• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    It is pretty easy to get pudly and jamil confused.... lack of upper case letters, Darth Vader avatars, similar facial hair, etc.

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    Bill Whittle is an excellent spokesman for the Conservative point of view. As Chip mentioned, he is a converted Liberal. I see his info almost daily on pjtv.com. Being unwilling to vote for one or more GOP candidates certainly isn't a unique point of view these days.

No it's not. I was asking Chip because he has stated that nobody could be a Repub if they didn't vote for the GOP candidate over Hillary.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Might be of interest to the Secret Service

Trump tombstone appears in Central Park | Washington Examiner

CepSit3WQAAE2H4.jpg:large

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    No it's not. I was asking Chip because he has stated that nobody could be a Repub if they didn't vote for the GOP candidate over Hillary.

This video? He stated it in it.

What did he say about Clinton?

Didn't say anything about Clinton, just that he has stated he would go third party in the instances mentioned.

Lads. Please. I just don't see a purpose worth pursuing. Chip thinks Republicans should vote for Republicans. That doesn't seem outrageous. It's just an opinion. Personally, I think Republicans can vote for whomever they want and still carry the card. Will someone wrestle it away?

And I don't think Bill Whittle is a Republican anyway, but I don't think that matters either way. He's an opinionated conservative pundit who said he stands by what he said, that he would vote 3rd party before voting for two particular "Republican" turds. If he's a card carrying Republican, perhaps he believes those two Republicans aren't actually Republicans and so he won't vote for them. If he's not a Republican, surely both of you would say his status as a not-republican is not affected by whomever he votes for.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    *sigh* Ok, I'll play translator again.

Ladies. Puhlease. You guys are randomly typing words and phrases that don't align in any meaningful way. Chip thinks Republicans should vote for Republicans. That doesn't seem American, but it is what it is. Personally, I think Republicans can vote for both conservative and ultra-conservative Republicans. Or Libertarians.

And I don't think Bill Whittle is a man anyway, but I don't think that matters either way. He's an opinionated conservative pundit who said he stands by himself in front of the mirror and listens to Wagner. If he's a card carrying card-carrier, perhaps he believes only Republicans should listen to Wagner. Or Strauss.

Happy to help. :)

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    An Open Letter to Trump Voters from His Top Strategist-Turned-Defector

I'll say it again: Trump never intended to be the candidate. But his pride is too out of control to stop him now.

You can give Trump the biggest gift possible if you are a Trump supporter: stop supporting him.

He doesn't want the White House. He just wants to be able to say that he could have run the White House. He’s achieved that already and then some. If there is any question, take it from someone who was recruited to help the candidate succeed, and initially very much wanted him to do so.

The hard truth is: Trump only cares about Trump.

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    Lets just crunch some numbers here real fast as to how the race is going so far.
    Total number of pledged delegates thus far - 1347
    "The Don" - 739 or 54.86%
    "Lyin" Ted Cruz - 465 or 34.52%
    "Crazy" Kasich - 143 or 10.62%

In order to take the nomination and avoid a brokered convention a candidate would need 1237 delegates.

As of right now there are exactly 944 delegates still available, so lets do some more math shall we.

Trump - Needs 498 more delegates
    Cruz - Needs 772 more delegates
    Kasich - Needs 1094 more delegates

This is where the math gets very very fun (Well at least for me anyways) showing what percentage the candidates need to win of the remaining delegates in order to secure the nomination and avoid this going to an open convention

Trump - 52.75% of remaining delegates
    Cruz - 81.78% of remaining delegates
    Kasich - 115.89% of remaining delegates

So judging by the above mentioned numbers Trump just outright winning the primaries is a very real and likely possibility at this point.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Lets just crunch some numbers here real fast as to how the race is going so far.
    Total number of pledged delegates thus far - 1347
    "The Don" - 739 or 54.86%
    "Lyin" Ted Cruz - 465 or 34.52%
    "Crazy" Kasich - 143 or 10.62%

In order to take the nomination and avoid a brokered convention a candidate would need 1237 delegates.

As of right now there are exactly 944 delegates still available, so lets do some more math shall we.

Trump - Needs 498 more delegates
    Cruz - Needs 772 more delegates
    Kasich - Needs 1094 more delegates

This is where the math gets very very fun (Well at least for me anyways) showing what percentage the candidates need to win of the remaining delegates in order to secure the nomination and avoid this going to an open convention

Trump - 52.75% of remaining delegates
    Cruz - 81.78% of remaining delegates
    Kasich - 115.89% of remaining delegates

So judging by the above mentioned numbers Trump just outright winning the primaries is a very real and likely possibility at this point.

And that's why people who do campaigns professionally get paid pretty well. That a solid armchair amateur perspective. One that completely ignores things like regionalism, demographics, and committee rules.

Now that I mention it, I think you could be Trump's campaign boss!

Really, your observation that Trump needs just over 50% of the remaining delegates to win outright is the key. Sure, it looks easy based on his past results, but if you actually look at a map, you might see the problem.

So, the other end of this horse is that if Trump can't close the deal, the girl might end up leaving the dance with the other guy.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    RedMurph
    Top Bottom