Not open for further replies.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Let's say the leader of the New Black Panther Party(H. Naming), known for being pro-gun, was running against Clinton, would you still vote against her? Or would you vote third party for Johnson?

Who is he most likely to nominate for SCOTUS?

Seriously, it goes to credibility. I have doubts about Trump's sincerity on all his positions. I think he's pandering to a strong faction in the US. I have no doubts about Hillary's sincerity. I also have no doubts about Shabazz. Both of them are sincerely credible in their stated goals, which I don't agree with. If we had a system of voting where I don't have to vote strategically, given the choices now, I'd go with the Douchebag. But the way it is, either the "loose cannon" (I prefer "swindler" or "conn man") or the Criminal will be the next president. So I have to vote against the criminal and take my chances with the swindler. I am so sorry that I can't vote for the Douchbag. Well, unless Trump continues to reveal the unknowns that make him unsupportable.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I'd vote in the most anti-gun person in the world before I'd vote in someone as I described above. I'd never place an item, or as is described here, a "tool," above people.

y'all are engaging in unrealistic hypotheticals

Am I? I don't see my example as being a stone thrown so far from the truth.

I think the real problem is that it's a false equivalence to most people. Your view of Trump is as certain as your view of Shabazz. You see them as equivalent. I don't. And I'd still not vote for the gun grabber. If Trump and Hillary were indeed equal evil, sure, I'd vote for the Douchbag Johnson.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    The time to say "a vote for Trump is a vote for Hillary" was in the primary. Johnson was never a contender. If he was I guess I'd vote for him. I mean, he's a douche bag and all, but that's not as bad as a con man or a criminal.

Last time I checked the dem and rep primaries were still ongoing. Only the Libertarian party has finished their selection process. Neither wing of the Boot On Your Neck Party has held their convention and actually chosen their candidate. Vote Johnson, a better candidate than either of the two jackasses. He actually has qualifications that neither of the other two possess and is a better person and candidate, warts and all.

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    Last time I checked the dem and rep primaries were still ongoing. Only the Libertarian party has finished their selection process. Neither wing of the Boot On Your Neck Party has held their convention and actually chosen their candidate. Vote Johnson, a better candidate than either of the two jackasses. He actually has qualifications that neither of the other two possess and is a better person and candidate, warts and all.

I will translate for you-
    LONG LIVE CLINTON!

Deja Vu :n00b:

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

One of only two people on the planet will be sworn in next January. Johnson isn't one of the two. I hate that it's that way. But it's that way. You don't like it? You don't need to convince me. On the issues I find fewer evils with Johnson than the others. You need to convince the 60% of Americans voting for the least of two evils to consider the 3rd evil.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Why would defeatists choose Trump to be their candidate.

Or did the choice of Trump come before the defeatism?

The Second Amendment is what guarantees that we will not be "defeated."
    Any vote that is not against the stated anti-gun candidate is a vote for defeat.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    The Second Amendment is what guarantees that we will not be "defeated."
    Any vote that is not against the stated anti-gun candidate is a vote for defeat.

But a vote for Gary Johnson is a vote for Gary Johnson, who is not anti-gun.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    But a vote for Gary Johnson is a vote for Gary Johnson, who is not anti-gun.

Is he "not anti-gun" in the same way some other politicians say they "will fight to defend the 2nd A"? You know...like the guys and gals that will only vote against various bills that the liberals frequently to get passed every year instead of actually proposing and then fighting for bills that will actually maybe erode and eventually eliminate NFA and related bills. I get the sense he's a "defender".

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Is he "not anti-gun" in the same way some other politicians say they "will fight to defend the 2nd A"? You know...like the guys and gals that will only vote against various bills that the liberals frequently to get passed every year instead of actually proposing and then fighting for bills that will actually maybe erode and eventually eliminate NFA and related bills. I get the sense he's a "defender".

From what I've heard him say, I think he would tend to push for legislation that gives more freedom. But, that's talk. I don't see how advocating for positive rights is "more freedom", for example, establishing special classes of people which business owners are not allowed to decline service.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    From what I've heard him say, I think he would tend to push for legislation that gives more freedom. But, that's talk.
    . Oh...I think he might sign something that might cross his desk. That's not the same as championing it--which I don't think he's energetic enough to do.

I don't see how advocating for positive rights is "more freedom", for example, establishing special classes of people which business owners are not allowed to decline service.

Not to mention it's an obvious violation of the libertrian prime-directive: the non-initiation of force. Ol' GJ is up for some government initiation of force, it seems.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Not 1999.... but even in 2013 he spoke of having open borders.

Suckers.

Cl1Q1LJUgAAW-DB.jpg:large

Maybe you should post the link so they can read the whole thing for themselves, rather than the selected shorts of GPIAHennyPenny

Trump: Europe is terrific place for investment - CNN.com

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Let's say the leader of the New Black Panther Party(H. Naming), known for being pro-gun, was running against Clinton, would you still vote against her? Or would you vote third party for Johnson?

What's her position on trade, immigration, ISIS, nation building etc, etc

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom