• ...and so much more!
  • printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    The question I asked was, what industry do you work in?

Just remember that those Union Strikes are also good for the non union working world. Strikes brought about benefits like vacation pay, health, welfare and pensions, equal pay for women, overtime pay, I can go on if needed???

Maternity leave?

IMG_7750.jpeg

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    I know this, I sure would have liked to have a few weeks off paid when my sons were born. I just used some of my vacation time those years.
    I also believe if thats what people want, its better to have thousands of membership behind me with bargaining than no one behind me trying to bargain with my employer by myself.

Not sure about paid time off with adoption.

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.

Just remember that those Union Strikes are also good for the non union working world. Strikes brought about benefits like vacation pay, health, welfare and pensions, equal pay for women, overtime pay, I can go on if needed???
    and they also bring about layoffs for non-union suppliers, more unemployment benefits paid out and more people finding jobs in sectors that don't have to deal with striking unions. But we don't acknowledge that, right?

firecadet613

Master
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   1
    Dec 24, 2012

The statement I made was the unions have outlived their usefulness. Not that they weren't useful at one point in time...

firecadet613

Master
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   1
    Dec 24, 2012
    Good morning!

Day IDK of the strike, I saw these articles last night. The union is overplaying their hand...prove me wrong!

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    Good morning!

Day IDK of the strike, I saw these articles last night. The union is overplaying their hand...prove me wrong!

Stellantis looking to close 18 facilities in the US? But I was told on INGO that UAW strikes prevent that from happening.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

“Bill Ford knows exactly how to settle this strike. Instead of threatening to close the Rouge, he should call up [Ford President] Jim Farley, tell him to stop playing games and get a deal done, or we’ll close the Rouge for him,” said Shawn Fain

Probably at this point it’s time for the big three to start taking pieces of the latest offer off the table. Fain could end up the president of an unemployed union.

Nah. It won’t come to that. Companies won’t remove any of what they offered. But, they might just let the union run out of strike funds.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Kaizen without 5S ain't worth much.
    Which does not address the point. Are you saying these UAW represented plants don't have 5S, and thus, their repetitive low skill jobs require more experience?

But if you're just making a statement, yes.

Top Bottom