• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    There's a special place in Hell for this guy. Chilling.

I'm getting more medieval as these events appear to increase. I'd vote for putting his head on a pike and hanging it on the site of his stupidity.
    severedhead.jpg

funeralweb

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 9, 2013
    Earth/East Central I
    This individual's actions were despicable and his mental state was obviously unbalanced, just like every other time when people have lashed out violently. He was a trained journalist himself, aware of the team's ability to block out their periphery and focus on the interview subject. Assuming he stalked them to that location, I wonder how long he had been looking for his opportunity. Did he engage them earlier that morning or did he just walk up and proceed? There's plenty of training scenarios that his video provides real-world proof of, the fact that most victims never know they're a victim until the last second. The social media aspect of his video sharing going viral will has probably already got some whackjob's wheels turning as to how their own future violent event will one-up this guy.

Lebowski

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 6, 2013
    Between corn and soybean fields.
    He passed a background check .....

And he only fired 8 times. Even a ten round capacity magazine limit would not have stopped this. And he used a Glock 19, which a lot of us own, and is popular with police departments, and not a scary high capacity black 'assault rifle'... so an 'assault style rifle' ban would not have prevented this either.

Ho hum.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    And he only fired 8 times. Even a ten round capacity magazine limit would not have stopped this. And he used a Glock 19, which a lot of us own, and is popular with police departments, and not a scary high capacity black 'assault rifle'... so an 'assault style rifle' ban would not have prevented this either.

Ho hum.

Don't forget the hollow-points. If they'd only have banned hollow-points those two people would be alive. If they'd only have adopted New York's tough gun control measures with the 7rnd capacity limit he wouldn't have been able to fire that last fatal shot.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Looks as if the poor murdered young lady's father is becoming the new face of gun control. All the national news I seen yesterday had him on and today WTHR made room in the noon newscast for his anti-gun diatribe.

Lebowski

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 6, 2013
    Looks as if the poor murdered young lady's father is becoming the new face of gun control. All the national news I seen yesterday had him on and today WTHR made room in the noon newscast for his anti-gun diatribe.

Oh of course. I'm sure the anti-gun groups found his details and plagued him with phone calls in no time.

I forget the lady's name, someone close to her was killed in an act of gun violence and it made some news for a moment and she was approached by anti-gun groups to share her story and to help the anti-gun campaign. She wrote a lengthy account of it... anyone know who she was? I can't remember. Anyhow, she turned them down and more or less said she was still pro-gun even though someone she loved was senselessly killed by a gun.

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011

Ho hum.

I keep hearing reports about 8 shots but - I counted 15 which matches his weapon of choice.

Initially 8 then a small pause then 7 more before the video ended so could have been more.
    "Heavy.com" was where I saw it.......which matches his weapon of choice.

Run the killer's video all the way through.

Lebowski

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 6, 2013
    I keep hearing reports about 8 shots but - I counted 15 which matches his weapon of choice.

Initially 8 then a small pause then 7 more before the video ended so could have been more.
    "Heavy.com" was where I saw it.......which matches his weapon of choice.

Run the killer's video all the way through.

Ah, I read 8 shots. I think it was 8 in the original on-air / live broadcasting before they cut it out. Glock 19 is 15+1 so shooting an extra 7 or 8 afterwards makes sense.

I didn't watch the video the shooter himself made. I loaded it but paused and exited after he stood there with a gun pointed at the reporter for 5 seconds and decided I really didn't want to sit here and watch him kill people. I've seen lots of stuff on LiveLeak I wish I probably hadn't seen. Have seen plenty of people die in surveillance videos from acts of both self defense and sensless acts of violence. But I couldn't watch the video he uploaded, so I didn't hear the shots or count them.

But regardless, a limit on magazine capacity wouldn't have saved those people's lives. Really all he needed was two good shots to kill two people. Had he stopped after 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 or 10 shots it's quite likely they may have still died from their injuries.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Oh of course. I'm sure the anti-gun groups found his details and plagued him with phone calls in no time.

I forget the lady's name, someone close to her was killed in an act of gun violence and it made some news for a moment and she was approached by anti-gun groups to share her story and to help the anti-gun campaign. She wrote a lengthy account of it... anyone know who she was? I can't remember. Anyhow, she turned them down and more or less said she was still pro-gun even though someone she loved was senselessly killed by a gun.

I remember. But I have to think to remember who it was.

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    No matter what, it's not the guns fault but only rational humans and Vulcans understand this.

The killer killed because he is a killer.
    Now we're left to clean up his mess. The killer's a dick. :xmad:

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Ah, I read 8 shots. I think it was 8 in the original on-air / live broadcasting before they cut it out. Glock 19 is 15+1 so shooting an extra 7 or 8 afterwards makes sense.

I didn't watch the video the shooter himself made. I loaded it but paused and exited after he stood there with a gun pointed at the reporter for 5 seconds and decided I really didn't want to sit here and watch him kill people. I've seen lots of stuff on LiveLeak I wish I probably hadn't seen. Have seen plenty of people die in surveillance videos from acts of both self defense and sensless acts of violence. But I couldn't watch the video he uploaded, so I didn't hear the shots or count them.

But regardless, a limit on magazine capacity wouldn't have saved those people's lives. Really all he needed was two good shots to kill two people. Had he stopped after 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 or 10 shots it's quite likely they may have still died from their injuries.

I didn't see his video all the way through either. I just went by what I had read.

Even if he needed all 15 shots to do it. A mag change doesn't take that much time, even if he's an idiot. No one present could have stopped him. He paused for a second or two anyway. Plenty of time to do a reload.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    So since he was gay can we blame the rainbow flag and get retailers to stop selling it?

I was going to rep, but I'm out.

I thought the same thing. If it's not such a stretch to blame the church shooting on the rebel flag, why should the rainbow flag escape the same scrutiny? If one is reasonably to blame, how is the other not?

SEIndSAM

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    May 14, 2011
    Ripley County
    I was going to rep, but I'm out.

I thought the same thing. If it's not such a stretch to blame the church shooting on the rebel flag, why should the rainbow flag escape the same scrutiny? If one is reasonably to blame, how is the other not?

The key question is; Does anyone have a picture of the killer with a rainbow flag???

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    1776Defend2ndAmend
    Top Bottom