• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Fargo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    In a state of acute Pork-i-docis
    I guess I'm not fully aware of everything about Joe. You guys are talking about stuff I've never heard of before this convo
    You might look into his history, while he is most known for his tough jails and immigration stuff, there is a whole lot of unpleasantness in his history which is often glossed over. Not the least of which was his condoning and protecting a law-enforcement officer in his employ who was rifling through and stealing from defense attorneys files.

He also ordered law enforcement officers in his employment to begin surveillance measures on the federal judge and his family in the case we are talking about here.

Dddrees

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2016
    Central
    You might look into his history, while he is most known for his tough jails and immigration stuff, there is a whole lot of unpleasantness in his history which is often glossed over. You might look into his history, while he is most known for his tough jails and immigration stuff, there is a whole lot of unpleasantness in his history which is often glossed over. Not the least of which was his condoning and protecting a law-enforcement officer in his employ who was rifling through and stealing from defense attorneys files.

Joe had a tendency to follow his own rule of law.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    So then this could equally apply to Gun Rights?

The left is trying it and has been for a while. That's why I don't understand gun owners being democrats when democrats leaders always say they are going after the constitution for the 2nd.
    It will not be a peaceful battle won or lost in court over that issue I assure you. The 2nd Is the one that protects all,the rest.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Funny thing is some people are so righteous about the Constitution and the rule of law until bending it or breaking it serves their purpose.

"Some?" I see quite a bit in this thread. Disheartening really... but by the time, "they" come for them, there won't be anybody left to speak for them. Hopefully then they'll understand.

...well, assuming they aren't the people coming for everybody else.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    You might look into his history, while he is most known for his tough jails and immigration stuff, there is a whole lot of unpleasantness in his history which is often glossed over. Not the least of which was his condoning and protecting a law-enforcement officer in his employ who was rifling through and stealing from defense attorneys files.

He also ordered law enforcement officers in his employment to begin surveillance measures on the federal judge and his family in the case we are talking about here.

Well I will certainly have to look into it later then. Thanks for the heads up. Yes I'm really only familiar with the tent city as seen on oprah or doctor Phil, and of coarse this recent mess.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Well I will certainly have to look into it later then. Thanks for the heads up. Yes I'm really only familiar with the tent city as seen on oprah or doctor Phil, and of coarse this recent mess.

This is the extent of my knowledge as well.
    My comments were mainly towards the practice of profiling.

Dddrees

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2016
    Central
    "Some?" I see quite a bit in this thread. Disheartening really... but by the time, "they" come for them, there won't be anybody left to speak for them. Hopefully then they'll understand.

...well, assuming they aren't the people coming for everybody else.

Although I can understand the uproar about a number of things there most certainly is an ugly let's do anything approach to getting things right. In fact there's an ugly we're willing to do anything mob type rule taking place here. A really ugly part of our history right here and now. That is if our country can continue after all this is said and done.

Last edited:

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    LOL, The inherent power of a court to enforce it's orders through contempt has been enshrined in this country's constitutional and judicial system since day one. It is curious to me that many are just now finding a problem with it, but I haven't heard a word about all the people that go into the can on contempt charges weekly out of the Indiana courts.

I see remands on a weekly basis for contempt. Will no one stand up for all the dead beat dads, fugitives, and FTAer's?

Kind of like a Pardon then, enshrined in the Constitution.

Funny thing is some people are so righteous about the Constitution and the rule of law until bending it or breaking it serves their purpose.

Bending? It's in the Constitution. Plain as day.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Although I can understand the uproar about a number of things there most certainly is an ugly let's do anything approach to getting things right. In fact there's an ugly we're willing to do anything mob type rule taking place here. A really ugly part of our history right here and now. That is if our country can continue after all this is said and done.

Here? Have you been paying attention to the left? The democrats? They aren't just,on a internet forum having peaceful discussion, no they are out beating and shooting people. There's your mob rule. It's the left and not the right. Talking about what,we think is right or want and forcing it on people with force are two very different things man

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    A different point of view. By pardoning Joe Arpaio, Trump took away the opportunity of extremist to make a martyr out of him. With him sitting in jail his supporters would have held a rally giving the extremist an opportunity to try to make it their own while looking for trouble. Then extremist on the other side would show up and then another American City would be scarred by violence. Whether intentional or not Trump just may have prevented future violence.

Perhaps. But as with any action taken by Trump, I seriously doubt he's put that much deep or long term thought into his decision.

I'm much more inclined to think Tump paradoned Arapio simply as a way to stick his thumb in the eye of the left.

bmbutch

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    Southern Indiana
    Not by a longshot. Trump is toxic to the future of the party. You might not vote Republican again, but you're not... let's just say... the average person, lol. You would be an outlier. Sure people in his base would be upset... for a time, but they'd get back to voting as regularly as they always have.

Out of everyone I know that voted for President Trump, only 1 regrets it. How many peeps is that, I haven't counted. I'm not world famous, but by 51, have met a few people. Some just don't want the :poop: storm that comes with openly supporting President Trump.

PistolBob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 6, 2010
    Midwest US
    Joe did a great job...and he played tough like his opponents. The slimy bastiches got nothing less than what they had coming to them. I wish he was 35 years old.

PistolBob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 6, 2010
    Midwest US
    Perhaps. But as with any action taken by Trump, I seriously doubt he's put that much deep or long term thought into his decision.

I'm much more inclined to think Tump paradoned Arapio simply as a way to stick his thumb in the eye of the left.

i hope it makes the left move to NorKor.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Out of everyone I know that voted for President Trump, only 1 regrets it. How many peeps is that, I haven't counted. I'm not world famous, but by 51, have met a few people. Some just don't want the :poop: storm that comes with openly supporting President Trump.

I haven't even met 1. However I did meet one that didn't vote for him that now wish they did

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Kind of like a Pardon then, enshrined in the Constitution.

Bending? It's in the Constitution. Plain as day.

No one has said the that the pardon wasn't legal. I view it as a completely legal act. However, when you consider, what it implies the president thinks of constitutional protections, and given it was done under cover of night, seemly with the hope it would get lost in the confusion of the day, some can't help but think the application of the pardon power was dubious. An surely a dog whistle to the more fringe of his base.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011

That's completely possible. There are plenty of people that are happy with Trump. Many seem to be one or two issue voters, as only the Zealots agree with everything he's done.

Dddrees

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2016
    Central
    Here? Have you been paying attention to the left? The democrats? They aren't just,on a internet forum having peaceful discussion, no they are out beating and shooting people. There's your mob rule. It's the left and not the right. Talking about what,we think is right or want and forcing it on people with force are two very different things man

Yeah, there's your justification right there. We can't possibly be wrong, after all we're justified because they're much worse than we are.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011

Or to tell Manafort and Flynn to keep their mouths shut, and they'll get a pardon. Which given the timing of this, seem very plausible, given when the pardon was announced, when Joe was convicted, when he was scheduled to be sentenced, and the WH's failure to observe tradition, and run the pardon through the DoJ, first.

Dddrees

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2016
    Central
    Or to tell Manafort and Flynn to keep their mouths shut, and they'll get a pardon. Which given the timing of this, seem very plausible, given when the pardon was announced, when Joe was convicted, when he was scheduled to be sentenced, and the WH's failure to observe tradition, and run the pardon through the DoJ, first.

As Trump said,"I'm President and your not". Trump doesn't consider himself to have any limits whatsoever.

Top Bottom