• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    And if they had a state/federal warrant, deportation order or ICE detainer? What about an FBI "detainer" for a crime witness?

I think you guys are really confused about how LE works. Why would one not take such a person into custody if the contact was legal? That's not profiling, and that's certainly not one of the things Arpaio was accused of doing.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I didn't find where this entered into the contempt finding... I believe you are referring the the time before the injunction when Arpaio and company were using their 287g authority to look for illegal aliens who were "only" present unlawfully?

I'll ask this question, and start from there. Were the initial accusations against Arpaio, the ones that led to the contempt charge, valid?

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Whether they are cool or not, something has already happened. They have been forced to submit to official authority, questioned, and their liberty impede upon by the state. That is something that should not be happening without a lawful prior reason.

I understand but this has been and will be happening. That is my point in all of this.
    My being "Profiled" is no different. I was not speeding. No burnouts etc but I got "Profiled" stopped and released. I was subjected to the process.

In the legal aspect you are correct. In a way. Every LEO (including Kut) has something about someone that clicks the radar.
    In the hunt for illegals this was most likely pushed to hard.
    Are there any figures available on how many were actually found and removed from our soil.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    So would this charge have prevented him from carrying a gun for the rest of his life?

He unfortunately wasn't charged under those, just issued a directive, by the court to amend the department's practices.... with his being personally liable for contempt if they failed to abide.

Fargo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    In a state of acute Pork-i-docis
    So would this charge have prevented him from carrying a gun for the rest of his life?
    No, I don't believe it would've affected that right at all. Since it carries a maximum penalty of six months or less, I don't believe it would trigger any statutes that I know of. One thing that is kind of glossed over in this thread is that in federal court there is no right to a jury trial on any offense that doesn't carry more than a six month penalty. It doesn't matter whether this was a contempt charge or any other federal misdemeanor arrying less than six+ months, there is no constitutional jury right, at least as far as the US supreme court is concerned.

Now I disagree with them as I think that any criminal charge should have a jury right, but this is not something new at all or special about this case.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Good for Joe...he oughta run for governor.

Is this the same guy that people don't want in jail for <6 months because he's old? How quickly a guy who is the shadow of impending death has miraculously found Coronado's lost elixir and is now a preferred candidate for the highest office in the state.

Fargo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    In a state of acute Pork-i-docis
    Is this the same guy that people don't want in jail for <6 months because he's old? How quickly a guy who is the shadow of impending death has miraculously found Coronado's lost elixir and is now a preferred candidate for the highest office in the state.

He would never run for governor now that he has lost the ability to open criminal investigations into anyone who criticizes him or opposes him politically. Like I said before, I have thought he belongs in prison for a long long time, way before immigration became an issue at all.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city

Coronado fountain of youth is in saint Augustine Florida not Arizona lol

Dddrees

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2016
    Central
    You weren't profiled simply because you were white though. There were other indicators that led the police to profile you. IN this instance we are talking about profiling people based totally on the color of their skin.

Funny thing is some people are so righteous about the Constitution and the rule of law until bending it or breaking it serves their purpose.

Top Bottom