• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Lebowski

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 6, 2013
    Between corn and soybean fields.
    I will note that after Dylann Roof shot up a church there wasn't as much uproar about gun control as there was for this. Why is that? When he shot up a church what took the heat was the Confederate Flag which was interesting to witness. Now we have a killer who specifically states in his manifesto his inspiration was from idolizing past mass shooters. But the blame is still the gun, somehow.

SMiller

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 15, 2009
    Hamilton Co.
    You can tell in the murder's movie that he's using a Glock and the media says it's a 9mm. Whether it's a 19 or 17 there will probably be a run on them now. I remember after the attempted murder on Gabby Giffords in Tucson it was made known that the vermin used a Glock 19. 19s then seemed to disappear from dealers' shelves. I know because I was coincidently looking for one at the time and they were snapped up almost instantly.

Says a G19 was recovered, luckily I already have 3 of them so not to worried.

STEEL CORE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Fishers
    F ing Oxygen Thief (cannot post what I really think about the shooter), I saw the uncut video version of the murders today after shift brief.
    ALL LIVES MATTER ...................nuff said.

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    "Think of our newscast as a screaming woman, running down the street with her throat cut..Do you understand?"
    Chilling....

That's a great movie. I loved it until it hit me how accurate it probably was.:(

I engaged some twitter troll who was calling for more "sensible" gun control. I asked what specific "sensible" steps would have stopped this specific shooter.

He said it wasn't about this specific shooting, we just need less guns in the hands of crazy people.

Fine, what specific laws do want to see passed that would keep a crazy person, like yesterday's shooter, from getting a gun?

End of conversation.:dunno:

It's funny, violent crime in the US is declining and is now at levels not seen since the early 70's. You would think that would be a big story that the media would want to get out there. You would think the .gov would be out there screaming it from the mountain tops and taking credit for it. But they don't.

A Pew Research study found 56% of Americans think shootings are up from 20 years ago. Only 12% think they are down.

If 56% of Americans thought smoking cigarettes was safe and only 12% believed they caused cancer, the public would be inundated with news stories about the harmful effects of smoking. There would be congressional hearings where tobacco executives were raked over the coals. Oh, wait, that already happened.

The only logical conclusion one can come to is that, "if it bleeds it leads" is truly the motto of the media in this country. They are not concerned with sharing accurate information if it won't help their ratings or bottom line.

As for politicians' silence, a fearful public is a public that will beg them to take away their freedom and thank them for doing so. They value that over taking credit for the remarkable decline in overall crime rates.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    This is suspect in WDBJ7 murder - ID'd by VA Police as Lester Flanagan, former employee. To his left, Alison Parker

CNV-79XW8AA85Il.png:large

NYT getting the new narrative ready... Not only is it because guns. But also the patriarchy.

https://twitter.com/juliaioffe/status/636555609437945856

So who is the guy in the middle who probably will probably have to go into hiding, after incorrectly being labeled the suspect?

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Watching a couple of different local news broadcasts this morning.

Apparently nothing other than this shooting has happened in the last 24 hours. No other murders anywhere....nothing.

Hey, local news people, your narcissicism is showing.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    Journalists seem to think they can remain above the fray. Sorry, when you're knee deep in sensationalizing it, sometimes, it might spill over. This is a tragic incident. But probably no more so than others that have happened around the country this week that we will never hear of.

Cygnus

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2009
    New England
    So who is the guy in the middle who probably will probably have to go into hiding, after incorrectly being labeled the suspect?

That guy is a very good friend of hers. I saw him interviewed last night. He could not say enough good things about her. The guy to the right is the dude she was goign to marry/had moved in with.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I listened to Smirconish on XM this morning. A guy from Newtown, CT called in. He didn't disappoint. Part of the discussion centered around the NY Daily News, and whether or not the media should show the videos or stills from the shooting. The Newtown caller said that they NEED to show the gruesome details so that "people in this country will wake up" and do something politically about guns.

I wish I had called in early enough to get on and rebut. Thinking things through rather than acting on emotion IS NOT SLEEPING. My lack of support for gun control isn't caused by a state of slumber. It is caused by thinking things through while being WIDE AWAKE! All the "common sense" gun control proposed was borne from emotion, not thinking. A thinking person clearly understands that not one "common sense" proposal would have prevented this. Go ahead and answer your own implied question. Would those reporters still be alive if we had universal background checks, 10 rnd mags, "assault" weapons bans? Heck, even registration. What the hell would that do? Why would a registered gun owner hell bent on getting revenge on society care if the gun is registered to him or not?

I'd like to ask the guy from Newtown some questions. Would those two news people be alive today if the shooter would have sought help for his mental condition? Would they be alive if the shooter would not have had the psychological suggestions from the days and days and days worth of wall-to-wall coverage of every high profile shooting in the past several years? A 'yes' answer to those questions has a much higher chance in the world of reality than to his implied quesiton.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I listened to Smirconish on XM this morning. A guy from Newtown, CT called in. He didn't disappoint. Part of the discussion centered around the NY Daily News, and whether or not the media should show the videos or stills from the shooting. The Newtown caller said that they NEED to show the gruesome details so that "people in this country will wake up" and do something politically about guns.

I wish I had called in early enough to get on and rebut. Thinking things through rather than acting on emotion IS NOT SLEEPING. My lack of support for gun control isn't caused by a state of slumber. It is caused by thinking things through while being WIDE AWAKE! All the "common sense" gun control proposed was borne from emotion, not thinking. A thinking person clearly understands that not one "common sense" proposal would have prevented this. Go ahead and answer your own implied question. Would those reporters still be alive if we had universal background checks, 10 rnd mags, "assault" weapons bans? Heck, even registration. What the hell would that do? Why would a registered gun owner hell bent on getting revenge on society care if the gun is registered to him or not?

I'd like to ask the guy from Newtown some questions. Would those two news people be alive today if the shooter would have sought help for his mental condition? Would they be alive if the shooter would not have had the psychological suggestions from the days and days and days worth of wall-to-wall coverage of every high profile shooting in the past several years? A 'yes' answer to those questions has a much higher chance in the world of reality than to his implied quesiton.

Never ever face the real reason for these incidents. Never ever use your brain for anything past a door stop.
    The gun is merely a tool not any different than a hammer. Hammers have been used to kill/injure so many people but that is not part of the Bravo Sierra movement to dis-arm the population.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    1776Defend2ndAmend
    Top Bottom