Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Kirk's statement

CkX2id2WYAAADAb.jpg:large

I know its Daily Kos but it's just too damned apropos

From: Illinois Sen. Mark Kirk ready to offer his 'steady conservative hand' to advise Trump

"Illinois Republican Sen. Mark Kirk, in translation: “I’ll suck up to every part of the Republican base—I’m willing to embrace Donald Trump despite being more establishment-respectable than him, so vote for me!” Really. Can you see another translation for this?"

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH

From the same article you cite

Young voters

"This especially holds for voters under age 30. They’ve been huge for Sanders; he’s won them by 71-28 percent against Clinton in primaries for which we have exit poll results. And they may have an especially hard time getting over his likely defeat at Clinton’s hands.

We say so because under-30s moved from 64-25 percent Clinton-Trump in March to 45-42 percent in May, suggesting resentment as Clinton’s moved ahead of their true love, Sanders. She needs them back: Under-30s were huge for Obama in 2008 (a record 66-32 percent) and 2012 (60-37 percent) alike, an essential element of his winning coalition in both elections."

Ruh Ro

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    A man of principle

:orly:

From http://weaponsman.com/?p=12981

"Mark Kirk is a Republican Senator from Illinois. He’s also a serial military Stolen Valor candidate, whose no-heavy-bending career as a mostly-nonflying desk jockey intelligence officer has been the basis of repeated and persistent claims of combat service and awards that have turned out to be, there’s no other word, phony. We’ve beaten up phony Democrats before (Dick Blumenthal, come on down!), so doing the same for Republicans is fair play."

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    A man of principle

Interesting position. Trump has a problem with the notion of fair treatment from a judge who is associated with an overtly racist organization which specifically has a problem with Trump's position on the border, and says so, which makes him a racist.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Interesting position. Trump has a problem with the notion of fair treatment from a judge who is associated with an overtly racist organization which specifically has a problem with Trump's position on the border, and says so, which makes him a racist.

Most folks on the R side way way over-talk this. When confronted with the mythical "Trump racism," they should simply reply with, "what does La Raza mean anyway?" It explains itself.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Most folks on the R side way way over-talk this. When confronted with the mythical "Trump racism," they should simply reply with, "what does La Raza mean anyway?" It explains itself.

He needs to do better than Obama. To win my vote, Trump needs to take care of African-Americans... we've been mistreated for so long. Then, I believe his campaign isn't racist.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Huffington Post calls for violence against Trump supporters.

Violent resistance matters. Riots can lead to major change (*note the irony of that hyperlink going to a Vox article). It’s not liberal politicians or masses that historians identify as the spark underlying the modern movement for LGBTQ equality. Nor was it a think piece from some smarmy liberal writer. It was the people who took to the streets during the Stonewall Uprising. It was the Watts Rebellion, not the Watts Battle of Ideas, that exposed the enduring systemic neglect, poverty, inequality, and racism faced by that community. Similarly, it was the LA Uprising, not the LA Protests, that led to significant changes in the Los Angeles Police Department. More recently, the Ferguson and Baltimore Uprisings both helped prompt the Justice Department to investigate their corrupt police forces. And since we’re talking about fascism, it’s worth remembering that it wasn’t the election of a moderate centrist (hello, Hillary) or a sanguine protest that stopped its ascent in Europe. It was, primarily, the Russian military, and to a lesser extent the US military; neither of which practiced nonviolence if memory serves

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    Make the border a military ordinance testing range. If someone is feeling lucky, let them make the run.

Hilariously I proposed such an idea in a discussion the other day.

It makes me wonder though, how many passive-aggressive letters would the UN write us?

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    He needs to do better than Obama. To win my vote, Trump needs to take care of African-Americans... we've been mistreated for so long. Then, I believe his campaign isn't racist.

Dude, are you segregating again?
    Isn't this what we have all been fighting against?

"mistreated for so long" - Waa :laugh:

Are you mis-purpleing again.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom