• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SwikLS

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 26, 2015
    The Bunker
    That is correct, but he got the same ( or better when you consider the millions of dollars of taxpayer funded lawyers he has received) due process as anyone on the charges and was convicted.

What saddens me is that a dirty cop is Trump's first pardon, not because he deserves that extraordinary remedy, but because he is idolized by some people who Trump needs the support of.

It is the exact same sort of a whore-ish pandering that led Obama to commute Bradley Manning's sentence.

yeah but I'm still not convinced he was a dirty cop

but again I say.....

This is what happens when a president doesnt let the border patrol and ICE do their jobs.

Fargo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    In a state of acute Pork-i-docis
    How does this work? It seems that even if they try to skirt around the issue by calling it a civil matter, this still wouldn't fly constitutionally (of course, since when have we actually followed the Constitution in my lifetime?).
    They don't call it civil, they call it petty and say that a jury is not required. It is completely made up B.S. in my opinion, the word "all" as used in the constitution actually means all.

Fargo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009

but again I say.....
    Wevare talking about the guy whose County paid millions of dollars to settle with falsely arrested newspaper reporters who reported unfavorably upon him. Who opened criminal investigations against those who opposed him politically. A guy whose own county found him to have misappropriated over $100 million dollars. A guy who made up a bomb threat with the help of his detectives and arrested someone for it to help his reelection campaign.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Wevare talking about the guy whose County paid millions of dollars to settle with falsely arrested newspaper reporters who reported unfavorably upon him. Who opened criminal investigations against those who opposed him politically. A guy whose own county found him to have misappropriated over $100 million dollars. A guy who made up a bomb threat with the help of his detectives and arrested someone for it to help his reelection campaign.

I may need to do some reading on Ole-Joe.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    His Wikipedia page gives a pretty good list. I'm not saying to use Wikipedia as your source, but the footnotes link to the news stories and court documents.

Sounds like a good place to start.

Thanks.

My earlier posts were an attempt to show the double standards of profiling. It happens. It has to at some level.
    As I look at this there is a serious issue.

Fargo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Sounds like a good place to start.

Thanks.

My earlier posts were an attempt to show the double standards of profiling. It happens. It has to at some level.
    As I look at this there is a serious issue.
    From my somewhat educated point of view, the only people who get the kind of pass from the Feds that Joe Arpaio did are those who worked/are working for the Feds and have been involved in some dark ****. Like Whitey Bulger, while it lasted.

It was really curious that the AZ Feds immediately dumped the case off to D.C. when Judge Snow referred it...

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    They don't call it civil, they call it petty and say that a jury is not required. It is completely made up B.S. in my opinion, the word "all" as used in the constitution actually means all.

Thanks. I suspected that it would boil down to a 'pulled out of their posteriors' justification but didn't know how it would be derived.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    From my somewhat educated point of view, the only people who get the kind of pass from the Feds that Joe Arpaio did are those who worked/are working for the Feds and have been involved in some dark ****. Like Whitey Bulger, while it lasted.

It was really curious that the AZ Feds immediately dumped the case off to D.C. when Judge Snow referred it...

This Rabbit hole looks to be a long deep one.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Even though I hate Sheriff Joe with the passion usually reserved for hating Charter Arms, I understand Trump has the authority to do so. I wish he had not.

Sheriff Joe is the scum of the earth, a tin pot Nazi:

His awful chicken crusher:

MCSO returns 27-ton howitzer to Department of Defense | 12NEWS.com

The time he framed an innocent man:

A Phony Murder Plot Against Joe Arpaio Winds Up Costing Taxpayers $1.1 Million | Phoenix New Times

The Chicken Crusher and Seagal:

https://www.popehat.com/2011/03/23/...ning-this-house-is-protected-by-chuck-norris/

KMaC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 4, 2016
    Indianapolis
    I'm not a Trump fan. Sheriff Joe may have been an a$$. But I sleep better at night knowing an 85 year old man with a contempt of court record is roaming the streets than I do thinking about Obama's 1,927 pardons/clemencies given to major drug dealers who are now seeking a way to make a living.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    So who hear has been to the southern border and realizes that they have the LEGAL authority to stop people just to make sure they aren't illegals. Not just at the border but also so many miles after the border too. I don't know where Joes jurisdiction stared and began but I'm think any reasonable person realizes no one is stopping people that are citizens to harrass them because of any reason. They are trying to find invaders of our country
    Part of Indiana is in the same zone.

I'm a reasonable person and I find it very much harassment to be stopped and checked for my citizenship. When I was in the South, it pissed me off to get caught up in one of the checkpoints down there. They aren't looking for invaders, they are looking for drug runners just like the state troopers patrolling the highways.

SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    Upstate SC
    Who is this Judge White you are referring to?

Brain fart... judge Snow.

So, does the following tell you that state charges would be required to hold an illegal alien?

MCSO and all of it's officers are hereby enjoined from detaining any person based only on knowledge or reasonable belief, without more, that the person is unlawfully present within the Untied States.

Would a federal or state (other than Arzizona) warrant, deportation order or ICE detainer qualify as something more than merely unlawfully present?

Last edited:

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    OK......another good point. "But"

I asked you earlier how you would weed out the bad apples.
    I have in the past gotten asked a lot if I have a permit. I was riding my Harley most of the time and I guess I just got profiled again. Also standing next to the bike with other like minded people and asked 3 times in the same night. Not OC either.

Just minor examples but this is the way of things more or less.
    Just the way it is being done. If they are caught them doing something else, deport them.

Having been a subject of arbitrary profiling I would think you would understand why it is not right to subject so many Americans to possible harassment simply based upon something as arbitrary as the color of their skin.

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy

but again I say.....

Joe placed a target on his back due to his disciplines and no frills approach to prisoner reform. Many factions didn't want his form of discipline in any means whatsoever.
    I'm just guessing 'cause I don't know for sure 100% but I'm betting there's all kinds of accusations thrown at him. Even without proof there must be investigations and publicity.
    Judging by the behavior of the anti immigration people now I can only imagine their behaviors before the media attention they're getting now.
    I'm not saying Joe wears wings and a halo but I'm betting he's not holding a pitchfork and bearing horns either.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Just the way it is being done. If they are caught them doing something else, deport them.

Having been a subject of arbitrary profiling I would think you would understand why it is not right to subject so many Americans to possible harassment simply based upon something as arbitrary as the color of their skin.

We disagree. That's fine

Fargo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Brain fart... judge Snow.

So, does the following tell you that state charges would be required to hold an illegal alien?

Would a federal or state (other than Arzizona) warrant, deportation order or ICE detainer qualify as something more than merely unlawfully present?
    Warrant? Absolutely different, it is a court order requiring any law enforcement officer to take into custody.

Top Bottom