jobs are hard for unions to break into. To what little extent there is, it ain't ****.
    I'm unsure how one would unionize a law firm when the career path is from employee to owner.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Its been around much longer than her and YouTube.
    Of course. But the point was, it worked better for her than for rebutting my points. I don't think I need the helmet. Just pointing out the inconsistency with you claiming you're not the one getting ****ty by pointing out an example of you getting ****ty.

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    Of course. But the point was, it worked better for her than for rebutting my points. I don't think I need the helmet. Just pointing out the inconsistency with you claiming you're not the one getting ****ty by pointing out an example of you getting ****ty.
    he's still angry about "union hoes". He finds it offensive since that's the only derogatory name I've found here being used. Mob mentality is describing the actions, same as holding hostage.

JCSR

NO STAGE PLAN
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2017
    Santa Claus
    Dont move the goalposts now, firing Union Workers has been the conversation.

About 26 yrs of service mostly with Otis, say 20 of that was on the road with new installation, Repair and Modernization's. There were many days I worked in three or more building, plants, factory's, warehouses.
    List them, your silly.
    I'm very familiar with Otis and from my experience they usually work alone or in pairs. With the bas-ass attitude you put out on this forum it's probably better you work alone. Knowing this I fail to see how you know anything about working "for" a factory and their firing practices? I suppose a UPS driver has worked at thousands of union factories in his career but I wouldn't say he knows anything about working "for" one.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I'm very familiar with Otis...

Hopefully the American auto industry doesn't take the same route as Otis did?

...Linda Williamson, president of the Bloomington Economic Development Corp., called the move "disappointing."

"Otis decision to move production out of Bloomington is really a decision to move production out of the United States and is based on global considerations and not on the productivity and quality of their local work force," she said...

JCSR

NO STAGE PLAN
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2017
    Santa Claus
    Hopefully the American auto industry doesn't take the same route as Otis did?

...Linda Williamson, president of the Bloomington Economic Development Corp., called the move "disappointing."

"Otis decision to move production out of Bloomington is really a decision to move production out of the United States and is based on global considerations and not on the productivity and quality of their local work force," she said...
    They have a rep of half-assing their work to create job security. I've seen it many times.

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    I'm very familiar with Otis and from my experience they usually work alone or in pairs. With the bas-ass attitude you put out on this forum it's probably better you work alone. Knowing this I fail to see how you know anything about working "for" a factory and their firing practices? I suppose a UPS driver has worked at thousands of union factories in his career but I wouldn't say he knows anything about working "for" one.
    I did post that I was self employed for many years with welding, fabrication, doing sanitary pipe tig and other work in factory's, plants and distribution centers. and I got into Industrial Maintenance in the past 6 years or so.
    So with my working years and the different employment I have done, yes I've worked in a huge amount of buildings. And I will say it yet again, my ex works as a International Union Law Attorney, Her Father and the other 4 siblings are Union Law Attorneys, I worked as a Union Mechanic, my bestie of 14+ years has a law doctorate. She has spent many years doing HR and Union Contract work for companies that have a Union workforce. Hopefully you will read this and understand what I've posted for what ??? the third time...

And whats a bad ass? So I choose to enlist in the USMC, I earned a 300 series MOS, and when that was over I spent 5 years working in the private sector. A few years later I took off work for a year and a half and did a solo sail for 30,000 miles. And in the next years or two, I'm gonna do it again with my Thing 2.
    Most folks dont choose to do those things. But I do have a kid thats sorta following with a few family traditions.
    I chose a different life than most have, good bad indifferent. Your opinion really matters not to me. As I woud hope that mine doesn't matter to you.

I post just like I talk, with a factory voice. I change not if we met or when I'm speaking with one of my Mothers. I

A funny thing was said to me when a few of us met for a reloading swap meet awhile ago. Two members and I were talking and laughing and one that just bought a few boxes of ammo from me said, I would have though you would be more over bearing than you actually are in person. All of us laughed.

Excluding those here that know and have met me,
    I'm quite certain that I have done more for other members here, than they have done for me.

Top Bottom