• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • irishfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    in your head
    Yes, I agree, many Republicans haven't supported the 2nd Amendment in the way I would like, some have actively worked against it.

Yet, when compared to each other, the parties can't even be compared. When you have gun control bills that over 90% of one party supports and there is a small percentage of crossovers from the other, it's simplistic to refuse to understand which party is the one driving it.

As a libertarian by ideology, and a Republican by pragmatism, believe me, I understand the Repulicans' weaknesses. Yet there are still night and day differences between the two.

I would say your numbers are a bit exagerrated when it comes to the amount of Democrats who support gun control. I will ask the question you like to ask which is "do you have any facts to back that number up?" Also, if you are a libertarian by ideology then I can't see how you can agree with many of the Republicans views at all. Finally, I have no idea where you are looking to see a night and day difference between elected Republicans and Democrats. The last several presidents whether Republican or Democrat were progressives and globalists along with many of the leading politicians in each party. I realize on this board it is "bad will" to talk politely about the Democrats but if you take the blinders off you will see that both sides are equally wrong in so many ways.:patriot:

Cygnus

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2009
    New England
    I would say your numbers are a bit exagerrated when it comes to the amount of Democrats who support gun control. I will ask the question you like to ask which is "do you have any facts to back that number up?" Also, if you are a libertarian by ideology then I can't see how you can agree with many of the Republicans views at all. Finally, I have no idea where you are looking to see a night and day difference between elected Republicans and Democrats. The last several presidents whether Republican or Democrat were progressives and globalists along with many of the leading politicians in each party. I realize on this board it is "bad will" to talk politely about the Democrats but if you take the blinders off you will see that both sides are equally wrong in so many ways.:patriot:
    Well said. I believe it was a letter from a group of Democratic house members that killed any of Holder's talk of new controls earlier ths year. They warned the administration of their vehement oppssition and that they'dvote against it. IIRC they wrote to Obama directly.
    I do feel alot of the conservative democrats are left without a home...

As for the original topic of the thread.......Very bad news if signed. I don't think it would ever pass once presented to the American people. I believe they'd let their elected officials know wher ethye stood. But I may be too optomistic.

Last edited:

dburkhead

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    To whoever said something about clinton not having power.

How much longer til a racist/extremist assassinates obama?
    Biden is pretty old, if he had a heart attack he would be out of commission and not able to do the job of president.

Thus making Nancy Pelosi our president, and clinton is not far behind her in the line.

Minor nit here: those things would have to happen in fairly short order. Consider the watergate aftermath:

Agnew resigns. New VP (Ford) selected and confirmed.
    Nixon resigns. Ford becomes President. New VP (Rockefeller) selected and confirmed.

Note also that when Newt Gingrich was removed as Speaker of the House, his replacement was in office 3 days later.

So for the Secretary of State to become President something would have to happen to the President, the Vice President, and the Speaker of the House all in short enough time for none of them to have been replaced.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 23, 2009
    OHIO
    I talked to a cop buddy of mine that was in W.V. 4 wheeling with a bunch of his buddies, cops, swat, batef etc. the ATF agents that were there told him that the ATF is not as dumb as you think. They would never attempt a gun grab in fear for their lives. The UN soldiers on the other hand... they might just be that stupid. Ever watch hotel rawanda?

Lex Concord

Not so well-known member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Morgan County
    Minor nit here: those things would have to happen in fairly short order. Consider the watergate aftermath:

Nixon resigns. Ford becomes President. New VP (Rockefeller) selected and confirmed.

Note also that when Newt Gingrich was removed as Speaker of the House, his replacement was in office 3 days later.

So for the Secretary of State to become President something would have to happen to the President, the Vice President, and the Speaker of the House all in short enough time for none of them to have been replaced.

Good points all.

Interesting you bring up the succession after Watergate.

I recently learned that, after Kennedy's assassination, Johnson served out the remainder of Kennedy's term with no Vice President.

Still, very unlikely that succession would get to the 3rd in line without a super SHTF scenario, in which case how much power would that person wield anyway?

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Said it before, I'll say it again.

Live Free or Die.

Are we free? Only if you choose to be. That means breaking a rule here and there. I don't think many of you can do that.

STAG556

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2009
    Indy
    This has been the most interesting topic I've read on here yet. I'm glad I can get this information on INGO. Being a college student most of the information I get comes from the school liberal bull**** newspaper, anything else I have to go out and dig for myself. I've never heard of this U.N. crap but I'm glad to be learning all this now. I've never really been in favor of the U.N. It seems like all the other countries in the U.N. ride in on the coattails of the U.S. and try to stand on our shoulders to get their piece and now theyre trying to pull this crap. Sounds like they're sick of living in the shadow of the U.S. so they're betraying us in that sense.

beak7707

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Terre haute area
    The way things are going the Democrats aren't going to get anything passed. I think they already have enough on thier plate. Now that a Rep won the Mass seat the super majority is gone and they will have a hard time with thier agenda. I would say if they don't get it together soon the Senate seat in Mass will just be the begining of the power switching back to the Rep.

B

birdhunter

One more small step in taking away our freedoms and moving to the "New Global Order"...can I borrow your shovel?

irishfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    in your head
    This talk gets most of us all worked up and motivated but unfortunately after a few weeks we let down and relax again. I don't think that any UN gun ban will happen in the near future but I could see some type of small agreements taking place that would make it easier in the future to implement things that "certain people" want done.

ranger2204

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 17, 2009
    Dekalb County
    I don't think this will happen, the Democrats out west won't support it and the far left just want to push Obama care before they lose the majority at the end of the year.

ThrottleJockey

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    Between Greenwood and Martinsville
    To all those saying "it can't happen because...", "it won't happen because....", "I won't let it happen because...". Seriously? Don't you think that's exactly what they said in England? Australia? And yet they all lined up guns in hand and turned them in to the smelting pot. What makes you think it will be any different here? It won't. WAKE UP PEOPLE!

ddenny5

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 28, 2009
    Some where in the USA

The Pro Tempre of the Senate is next in line after the Speaker of the House. That leaves us with Robert Bird then Hillary Clinton.

Top Bottom