Not open for further replies.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    BRK: Trump campaign manager Corey Lewandowski charged in alleged battery of Breitbart reporter. Arrested this morning

All they had to do was say “oops, sorry."

https://twitter.com/ABCPolitics/status/714830594828578816

Weakest battery charge in history?

CeuXo9OWwAAjyir.jpg

Lewandowski then grabbed Fields left arm with his right hand, causing her to turn and step back. This motion cleared a path for Lewandowski to walk past Fields, allowing him to "catch up" and get closer to Trump, who was walking during this entire incident.

Based on the above-described investigation, probable cause exists to charge Corey Lewandowski...with (1) count of Simple Battery... in that he did intentionally touch Michelle Fields... against the will of Michell Fields.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Weakest battery charge in history?

Absolutely. Not sure if what we see constitutes a crime, but the accused did publicly lie about it and smear accuser.

Edit: apparently any unwanted touching that results in fear is a crime?

I'm more interested in the Breitbart schadenfreude over it.

Edit:

Stephen Miller said:
    So basically Trump is now going to tweet a holocaust denial to get the news cycle off Lewandowski

Jimmy Princeton said:
    Don't worry about Corey, the Aryans will protect him inside.

Last edited:

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    Absolutely. Not sure if what we see constitutes a crime, but the accused did publicly lie about it and smear accuser.

I'll take your word for it that he lied about it. I didn't follow it closely enough, because I thought it was a nothing-burger all along (as now-confirmed by the charging document). Did he know who she was? Does he even remember doing it?

As for Fields: she deserves to be smeared over such an incident. She reacted like a four-year-old, instead of as the adult she purports to be.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011

Edit: apparently any unwanted touching that results in fear is a crime?

I'm more interested in the Breitbart schadenfreude over it.

Edit:

It does in Indiana (and fear isn't a component). It is a weak charge, but technically fits the definition of battery. It doesn't help that the guy lied either.

GREEN607

Master
    Rating - 99%
    99   1   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    INDIANAPOLIS
    I'll take your word for it that he lied about it. I didn't follow it closely enough, because I thought it was a nothing-burger all along (as now-confirmed by the charging document). Did he know who she was? Irrelevant, and you know it. Does he even remember doing it? Why, was he that drunk?

As for Fields: she deserves to be smeared over such an incident. She reacted like a four-year-old, instead of as the adult she purports to be.

Happened in Florida, and after reviewing their statutes on same.... he should be grateful he is only being charged with 'simple battery'. They could have easily gone after more serious charges on this. Look at the pic...
    https://images.search.yahoo.com/ima...search.yahoo.com&hsimp=yhs-att_001&hspart=att

Trump is, today standing behind Lewandowski, when (if he were smart) he should be firing him!

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    Happened in Florida, and after reviewing their statues on same.... he should be grateful he is only being charged with 'simple battery'. They could have easily gone after more serious charges on this. Look at the pic...

With respect to your inline-quote comments: whether Lewandowski knew that it was Fields that he moved out of the way, and whether he even remembers the incident, would, in fact, factor into whether or not he was lying about the incident. I don't know if he was lying, and am not arguing that he wasn't lying.

As to what matters from a legal perspective: he's only being charged with "simple battery", presumably, because they have no evidence for a more serious charge. He did nothing more than move her out of the way of his path, and there is no evidence that those bruises are a result of Lewandowski's "unwanted touching".

GREEN607

Master
    Rating - 99%
    99   1   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    INDIANAPOLIS
    As to what matters from a legal perspective: he's only being charged with "simple battery", presumably, because they have no evidence for a more serious charge. He did nothing more than move her out of the way of his path, and there is no evidence that those bruises are a result of Lewandowski's "unwanted touching".

Yes. There is. Another reporter was right there (he being from a different ​news outlet) who witnessed the battery and spoke with Fields right after, even suggesting she complain directly to Trump.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    Yes. There is. Another reporter was right there (he being from a different ​news outlet) who witnessed the battery and spoke with Fields right after, even suggesting she complain directly to Trump.

There is certainly, undoubtedly evidence that Lewandowski touched Fields. That much is beyond dispute.

What there is no evidence of, however, is that Lewandowski caused the bruising, or that the bruising evidences a stronger charge than "simple battery".

GREEN607

Master
    Rating - 99%
    99   1   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    INDIANAPOLIS
    There is certainly, undoubtedly evidence that Lewandowski touched Fields. That much is beyond dispute.

What there is no evidence of, however, is that Lewandowski caused the bruising, or that the bruising evidences a stronger charge than "simple battery".

At the very good advice of another INGO member, I will no longer 'wrestle with pigs'. Time to utilize the IGNORE feature.

​Enjoy the "group W" bench...

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    At the very good advice of another INGO member, I will no longer 'wrestle with pigs'. Time to utilize the IGNORE feature.

​Enjoy the "group W" bench...

Even by INGO standards, this seems like a very cheap reason to draw out the Ignore button.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    I'll take your word for it that he lied about it. I didn't follow it closely enough, because I thought it was a nothing-burger all along (as now-confirmed by the charging document). Did he know who she was? Does he even remember doing it?

Actually worse. She reacted like a soccer player trying to draw a foul against the other team

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    RedMurph
    Top Bottom