• ...and so much more!
  • Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Anyone else noticing the trend for years now of criminals being released early or being not locked up and given deals and then committing the worst crimes? When do we start holding this prosecutors and judges accountable or whoever it falls on? They need to have their faces posted on billboards with the lists of victims they helped facilitate

SMiller

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 15, 2009
    Hamilton Co.
    Anyone else noticing the trend for years now of criminals being released early or being not locked up and given deals and then committing the worst crimes? When do we start holding this prosecutors and judges accountable or whoever it falls on? They need to have their faces posted on billboards with the lists of victims they helped facilitate

"Law Abiding Citizen"...

SMiller

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 15, 2009
    Hamilton Co.
    I still have a hard time believing this guy as a child predator and all these felonies works at Chrysler.

Are we sure this guy is really not still locked up?

Isn't there a way to check on the DOC website?

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    All county prosecutor's are elected as are most judges. Go to it.

I just hope whoever you get elected is comfortable with more than a few criminals going free rather than spending less time in prison than we think is appropriate.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Some here would like to see his right of firearms possession restored because he has served his time. What says you to that?
    There is a Reason article on FB being discussed right now on how unfair we are to child predators after they get out of the pokey. I think some of them would support putting them right back in a public school.

nakinate

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 1, 2013
    Noblesville
    I would dearly love to know where this dude found a job at, so I can be sure I never trade with them.
    I understand where you're coming from, but if felons can't find work when they get out then what do you suppose they'll do to make a living? My guess is that between survival instinct and bitterness toward a society that won't let them work they would probably continue to operate outside the bounds of the law.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    All county prosecutor's are elected as are most judges. Go to it.

I just hope whoever you get elected is comfortable with more than a few criminals going free rather than spending less time in prison than we think is appropriate.
    aw I hit a nerve. if that's the case (criminals going free) then there are other issues we have to fix. The judicial system is failing.

Fargo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    In a state of acute Pork-i-docis

Early release for good time cuts or educational credits is purely a creation of the General Assembly and administered by the Dept. Of Corrections. If you think people should actually serve the years they are sentenced to, I suggest contacting your state legislators.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Early release for good time cuts or educational credits is purely a creation of the General Assembly and administered by the Dept. Of Corrections. If you think people should actually serve the years they are sentenced to, I suggest contacting your state legislators.

^^ This +100.

At a basic level, prosecutors get convictions, judges sentence, but the neither of them controls how much time is actually served.

However, recidivism is generally greater for certain offenses. It seems like there would be a rational way to specify that people with certain kinds of convictions spend more time away from society.

Building all the extra prisons and hiring all the extra guards would probably help the economy, too.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    thank you. I certainly will. I've found out especially lately that we've let our legistlators make way too many stupid choices for us

Top Bottom