Not open for further replies.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Hold up. I'm not following you on this one. It looks to me like he is attacking her, albeit in a vague, lame way. Bringing up her lies doesn't exactly help her.

I guess in my ideal candidate, I see them calling out each of her lies. Hammering away at Comey's description of her crimes, and failure to indict.

"She is soooooo guilty" isn't an attack. It's a passing tweet from an unserious candidate. He's yet to lay into Clinton in any meaningful way. Calling her "Crooked Hillary" isn't doing damage. If he cared about taking her down, he would focus on why she's crooked. Name-calling isn't enough.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    I guess in my ideal candidate, I see them calling out each of her lies. Hammering away at Comey's description of her crimes, and failure to indict.

"She is soooooo guilty" isn't an attack. It's a passing tweet from an unserious candidate. He's yet to lay into Clinton in any meaningful way. Calling her "Crooked Hillary" isn't doing damage. If he cared about taking her down, he would focus on why she's crooked. Name-calling isn't enough.

Ah, ok, I can see that.

Part of the problem is reliance on Twitter and its short-attention-span audience. (Present company excluded, of course.) ;) I see the conclusory nature of it as by necessity. For him to win, he will have to do a better job at presenting his case to the public (I think), but for now, this appears to be sufficient.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    This is an attack on Clinton

Senator Ted Cruz's Powerful Response to the FBI's Decision Regarding Clinton's Email Scandal | RedState

Rubio predicts FBI decision is 'not the end' of Clinton scandals - POLITICO

Sen Rand Paul: Hillary Clinton Should Not Be Above the Law

Ryan: 'Hillary Clinton Clearly Lives Above the Law'

I'm not seeing the same from Trump. I want to see him use this for good. He's squandering it with tween angst and no substance.

And I'm not saying this just on the e-mail situation. His entire campaign has been light on her. My frustration with it is that he's handing her the Presidency. I thought when it was 1v1 he'd finally start attacking her... but no. He has more to say about the GOP and GOP leaders than he does his "opponent"

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    So wait, Trump's social media director used to be (and maybe still is) his golf caddy? It would be funny, if it wasn't true. Play close attention folks, this election is truly the start of our nation becoming the world of "Idiocracy."....regardless of who you support.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    So wait, Trump's social media director used to be (and maybe still is) his golf caddy? It would be funny, if it wasn't true. Play close attention folks, this election is truly the start of our nation becoming the world of "Idiocracy."....regardless of who you support.

I just want a do-over. Knowing it's all just a big mistake, can't we just call a mulligan and start the primary season all over again? Please?

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Wow. Just went to his website. In the Press Releases section, there are several items related to HRC, including a fairly comprehensive one about the lack of indictment recommendation.

But, in the Media Releases section, there's an odd feature.

Why Donald Trump Is The Last Great Hope For Globalization | Donald J Trump for President

It appears to be taken from an opinion piece by Anthony Scaramucci of Forbes. It concludes with:
    Donald Trump’s entrepreneurial approach to fixing trade and immigration is the last great hope for saving globalization.

I'm SMH a little. Either "globalization" doesn't mean what I've thought it means, or it doesn't mean what they think it means.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Wow. Just went to his website. In the Press Releases section, there are several items related to HRC, including a fairly comprehensive one about the lack of indictment recommendation.

Why Donald Trump Is The Last Great Hope For Globalization | Donald J Trump for President

It appears to be taken from an opinion piece by Anthony Scaramucci of Forbes. It concludes with:

I'm SMH a little. Either "globalization" doesn't mean what I've thought it means, or it doesn't mean what they think it means.

I think his angle is that current trade isn't really free and it isn't really fair. That pisses off the masses which can be a bad thing in democratic countries, because they can vote with their middle fingers. The UK can tell the EU to **** right the hell off.

So, if Trump can negotiate better deals with the world, then the US won't become a powder keg waiting for the spark that sets off an anti-globalization explosion.

At least I think that's what he was saying.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    I think his angle is that current trade isn't really free and it isn't really fair. That pisses off the masses which can be a bad thing in democratic countries, because they can vote with their middle fingers. The UK can tell the EU to **** right the hell off.

So, if Trump can negotiate better deals with the world, then the US won't become a powder keg waiting for the spark that sets off an anti-globalization explosion.

At least I think that's what he was saying.

Yeah, I can sorta see his reasoning. But... if you're Donald Trump... do you want that on your website? I mean, it looks like Scarmucci might've gotten something like an SEO ninja-level achievement. He used buzzwords like "negotiate better trade deals" and "rescue the middle class" to get Trump to re-post his opinion. But, it is Solzhenitsyn level not-what-you-think-it-is.

Does Trump really think his supporters are rallying around him because they hold out hope for globalization?

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011

You mean globalization isn't a conservative ideal? I could've sworn Herbert Walker was all about the NWO.

two70

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Feb 5, 2016
    Johnson
    This is what gets under my skin. When Hillary wins in November all these Trumpers are going to point fingers at Republicans and say, "it's your fault!", instead of acknowledging that they picked this loser in the primaries and hamstrung the GOP.

Somehow compounding one big mistake with a worse one doesn't seem like a viable solution to the problem.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I think your original comments were all too clear so why try to obfuscate now?

Stick around bro, you'll see me say or mean things that aren't even post or implied. Apparently my mind is easy to read.... which never made sense to me considered how many time people as for clarification.

two70

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Feb 5, 2016
    Johnson
    Not quite.

The Republicans default is to oppose a Democratic President. However, is not so easy for a Republican Congress to oppose a Republican President.

Have you been paying any attention lately? Republicans eat their own with regularity and often with little provocation. What they haven't done lately is oppose Democrats in any meaningful way. With the media constantly attacking Republicans and defending democrats, the easiest thing for a Republican to do is to attach another Republican and the most difficult is to oppose a Democrat.

Ericpwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI
    This thread has so had it.
    Trump called the media dogs, now they hate him. Flipping through the channels last night they were talking about the star thing. The Trump person told the host that the guy that tweeted it's wife was Jewish. He cut her off saying he's dated Jewish women, and how offended he was.
    The media doesn't care about the facts, they're at War. They'll twist anything.

My wife actually listen to his speech yesterday and thought his response to the FBI was delivered well. I'll trust her before I have to click a link.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    This thread has so had it.

Yes.

Trump called the media dogs, now they hate him.

Heh, no. See T.Lex above.

Flipping through the channels last night they were talking about the star thing. The Trump person told the host that the guy that tweeted it's wife was Jewish.

Impossible to know. The person that made it was an anonymous Twitter user that called themselves a "comedian". They had a history of anti-Semitic content. The "Trump person" you reference had to be talking out of their ass.

Regardless... ideally that entire situation is over. Although it was getting entertaining watching Trump supporters say "sheriff's badge" with a straight face.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne

Still tying with broken fingers? ;)

- JK (who used the backspace key about twenty times to type that)

Ericpwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI
    Impossible to know. The person that made it was an anonymous Twitter user that called themselves a "comedian". They had a history of anti-Semitic content. The "Trump person" you reference had to be talking out of their ass.

Regardless... ideally that entire situation is over. Although it was getting entertaining watching Trump supporters say "sheriff's badge" with a straight face.

Donald Trump aide apologizes for 'star of David' anti-Hillary Clinton tweet | Daily Mail Online

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom