• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 96firephoenix

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 15, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    Ancient Greece had a system where if you prosecuted a man and lost, you got the sentence you were trying to mete out.

I think people would be a lot more careful if we had something like that going on. You make an error with a no-knock, you personally pay the damages. You kill someone wrongly in a no-knock, say hello to Osama for me.

I'm a Christian, so they don't have much to worry about from me. I will never initiate violence, esp. since I'm not even sure violence in self-defense is the correct course.
    I'm a Christian as well, and you will see me blow someone's head clean off before you see me let my family or someone innocent get hurt. In Christian (and secular) philosophy there is a principle called the Principle of Double Effect. The PDE states that an evil act can be done with good intentions so long as the evil act is not the direct will. e.g. killing someone is an evil act. Your will when someone breaks into your house is to protect yourself and your family. As long as you leave room in your mind to do that without killing them (i.e. saying lay on the floor or I'll shoot you and then waiting for the cops to come), you can bear no moral responsibility. Thus, you are committing an evil act without evil intent. It gets a little complicated when you talk about other more complicated issues, but in a nutshell, PDE says killing someone in self-defence is OK so long as your will is the preservation of your own life rather than the taking of another life.

if anyone has questions for me about the above, please make a new thread and/or PM me.

Last edited:

jdhaines

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    Toledo, OH
    I'm a Christian, so they don't have much to worry about from me. I will never initiate violence, esp. since I'm not even sure violence in self-defense is the correct course.

Or you could stop worrying about the man in the sky and the title and make your own damn decisions about your safety and the safety of your family rather than parroting a bastardized version of rhetoric. If you bring violence to me, I'll meet it equally. One of my favorite quotes is from Il Duce in Boondock Saints 1: When asked how far they were going to take this [the killing]...he replied with

Il Duce said:
    The question is not how far. The question is, do you possess the constitution, the depth of faith, to go as far as is needed?

I like to think of it that way, albeit without the faith part for myself.

PatriotPride

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 18, 2010
    Valley Forge, PA
    I've looked at this 100 ways. If the police get my house wrong and there's a no-knock, I'm dead. My own home defense plan is the same as his, send my wife and daughter to a closet and meet the intruders with my AR-15.

If they break the door down and I'm standing there with a rifle and I see they're cops so I don't shoot, they'll shoot me because I'm holding a rifle. If I shoot a cop before I realize who they are, retreat to another room, drop the rifle and wait for them - well, history teaches us what will happen. I won't get a chance to surrender.

A no-knock warrant for someone prepared to defend themselves is a death sentence. Which is exactly why there should be yes, I'm going to say it - zero tolerance for mistakes on no-knocks.

I have not seen it explained it any clearer. Fantastic post! :yesway:

Do you have a soul?

Honest question.

+1! Don't expect an honest answer, but a good question nonetheless.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    To all those not afraid to claim Christianity.

Remember Janet Napolitano.

I am a Cristian, I carry, I will protect my family and those who are threatened in my presence.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Hey, they found a picture of Jesus Malverde. What more do you people need? Apparently such a picture was on the list of items on the warrant. I'm glad they got this picture before he could destroy it. At least now we understand why they had the raid.

Jesús Malverde - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

What's worse? A picture of Jesus Malverde or a tshirt with gang emblems on it?

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 5, 2011
    Ok, read the article...apparently using counter-surveillance against suspicious people who are clearly spying on you is "suspicious" itself.

...wait, what?

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    I agree that this was handled horribly, but what is up with the articles of police clothing?

Yes, that sounds a lot like blue pants with a stripe and a blue shirt, doesn't it?

I hope it's not black cargo pants and a pair of black lace up boots.

Top Bottom