• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

17 squirrel

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 15, 2013
    I am watching this idiocy unfold. I am guessing the protesters aren't conservatives. The liberals need to condemn this. But that won't. They will say it's just freedom of speech. What about the freedom of speech of the conservatives that is being suppressed. It's not a 2 way street. Really sad.

And in all honesty I am not surprised. This is a sudo conservative walking in to the heart of ultra liberalism. Stupid move Trump.

Apparently the 10,000 that showed up for Trump's Event aren't Ultra Liberal.
    Should they not be able to have there free speech time in a private venue without being accosted ??

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    I am watching this idiocy unfold. I am guessing the protesters aren't conservatives. The liberals need to condemn this. But they won't. They will say it's just freedom of speech. What about the freedom of speech of the conservatives that is being suppressed. It's not a 2 way street. Really sad.

And in all honesty I am not surprised. This is a sudo conservative walking in to the heart of ultra liberalism. Stupid move Trump.

Stupid?

You realize how much media exposure he's going to get off this? This is exposing the opposition perfectly for what it is and will be referenced continually.

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    That sounds very much like what many have asked of Trump concerning his speech, but the "conservatives" have said nothing.

I am not sticking up for Trump I can't stand him. But this reaction is just stupid. But he has a right to free speech.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    Should they not be able to have there free speech time in a private venue without being accosted ??

They don't follow their own rules! They make you go online to get a ticket and then they don't even honor the tickets for those who show up hours early. Trump can't even run a rally and won't be able to run this country.

17 squirrel

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 15, 2013
    Well, I'm sure we got here because Trump was just being so nice and kind. His words were nothing but incendiary, bigoted and hateful. So, let's not examine the result without looking at the cause.

I'll put it this way, my opinion is, if someone is having a event that involves the 1st Amendment and others show up that they don't agree with and cause disruption and that causing the event to be canceled,
    The folks that showed up uninvited need to be turned around and sent home, if they don't leave time to start arresting folks.

And where is it that HE keeps spewing hate ?? Can you fill me in ??

Woah there buddy, specifically what has he said that was incendiary, bigoted, and hateful?

I hear it all the time yet nobody is willing to point out specifics.

Come-on Que,
    You keep saying things like Trump says incendiary, bigoted, and hateful things and you have been asked a few times to post where and when he says these things. So far nothing :dunno:

You know what, don't answer that question .. I really don't care what you have to say.. It will just be anger and venomous..

Last edited:

17 squirrel

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 15, 2013
    You know what Que, man you are just way too angry to have a conversation with.
    Good Luck, and be careful what you think America should be, you just might get it..

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    Stupid?

You realize how much media exposure he's going to get off this? This is exposing the opposition perfectly for what it is and will be referenced continually.

This is exactly what will happen, but PEACEFUL PROTESTERS (as seen MANY times) being hit and spat on is not indicative of what Trump and his supporters are? Trump has called for violence at his relies and vowed to pay the legal fees, but this is not an indicator is he type of person he is? I just don't understand this. He is a dangerous man and cares nothing for the people of this country.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    This is exactly what will happen, but PEACEFUL PROTESTERS (as seen MANY times) being hit and spat on is not indicative of what Trump and his supporters are? Trump has called for violence at his relies and vowed to pay the legal fees, but this is not an indicator is he type of person he is? I just don't understand this. He is a dangerous man and cares nothing for the people of this country.

So Trump is not allowed to make a joke after the ridiculous number of times he's had to deal with violent and crazy protesters busting into his rallies?

Good lord, the audience was laughing at his statement.

And as far as that goes, if it isn't a joke, then lets see you produce evidence of him paying for his supporter's legal fees. Someone has already been jailed over it.

Lets draw a comparison for a minute. How many times have Trump supporters gone out rioting and destroying people's vehicles with bats and hammers, compared to how many times his opposition has?

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    You know what Que, man you are just way too angry to have a conversation with.
    Good Luck, and be careful what you think America should be, you just might get it..

I am not sure how you deduce that from my posts, but not the same from yours. Exactly how are my words demonstrating anger, but not yours?

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Stupid?

Here's something you may not realize. This only helps Trump keep his supporters. It won't help him in the general election. This isn't the help you think it is. Trump may be able to beat Hillary because Hillary's unfavorability is also high, and maybe as many democrats won't show up for her as republicans won't show up for Trump. But he's giving them a reason to show up. He needs to get a handle on this.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    So Trump is not allowed to make a joke after the ridiculous number of times he's had to deal with violent and crazy protesters busting into his rallies?

Good lord, the audience was laughing at his statement.

And as far as that goes, if it isn't a joke, then lets see you produce evidence of him paying for his supporter's legal fees. Someone has already been jailed over it.

I'm sure they were laughing and I have no proof or desire to know what Trump does with his money. Most know that people in power and with influence can say things in a certain way to cause action.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    I'm sure they were laughing and I have no proof or desire to know what Trump does with his money. Most know that people in power and with influence can say things in a certain way to cause action.

So you're alleging that Trump is trying to stir his supporters to assault protesters and generally be unlawful?

You do realize that would DESTROY his campaign in short order, right? In fact, it's ILLEGAL for him to do that.

17 squirrel

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 15, 2013
    It amazes me that the younger generation can think it's OK to interrupt someone free speech..
    If things like this continue, we as a Nation found on certain rights are F'ed

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    Both side should be free to speak. I don't see conservatives shutting down any Sanders/Clinton events. Why is that??

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    So you're alleging that Trump is trying to stir his supporters to assault protesters and generally be unlawful?

You do realize that would DESTROY his campaign in short order, right? In fact, it's ILLEGAL for him to do that.

It's not what I'm alleging, it's what he has done and it has been seen by the world. If it's illegal I don't know. I guess it's free speech.

Tripp11

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Fishers, IN
    I've only listened to a sampling of the "talking heads" from various networks, but what I fail to understand is - why would someone go attend a rally for someone they don't agree with? Why would you simply go to a rally simply to disrupt the rally?

Makes no sense to me.

I don't much care for anything GenCon related, but you don't see me going down to their convention trying to ruin it. I don't much care for Susan Brooks, but the thought of going to one of her town halls or rallies (when trying to be elected) simply to disrupt never even crossed my mind.

Further, the fact that any group of people are allowed to stop vehicular traffic for hours on end and not be arrested simply baffles me.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    Not sure if srs?

Well if it's so obvious and so wide spread, finding me a transcript or video of him doing these things should be easy for you, no?

I've only listened to a sampling of the "talking heads" from various networks, but what I fail to understand is - why would someone go attend a rally for someone they don't agree with? Why would you simply go to a rally simply to disrupt the rally?

Makes no sense to me.

I don't much care for anything GenCon related, but you don't see me going down to their convention trying to ruin it. I don't much care for Susan Brooks, but the thought of going to one of her town halls or rallies (when trying to be elected) simply to disrupt never even crossed my mind.

They went there looking to start a riot and attack Trump supporters.

Why else would they be carrying bats and hammers and destroying people's cars?

It's not what I'm alleging, it's what he has done and it has been seen by the world. If it's illegal I don't know. I guess it's free speech.

Speaking to a group to encourage them to carry out unlawful actions is illegal.

There's plenty of supreme court cases on it.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Why are all the Chicago police officers fat? I mean. I'm not condemning fat people. I just don't think the police should look like me.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom