• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sadclownwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 97.8%
    45   1   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    NWI
    Which does not address the point. Are you saying these UAW represented plants don't have 5S, and thus, their repetitive low skill jobs require more experience?

But if you're just making a statement, yes.
    I can assure you all the plants have 5S in some form. I can also say that a lot of tools and materials go missing. It got so bad at my plant, electricians and engineers would sometimes come to IT to borrow our tools. We had to put a stop to that once our tools started not coming back.

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    Just a quick point, they really are not catching on in a big way. For all the narrative creation, money spent, and forcing of the issue, including outright bribery from the government to make them and buy them, after all that they account for 1% of current vehicle sales.

They do tricks of the mind to create that impression in folks minds. With splashy headlines saying EV sales are up 35% or they are shown to be in the 7%-10% of CARS (not vehicles) sold, all likely true but misleading as some manufacturers do not even sell cars and the most popular vehicles are SUV’s and light trucks.

Just sharing the light…

“Electric vehicles account for less than 1% of the 250 million vehicles, SUVs, and light-duty trucks sold in the United States.”

That's a bit deceptive, that 2.5 million number is all vehicles in the US. Not new vehicles sold. Per that link there are about 17 million new vehicles made per year. Tesla alone delivered 114k in the first 1/4 of 2022, the next 3 manufacturers had 23k in the same timeframe. Of which only 50 were the Ford lightning which per that article has 200k ordered. So I'm guessing that 7-10% of new vehicles sold being EV is quite possible.

firecadet613

Master
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   1
    Dec 24, 2012
    That's a bit deceptive, that 2.5 million number is all vehicles in the US. Not new vehicles sold. Per that link there are about 17 million new vehicles made per year. Tesla alone delivered 114k in the first 1/4 of 2022, the next 3 manufacturers had 23k in the same timeframe. Of which only 50 were the Ford lightning which per that article has 200k ordered. So I'm guessing that 7-10% of new vehicles sold being EV is quite possible.
    And it's mostly Tesla. Look at F150 Lightening sales Q3 2022 vs Q3 2023.... it's an embarrassing flop!

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    They are talking fires of all cars not percentage of the market as I read it…
    The 250 million number appears to be all vehicles in the US, not just cars.

"Electric and hybrid vehicle sales grew massively in 2020, with hybrids increasing by 76% and completely electric vehicles rising by 83%. Although this was a significant increase, just 3% of vehicle sales in 2021 were electric, with hybrids accounting for 5%. In 2022, electric car sales increased by 5% as multiple new electric models reached the market."
    And it's mostly Tesla. Look at F150 Lightening sales Q3 2022 vs Q3 2023.... it's an embarrassing flop!
    3rd quarter sales are way down, year to date is up 40% over last year, but that includes 2022 1st quarter sales of what 50 or so when they just started delivering. I wouldn't say it's a flop, at least not yet.

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    I'm in the food industry (everyone's gotta eat!). You know, the one where some companies (Starbucks) are doing all they can to keep unions out...
    Thats right your Dad or Uncle owns a restaurant south of Indy that you work for.

So what wages and benefits do the wait, line cooks, hostess and other staff get that are employed by your family?

firecadet613

Master
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   1
    Dec 24, 2012
    Thats right your Dad or Uncle owns a restaurant south of Indy that you work for.

So what wages and benefits do the wait, line cooks, hostess and other staff get that are employed by your family?
    Far from it bud, far from it. The "food" industry is huge, not everyone works in a restaurant or location. Seems @Creedmoor is looking to bait folks into an argument.

sadclownwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 97.8%
    45   1   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    NWI
    Far from it bud, far from it. The "food" industry is huge, not everyone works in a restaurant or location. I make well over the union wages being discussed here, but I digress. Seems @Creedmoor is looking to bait folks into an argument.
    It is well documented in this thread that he does that. Best to just ask what his questions have to do with the price of butter in china.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    An amusing quote from a friend: "the 40 hour work week is outdated & was designed with the assumption someone else was going to be always taking care of cooking, cleaning & household errands. It wasn't designed for you to be doing it all & if you're having a hard time, you're not a failure."

I agree that a person having a "hard time" is not a failure, but this quote is in the context of this thread and the negotiations. So- 40 hours a week. Too many hours.

firecadet613

Master
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   1
    Dec 24, 2012
    3rd quarter sales are way down, year to date is up 40% over last year, but that includes 2022 1st quarter sales of what 50 or so when they just started delivering. I wouldn't say it's a flop, at least not yet.

I've seen the reviews by TheFastLaneTruck and others, it's a flop. If you're looking for a truck, you'll skip right on past it.

It looks good and seems techy, but fails miserablely as a truck. The range when towing is abysmal! And I say that as someone on their 5th or 6th pickup in 15 years (hey, someone had to keep this economy afloat!).

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    Far from it bud, far from it. The "food" industry is huge, not everyone works in a restaurant or location. I make well over the union wages being discussed here, but I digress. Seems @Creedmoor is looking to bait folks into an argument.
    I'm the one here baiting and wanting to argue? LOLOLOLOLOL

Its a secret what I do for a living... You guys are funny.

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    I've seen the reviews by TheFastLaneTruck and others, it's a flop. If you're looking for a truck, you'll skip right on past it.

It looks good and seems techy, but fails miserablely as a truck. The range when towing is abysmal! And I say that as someone on their 5th or 6th pickup in 15 years (hey, someone had to keep this economy afloat!).
    How’d you do that working for your dad flipping burgers?

firecadet613

Master
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   1
    Dec 24, 2012
    How’d you do that working for your dad flipping burgers?
    I know, right!

The big 3 all make a good truck (I've yet to own a Chevy pickup - though I have had their SUVs). I have never considered an import truck, so it's no wonder why I'm rooting for the big 3 to pull through this UAW mess and survive....

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    An amusing quote from a friend: "the 40 hour work week is outdated & was designed with the assumption someone else was going to be always taking care of cooking, cleaning & household errands. It wasn't designed for you to be doing it all & if you're having a hard time, you're not a failure."

I agree that a person having a "hard time" is not a failure, but this quote is in the context of this thread and the negotiations. So- 40 hours a week. Too many hours.
    I'm not in the crowd with 40 hours is to much. But I'm with the crowd that the 5 day 8 hours a day should be eliminated with careers and industry's that it can.. Loads of employers have gone to 4 10's or 12 hour days in a rotating schedule. Theirs much better options available, then working 5 days a week for eight hours.

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009

Depends on the truck user, for myself it would work just fine for truck use. For what I use my truck as a truck is all shorter distance. 100 mile round trip would be the max 99.999% of the time. And the vast majority are much shorter.

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    Far from it bud, far from it. The "food" industry is huge, not everyone works in a restaurant or location. Seems @Creedmoor is looking to bait folks into an argument.
    It always turns to the derogatory comments like Union Ho, looking to bait, arguer and the best one Troll, from a few in threads like this that just can't hold up their end of the discussion.
    Its irony at its best.

Top Bottom