• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dburkhead

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    It was "hundreds or thousands"...read it again before you rant. You and Pelosi apparently have at least something in common. And you say "under 3000" like that would be an acceptable number to account for you not to be inconvenienced. While I hear your ideas...I just don't happen to agree with them.

As for "reading before you rant" you might try actually reading what I have said. Your continuing to conflate concerns about liberty and the Constitution with "being inconvenienced" is reaching epic proportions. If you actually believe that my concern is "being inconvenienced" then you prove that you do not "hear" what I have to say. Whether that is deliberate or not, I have no way of knowing.

Furthermore the assumption that the current trampling on individual liberty in the name of security is the best, or even a particularly good, means of actually providing for reasonably safe (since "completely safe" is an unobtainable bugaboo) air travel is dubious at best.

So far your tactics have consisted of:

- Waving the bloody shirt. ("Look at all the people who have died! We must do something!")
    - The very popular technique of assuming shifting ground (where, for example, if someone disagrees over methods, assume that they don't care about the goals said method is claimed to bring bout).
    - And the ever popular proof by repeated assertion.

Every one of those is a logical fallacy.

Last edited:

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    Why not just do away with the TSA, allowing everyone who has permit/license to carry the ability to do. Think of the money you would save the Government...

techres

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Why not just do away with the TSA, allowing everyone who has permit/license to carry the ability to do. Think of the money you would save the Government...

Answers:

From the Left: Because all of those workers are now loyal, low wage, gov't workers who are more likely to vote Dem.

From the Right: Because security and safety can only be ratcheted up, never down no matter what. Threat levels only go one way.

From the Libertarians: Tears of frustration...

Top Bottom