• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Your statistics are cute. Too bad reality locally has said otherwise. The UAW plant was paying $21/hr. The fork lift plant across the highway was paying $23/hr and were not union. The only thing they had going for them over the other place was they got one more week of vacation and they got to be shut down every summer without pay for 3 weeks.

But hey you stick to your stats.
    There is more to compensation than hourly rate.

sadclownwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 97.8%
    45   1   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    NWI
    I wonder how low the UAW's strike fund is now going into past the 5th week with only a partial shutdown. They were supposed to have enough for 10 weeks if everyone went on striking. But eventually they will drain the fund. My question is, what happens to the people who strike last in the UAW when the fund runs out? They just get screwed cause the money was already dolled out to those who stuck first? They don't get unemployment because they were laid off due to a strike, or they went on a strike.

firecadet613

Master
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   1
    Dec 24, 2012
    I wonder how low the UAW's strike fund is now going into past the 5th week with only a partial shutdown. They were supposed to have enough for 10 weeks if everyone went on striking. But eventually they will drain the fund. My question is, what happens to the people who strike last in the UAW when the fund runs out? They just get screwed cause the money was already dolled out to those who stuck first? They don't get unemployment because they were laid off due to a strike, or they went on a strike.
    I'm just blown away that 8,700 people (Ford Kentucky Truck Plant) can be told to go on strike at the drop of a hat and lose most of their income.

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    Hmm, am I noticing a pattern here?

It's an easy question. A very easy question... :)

:scratch:
    One asks so one can try to understand where someone learns what they are posting about.

But yet you missed the true pattern in this thread.

Interesting that the guys that have worked Union have no problem posting what and where they did, or do work.

Those that are not Union have a problem posting what where or who they worked for now or when they supposedly worked in a Union shop / plant or factory.

Oh I worked in a factory 30 years ago, so did my parents and the union was horrible, It was billy bobs manufacturing or something like that, I dont recall the names but they were under stupid horrible management and they went bankrupt.
    And on and on.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Ive done both ends, and if you think an employee of Union or non union cant be terminated your not being truthful. As a manager you document and document and write up right along with HR. I've seen plenty terminated. As a Union man and as a Manager.
    I'm going out for dinner so I'll be back. And I'm laughing with the Union guys cant be fired, My girl averages at least two Union terminations a week in the Union Plant she works at in HR and Contracts.
    It can't be done.....lololololololol
    Depends on the union and the company I guess. And what they got fired for. I've seen union people get fired for excessive absences. Plenty of write-ups. Everything documented. They're back on the job in a few days. But, I've also seen people get fired for fighting on the job. They didn't get their jobs back.

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    I'm just blown away that 8,700 people (Ford Kentucky Truck Plant) can be told to go on strike at the drop of a hat and lose most of their income.
    Hopefully your more shocked with the hundreds of thousands of private bushiness just chain the doors shut at night and the workers find out in the morning they have no more employment and odds are they get shorted on that last check and vacation money they have built up over the last 20 years.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Well you and bob are both wrong,

It pays to be in a union. Literally.
    Workers who are members of labor unions in the United States make 18% more than their nonunion counterparts, according to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics’ annual report on union membership, published today.
    The report shows the median weekly earnings of full-time and salary workers who were union members in 2022 were $1,216, compared with $1,029 for nonunion workers. That’s nearly $10,000 more per year.

Some do. Some don't. I'll take your word for the numbers you posted. It's not like every union person makes 18% more than their counterparts. Some make more. Some make less. And that makes KLB correct. It's not a sure thing.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Hopefully your more shocked with the hundreds of thousands of private bushiness just chain the doors shut at night and the workers find out in the morning they have no more employment and odds are they get shorted on that last check and vacation money they have built up over the last 20 years.
    Yep. Sucks when companies go out of business. But I'm not shocked.

firecadet613

Master
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   1
    Dec 24, 2012
    Nope, businesses can fail. That's easy to understand. But to get a phone call saying you're on strike, due to decisions from a person like Shawn Fain. Bless your heart.

Top Bottom