• Status
    Not open for further replies.

spec4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 19, 2010
    NWI
    I take it you're a Trump guy, ' eh? You don't think African-Americans in the inner city should be taken care of? Meh, most Trump supporters probably feel that way. Nevermind it.

So inner city black people are incapable of taking care of themselves? Please explain, and explain what Trump (or any POTUS) is supposed to do regarding this.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    So inner city black people are incapable of taking care of themselves? Please explain, and explain what Trump (or any POTUS) is supposed to do regarding this.

I don't know, I don't live in the inner-city. But something right? Who wouldn't respect a politician that would do such?

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I respect a politician wanting to give those in need a "hand up" as opposed to the current pervasive "hand out" mentality. Race shouldn't be a part of that discussion, all people should be educated on how to best help themselves rather than expecting society to do it.

Last edited:

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    I don't know, I don't live in the inner-city.

And you have dedicated your life to protecting and serving the wealthiest city in Indiana, with a black population of about 3%. Would even take a bullet for them, if it came down to it.
    I'm left wondering where all this concern for the inner city is coming from.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    And you have dedicated your life to protecting and serving the wealthiest city in Indiana, with a black population of about 3%. Would even take a bullet for them, if it came down to it.
    I'm left wondering where all this concern for the inner city is coming from.

We're getting a little bit AdHom, kids

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    Shot:

Chaser:

It was made clear that Trump was self funding through the primary, he never claimed to self fund all the way into the white house. That said, the big names want nothing to do with him.

I don't know, I don't live in the inner-city. But something right? Who wouldn't respect a politician that would do such?

Domesticating minorities to farm votes is slavery. I happen to believe doing such a thing is morally wrong.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    It was made clear that Trump was self funding through the primary, he never claimed to self fund all the way into the white house. That said, the big names want nothing to do with him.

Domesticating minorities to farm votes is slavery. I happen to believe doing such a thing is morally wrong.

It's morally wrong for politicians to help inner-city African-Americans? No one said anything about money.

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    It's morally wrong for politicians to help inner-city African-Americans? No one said anything about money.

Who the hell cares what color they are?? If someone is in genuine need ( think laid off a job they had for 15 years need) then yes there needs to be a safety net in place so people do not loose everything and they can remain productive members of society. I personally think the welfare system needs a total overhaul I managed a fast food restaurant for several years and had employees that would tell me they actually ended up loosing money taking even a minimum wage job as that lowered their monthly levels of welfare.

Its a situation like that I have a personal problem with, welfare should less than a minimum wage job in order to encourage people to get a job and not sit on welfare you years on end. I am also of the group that thinks mandatory drug screening would be a good idea as well because if they really need the government money then they should not have the extra cash for drugs.

And taking it further if you really wanted to help people in low socio economic areas (much like inner cities but they can be found everywhere as it is believe it or not, not just Blacks that are ignored by the "system") you need to improve the educational systems of those communities encourage people to go to College, Trade Schools anything that will give them the skills to get a good paying job and a ticket out of the slums.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Except here in Indiana.

A Trump endorsement of Pence may be exactly what he needs to get re-elected.

If that is the case then Indiana is a lost cause. An endorsement of Pence may be what it takes to get him out of office, too. That's a double edged sword, considering that Trumps a maniac and it could reflect poorly on him, too.

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    For those that would never vote for a Republican again. What if Trump changed his party to.....lets say.....Whig Party. They still exist right?

This way you'll feel better because you won't be voting "R" or "D". Plus his hair piece is kinda like a wig so......

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville

If the help is directed as money/handouts to individuals, yes it is wrong.

If it is invested in infrastructure and better policing, then no.

Of course the best help would be to declare the area an economic sanctuary, and allow businesses to operate at nearly tax free levels inside the zoning, to create more and better jobs for the area.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    He needs to do better than Obama. To win my vote, Trump needs to take care of African-Americans... we've been mistreated for so long. Then, I believe his campaign isn't racist.

What does "take care of" mean?

Why do you need specifics? It's not self-explanatory?

Well some in govt know that certain people need an extra hand. Trumpsters, don't. I don't quite understand why his supporters are like that. They seem to eat out of the man's hand.

Kut, it's sounding an awful lot like you're trying to hint at handouts without actually saying it. Why? What are you trying to get people's to say?

No one here wants the government to take care of them. I don't. What else do you think this audience would think "taken care of" means?

What is wrong with inner city is that kids' parents aren't good role models. Kids don't learn personal responsibility and treating people like they want to be treated. Kids don't learn the right lessons of consequences. They're not taught accountability. They're not taught the value of life. The problems in inner city can't really be soleved by government, though government could help by stpping pollicies that exacerbate the problem and help people get off of government dependency. The more we "take care of" inner city, the worse it has gotten. The logical conclusion of government "taking care of" blacks is Detroit.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    Kut, it's sounding an awful lot like you're trying to hint at handouts without actually saying it. Why? What are you trying to get people's to say?

No one here wants the government to take care of them. I don't. What else do you think this audience would think "taken care of" means?

What is wrong with inner city is that kids' parents aren't good role models. Kids don't learn personal responsibility and treating people like they want to be treated. Kids don't learn the right lessons of consequences. They're not taught accountability. They're not taught the value of life. The problems in inner city can't really be soleved by government, though government could help by stpping pollicies that exacerbate the problem and help people get off of government dependency. The more we "take care of" inner city, the worse it has gotten. The logical conclusion of government "taking care of" blacks is Detroit.

The problem can be solved by government, I fully believe.

It would be solved within months of enacting a near 0% tax rate for businesses and corporations who wish to move to those areas. Ultimately that's why those areas have fell apart, industry left. Gary is a prime example.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    The problem can be solved by government, I fully believe.

It would be solved within months of enacting a near 0% tax rate for businesses and corporations who wish to move to those areas. Ultimately that's why those areas have fell apart, industry left. Gary is a prime example.
    Sounds like social engineering.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom