• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    I've looked at this 100 ways. If the police get my house wrong and there's a no-knock, I'm dead. My own home defense plan is the same as his, send my wife and daughter to a closet and meet the intruders with my AR-15.

If they break the door down and I'm standing there with a rifle and I see they're cops so I don't shoot, they'll shoot me because I'm holding a rifle. If I shoot a cop before I realize who they are, retreat to another room, drop the rifle and wait for them - well, history teaches us what will happen. I won't get a chance to surrender.

A no-knock warrant for someone prepared to defend themselves is a death sentence. Which is exactly why there should be yes, I'm going to say it - zero tolerance for mistakes on no-knocks.

The flippant answer is something snide about taking some of them out with you. But the whole thing is just so disturbing even my appreciation of sarcasm thinks that goes overboard.

I see no solution to the problems you've presented. Where does that leave us? :(

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    The flippant answer is something snide about taking some of them out with you. But the whole thing is just so disturbing even my appreciation of sarcasm thinks that goes overboard.

I see no solution to the problems you've presented. Where does that leave us? :(

I dont understand? you think they should legally get away with murder or no knocks on the wrong houses?

I was agreeing with his zero tolerances comment, but his entire comment is correct because if your truly ready to defend you and your family you will most likely die as a result even if your innocent, and like he said, even if you accidently shot one not knowing it was a cop, your screwed because they will take out their revenge on you in the heat of the moment im sure. the fact that its public servants killing innocent people is the most troubling. these guys arent even military (they might think they are all secret squirrels and dress like them but they never will be).

maybe i read your response wrong? i still have a 102 degree fever so im a little loopy still. if i did forgive me.

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    Solution: End the War on Drugs. It is a bane on us all. Even the [I[innocent.[/i]

You may be my crazy tinfoil brotha', but in this case you're right on. The drug war is so much worse than the drugs, it's like an amputation of the arm for a splinter in the finger.

No knocks to find drugs? Tyranny.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    I dont understand? you think they should legally get away with murder or no knocks on the wrong houses?

I was agreeing with his zero tolerances comment, but his entire comment is correct because if your truly ready to defend you and your family you will most likely die as a result even if your innocent, and like he said, even if you accidently shot one not knowing it was a cop, your screwed because they will take out their revenge on you in the heat of the moment im sure. the fact that its public servants killing innocent people is the most troubling. these guys arent even military (they might think they are all secret squirrels and dress like them but they never will be).

maybe i read your response wrong? i still have a 102 degree fever so im a little loopy still. if i did forgive me.

Perhaps I wasn't as clear as I wanted to be. Especially for a delirious dude.

When I said I see no solutions, I meant simply that real solutions will never be enacted and all the other efforts will fall short of having any real effect. IOW, we're screwed all the way around.

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    Salem
    Isn't this Dupnik fellow the same Sheriff that started spouting crap the SECOND that Gabrielle Giffords was shot? And pointing the finger at hi-cap magazines and Rush Limbaugh and everyone else? Or is my memory failing me.

They need to get rid of a Sheriff down there. He's a disgrace to humanity, much less his office.

henktermaat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    I've looked at this 100 ways. If the police get my house wrong and there's a no-knock, I'm dead. My own home defense plan is the same as his, send my wife and daughter to a closet and meet the intruders with my AR-15.

If they break the door down and I'm standing there with a rifle and I see they're cops so I don't shoot, they'll shoot me because I'm holding a rifle. If I shoot a cop before I realize who they are, retreat to another room, drop the rifle and wait for them - well, history teaches us what will happen. I won't get a chance to surrender.

A no-knock warrant for someone prepared to defend themselves is a death sentence. Which is exactly why there should be yes, I'm going to say it - zero tolerance for mistakes on no-knocks.

I have not seen it said better than this.

Keyser Soze

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    So any word if this was the correct address? They seized something. If he was involved in illegal activity he should have been expecting police.

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake

MinuteManMike

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 28, 2008
    Lawrence, IN
    I hate to say it, but it sure looks as though our "authorities" are going to keep pushing on every freedom front until they get an open revolt and shooting war on their hands.

I'm a Christian, so they don't have much to worry about from me. I will never initiate violence, esp. since I'm not even sure violence in self-defense is the correct course.

But I sure as Hell will not aid them in their evil cause. And I will not shed tears over dead tyrants and their minions. They vote their conscience every time something like this happens AND THE LAW DOES NOTHING.

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    I hate to say it, but it sure looks as though our "authorities" are going to keep pushing on every freedom front until they get an open revolt and shooting war on their hands.

I'm a Christian, so they don't have much to worry about from me. I will never initiate violence, esp. since I'm not even sure violence in self-defense is the correct course.

But I sure as Hell will not aid them in their evil cause. And I will not shed tears over dead tyrants and their minions. They vote their conscience every time something like this happens AND THE LAW DOES NOTHING.

do you carry a gun?

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    I'm a Christian, so they don't have much to worry about from me.

What does that have to do with the topic at hand?

I will never initiate violence, esp. since I'm not even sure violence in self-defense is the correct course.

I'm a Christian, but you will see me in hell before I bend over for armed intruders and willingly let my family get hurt...I have nothing illegal in my house, much like Mr. Guerena(since TPD won't release any info, why shouldn't we believe that?).

Top Bottom