• Status
    Not open for further replies.

GREEN607

Master
    Rating - 99%
    99   1   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    INDIANAPOLIS
    If someone's comments on the internet gets you "steaming" you need to seek psychological counseling. "Oh no someone disagrees with me and I refuse to control myself and take a breath!"

Geesh! You don't even recognize humor when you read it. That's what blind loyalty will do to you. You missed the 'smilie grin' at the end of my post.... and you even quoted it.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    As in making them pay tax? If churches are going to pay tax then they have every right to freely speak politically. I mean, we should have done this from the beginning. Or does this mean that I'll be able to start my own church in my garage, not pay tax, and endorse candidates?

No, as in preventing them from LOSING their tax exempt status if they say something political.

Super Bee

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Fort Wayne

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    “She had a pen in her hand, which could have been a knife.” - Donald Trump

HE'S STILL GOING. How many times do you need to change your story before you just stop and apologize for your campaign manager?

Imagine this same behavior as President.

1. I don't know her.
    2. I didn't touch her.
    3. Alright I touched her, but it wasn't that bad.
    4. Look she was comin' at us with a knife or something.

Edit: Trump just blamed Cruz for the PAC ad about Meliana on Anderson Cooper. Cooper said Cruz wasn't behind it, Trump says he was, Cooper says "That's the argument of a 5-year-old."

Edit2: Trump just said he won't promise to support the GOP nominee if it isn't him. Thanks for that pointless pledge, Reince.

Last edited:

GREEN607

Master
    Rating - 99%
    99   1   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    INDIANAPOLIS
    Winner. . Maybe he would sue the churchs too. And cue the Trump apologist in . . . . 3. . . 2. . . 1

"One of the things I'm going to do if I win... I'm going to open up our libel laws so when they write purposely negative and horrible and false articles, we can sue them and win lots of money,"

Donald Trump wants to 'open up' libel laws so he can sue press - Feb. 26, 2016

Excellent post.

And the Trumpers just keep following this guy around, who doesn't even realize that it is Congress that write laws, not the Executive branch. If Trump were actually elected President, it would be an extremely chaotic, unproductive four years.

Er, correction; Trump would likely be impeached before his four years were up....

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    Winner. . Maybe he would sue the churchs too. And cue the Trump apologist in . . . . 3. . . 2. . . 1

"One of the things I'm going to do if I win... I'm going to open up our libel laws so when they write purposely negative and horrible and false articles, we can sue them and win lots of money,"

Donald Trump wants to 'open up' libel laws so he can sue press - Feb. 26, 2016

Doesn't require proof or evidence? Because if there's proof they aren't lying, then how can they get in trouble? For that matter, how do you know he wasn't just trolling the media for additional air time and free advertisement since he knows his base HATES the media?

Excellent post.

And the Trumpers just keep following this guy around, who doesn't even realize that it is Congress that write laws, not the Executive branch. If Trump were actually elected President, it would be an extremely chaotic, unproductive four years.

Er, correction; Trump would likely be impeached before his four years were up....

Keep telling yourself that. He continues to say he despises executive orders and has no desire to exploit them, which automatically means half his policies are dead in the water to begin with.

People have such wrong impressions on all sides. In reality he's a moderate who probably won't accomplish a whole lot but will be an entertaining shake up. I think he has potential to do great things, but it'd require a good working relationship with congress, which I'm not sure how it'll end up one way or another.

Ultimately, regardless what any poll says, he's going to be the best shot of keeping hillary out of the white house. His life has been in front of a camera and in the public eye, there's not a lot of skeletons left for the democrats to go after, and he knows how to manipulate the media in a way to disadvantage hillary.

Last edited:

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    holy hell Trump just quadrupled-down on this.

This isn't a retweet. This isn't a manual RT. This is a typed out tweet, from Trump's account, with pictures zooming in on a pen or something in Fields' hand... implying she was going to harm him?

6dzaa9z.png

The irony here is that Fields was doing to Trump exactly what she's accused Lewandowski of doing to her: intentional and unwanted "touching".

The press conference was over. Trump and his entourage were leaving. Fields muscled her way between some of Trump's people and Trump, and tried to grab him.

(Lewandowski's story is that he was moving to place himself where he was originally: next to Trump, where Fields had no business being.)

Also, I'll pull the links if you want me to, but Fields has a history of making these sorts of allegations: one against Allen West, one against the police clearing out an Occupy mob, and one other.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    I can understand. But what I was referring to was Chip asking "Weakest battery charge in history?" And his statement "I didn't follow it closely enough, because I thought it was a nothing-burger all along (as now-confirmed by the charging document)." And how he got that from the charging doc.

The charging document basically said: he touched her, therefore he touched her. IMHO, that's pretty weak, with respect to a criminal act.

It's called "blind loyalty" man. And Chip is the consummate engineer of it...

You know, putting me on ignore isn't very effective, if you keep talking about me.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    The irony here is that Fields was doing to Trump exactly what she's accused Lewandowski of doing to her: intentional and unwanted "touching".

The press conference was over. Trump and his entourage were leaving. Fields muscled her way between some of Trump's people and Trump, and tried to grab him.

(Lewandowski's story is that he was moving to place himself where he was originally: next to Trump, where Fields had no business being.)

Also, I'll pull the links if you want me to, but Fields has a history of making these sorts of allegations: one against Allen West, one against the police clearing out an Occupy mob, and one other.

Yep. EXACTLY. The same. Because the videos show Fields manhandling Trump. She obviously grabbed his arm and forcibly yanked him back.

I'll tell you what. Try an experiment. Since what Lewandowski did was so benign, I'd imagine your wife might indulge you in an experiment. Have your wife walk in front of you at a similar pace as this incident. Grab her arm and pull her back such that her movement is halted as abruptly as the videos show. Then ask her under what circumstances should the level of force required to do that be acceptable for a man to do to a woman. I suppose there might be some circumstance. Perhaps saving someone from stepping off a cliff. This circumstance? No.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    Yep. EXACTLY. The same. Because the videos show Fields manhandling Trump. She obviously grabbed his arm and forcibly yanked him back.

I'll tell you what. Try an experiment. Since what Lewandowski did was so benign, I'd imagine your wife might indulge you in an experiment. Have your wife walk in front of you at a similar pace as this incident. Grab her arm and pull her back such that her movement is halted as abruptly as the videos show. Then ask her under what circumstances should the level of force required to do that be acceptable for a man to do to a woman. I suppose there might be some circumstance. Perhaps saving someone from stepping off a cliff. This circumstance? No.

Her movement needed to be halted, because she had no business trying to approach/make contact with Trump. She tried to muscle her way between Trump's detail and Trump, and was rightfully and lawfully prevented from doing so.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Yeah, this whole thing was overblown from the beginning. A non-story, but trump's campaign ego made it worse by denying and smearing her. We wouldn't be talking about it if the dude manned up and apologized.

And yes, she probably wanted to be the story rather than report it.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    Yeah, this whole thing was overblown from the beginning. A non-story, but trump's campaign ego made it worse by denying and smearing her. We wouldn't be talking about it if the dude manned up and apologized.

It doesn't look like there's anything for which the Trump campaign should apologize.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Her movement needed to be halted, because she had no business trying to approach/make contact with Trump. She tried to muscle her way between Trump's detail and Trump, and was rightfully and lawfully prevented from doing so.

Oh, yeah. She's a very muscular young lady. Body guard Lewandowski was barely able to fend her off from Trump. But good save. :rolleyes:

Rightfully and lawfully prevented? I'm sorry if I'm coming off like a jerk. This kind of blind devotion brings it out.

This is exactly the situation. This would never have been a story if Trump's ego hadn't have made it one.

It doesn't look like there's anything for which the Trump campaign should apologize.

sigh.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011

This is not right. It might be what the campaign said, and what the defendant will say, but it is wrong.

It is a media scrum. Sharp elbows and hubris are the tools of the trade. Media in that room are allowed "inside the security detail" (whatever that means) and jockey for position to do so. If not, why was it not the security personnel doing the dragging instead of the campaign boss? That's not his job. She was not alone in trying to get access to Trump, not then and not at other events. Yet, apparently, she was the only one treated like that.

There are a thousand reasons why the defendant didn't want her to have that access - personal reasons, maybe he didn't like what she was asking, maybe he knew what she was asking about and hadn't briefed him on it, who knows. He shouldn't have handled it like that. He's supposed to have sharper elbows, quicker feet, and more dominating hubris if he wants to prevent it. Heck, he's being paid to prevent it without becoming the story. Part of the job description in big time campaigns.

And that's the real party foul here. He's taking the story away from his candidate. That's why he should be fired.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    Oh, yeah. She's a very muscular young lady. Body guard Lewandowski was barely able to fend her off from Trump. But good save. :rolleyes:

Rightfully and lawfully prevented? I'm sorry if I'm coming off like a jerk. This kind of blind devotion brings it out.

You don't seem to understand the definition of "blind devotion", if you have read the bulk of my posts regarding Trump, and still assert that such a term applies to me.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    This is not right. It might be what the campaign said, and what the defendant will say, but it is wrong.

It is a media scrum. Sharp elbows and hubris are the tools of the trade. Media in that room are allowed "inside the security detail" (whatever that means) and jockey for position to do so.

Untrue. The media event was over. Trump was leaving.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom