• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Now, if this had been some guy on the South Side of Chicago and shot two innocent folks, and it wasn't on camera, how much press would the MSM and WH give it? Especially if the shooter and victims were all black?

The titillation factor in these incidents is nauseating.

It's far worse than that. It inspires other crazy MFers. His "manifesto" expressed his admiration for fellow crazy MFers, Virginia Tech mass killer, Seung Hui Cho and the Columbine shooters. If we had never hear the names of those arseholes, would that reporter and cameraman still be breathing?:dunno:

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Does Indiana have those high tech computer license plate readers, like the one that picked up this murderer's plate?

I believe some state troopers have them. And some prominent local PDs looked at them (I think Carmel tried one or bought one for testing).

srad

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 22, 2009
    Elkhart/Bristol, IN
    I can't wait until we hear a statement from his parents.

"Good boy"
    "Getting his life together."
    "Didn't do anything"

Take a shot of booze each time one of these is said...

Avoid news article comments. Jeeeeeze. I just read the comments in a NPR article and my god. We're all collectively murderers apparently and should be blamed individually for the actions of this one disgruntled employee.... :rolleyes:

Funny enough, I'm at the Hilton Heathrow lounge (UK) right now and two guys across from me are talkin-it-up about 'guns guns guns' in the USA... "that's why senseless shootings like this happen!!!!", "you can buy anything you want at a gun show!!!!", "AK's should be ILLEGAL!!!" Worse is they're both from FL. Anyway, too many tips of the glass (following Leboski's challenge above) to engage in an intellectual conversation with my fellow uber-lib countrymen.

I need a few more shots before coming down to the level so that they'll understand me ha ha ha ha :-)

EOD Guy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Mar 8, 2012
    Carroll County
    Just watched the video posted by the shooter before shooting himself...looks like he was going for the "first person shooter" view and held the pistol in front of the camera before opening up on the lady, then camera man. He stood and pointed the pistol for what seemed like 20-30 seconds...no one noticed until he started shooting....that's crazy!

terrehautian

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 6, 2012
    Where ever my GPS says I am
    Does Indiana have those high tech computer license plate readers, like the one that picked up this murderer's plate?

I believe some state troopers have them. And some prominent local PDs looked at them (I think Carmel tried one or bought one for testing).

There is one state trooper in Terre Haute with it. His nickname is Hollywood.

2ADMNLOVER

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    May 13, 2009
    West side Indy
    Just watched the video posted by the shooter before shooting himself...looks like he was going for the "first person shooter" view and held the pistol in front of the camera before opening up on the lady, then camera man. He stood and pointed the pistol for what seemed like 20-30 seconds...no one noticed until he started shooting....that's crazy!

That's what I was thinking , poor SA .

Also , not trying to make light in any way but a gay , black jehova's witness as the shooter ?

That's gotta be a first , right ? Anyone know ?

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    There is one state trooper in Terre Haute with it. His nickname is Hollywood.

This him?
    3468_10.jpg

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    The "usual suspects' of the CSGV, Everytown, Mad Moms, etc are already dancing in the blood and blaming the NRA. Hillary is already calling for more gun control.

tbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    85   0   0
    Feb 12, 2010
    West Central IN
    The only silver lining here is this monster is now assuming room temperature and won't be an economic burden to taxpayers in the decades to come.

oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland
    "When you have an encounter with one *******, he's the *******. When you have encounters with *******s all day, you're the *******."
    He's doubtless getting treatment a bit more severe than this:
    [video=youtube;42oucm_lj50]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=42oucm_lj50[/video]

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    He put the deposit on the gun on 6/19 but I'm not seeing when he actually picked it up. Assuming it was after the firing event, it will add fuel to the mental health aspect of gun purchases.

Mark 1911

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Schererville, IN
    He put the deposit on the gun on 6/19 but I'm not seeing when he actually picked it up. Assuming it was after the firing event, it will add fuel to the mental health aspect of gun purchases.

There is a running "joke" at my firm about pizza parties, "be wary of pizza party invitations" is about how it goes. Back in the 70s we also had a shooting incident by a disgruntled employee. The newspaper story said it was totally unprovoked, but the old-timers who were around at the time say he took a lot of ribbing from his co-workers and apparently had decided he had enough. Invited his targeted co-workers over for pizza, and they brought their families along to the party. He killed 4 of the guests, including a 2 year old, and several others were wounded. Some folks don't take teasing very well. I think in this case, it got out of hand. Nobody expected this result.

https://news.google.com/newspapers?...AIBAJ&sjid=C_sDAAAAIBAJ&pg=4989,4316876&hl=en

mkgr22

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 5, 2010
    Starlight, IN
    Regarding the posters here lamenting the lack of situational awareness on the victims' part-

These TV journalists are trained to ignore everything but their coworkers and the interviewee when they are on camera.

They are constantly harassed by clowns trying to photobomb and disrupt the scene. They focus on the job, and in this case, it made them extra vulnerable.

If you watch the video the shooter posted, you will see the victims had little chance to avoid being shot, especially since they were unarmed.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Now, if this had been some guy on the South Side of Chicago and shot two innocent folks, and it wasn't on camera, how much press would the MSM and WH give it? Especially if the shooter and victims were all black?

The titillation factor in these incidents is nauseating.

Bernard Goldberg touched on this briefly in his first book "media bias"....That was the only place I had heard it until I heard actress Rene Russo's character say nearly the same thing in a recent film....I think it was called "Nightcrawler"...It's about a guy with a video camera who records tragedies and sells them to the local LA news channel....She is explaining what kind of footage they need when it comes to murder and she says something along the lines of "People kill each other every day in South Central or East LA....That isn't what we want...We want a family gunned down, preferably white....Good looking family...etc...We can run the whole "Inner City Invades the Suburbs" angle.....That's what sells.......You understand what we need now?"

That movie disturbed me because I knew it was probably a fairly accurate accurate portrayal.....

The whole time I was watching it was if I could hear Don Henley in the background singing "Dirty Laundry".....

At the 25 second mark...No where near the way I said it but close......

[video=youtube;KW-PYeXsmvY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KW-PYeXsmvY[/video]

"Think of our newscast as a screaming woman, running down the street with her throat cut..Do you understand?"
    Chilling....

Last edited:
    Top Bottom