• ...and so much more!
  • bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Maybe letting Hillary have a turn as supreme political ruler of America for a few years will finally convince you that the problem is not with the person or party elected but with the illegitimate scope and power of the positions we elect them to...

:dunno:

[video=youtube;5cpS8OFuVNM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5cpS8OFuVNM[/video]

Last edited:

LPMan59

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2009
    South of Heaven
    Donald Trump is leading the polls because MANY of his supporters believe all the ills and negative issues we deal with in our country is the fault of "them" and he is the solution for those who see themselves as his "we". He speaks the very same notion of "change" that Obama spouted, but in the dialect his supporters understand. If you look closely, he's not provided any strategies or policies to make these changes. He just says he's against, PC, Mexican illegals, black crime, Muslims and people believe he will fix welfare, immigration, religious terrorists/criminals and crime in general. His machine has really focussed on his pro-2A mindset, but is it real? Will he allow incremental changes he doesn't see as really impeding the rights of gun owner?

"It’s often argued that the American murder rate is high because guns are more available here than in other countries. After a tragedy like the massacre at Columbine High School, anyone could feel that it is too easy for Americans to get their hands on weapons. But nobody has a good solution. This is another issue where you see the extremes of the two existing major parties. Democrats want to confiscate all guns, which is a dumb idea because only the law-abiding citizens would turn in their guns and the bad guys would be the only ones left armed. The Republicans walk the NRA line and refuse even limited restrictions. I generally oppose gun control, but I support the ban on assault weapons and I also support a slightly longer waiting period to purchase a gun. With today’s Internet technology we should be able to tell within seventy-two hours if a potential gun owner has a record."

he is the Gop version of Bernie Sanders. He is playing to the populist anger. Trump plays the immigration angle. Sanders plays the class warfare angle. Those illegals terk er jerbs! Those rich people are stealing from you!

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville

Do you need something explained further?

She really wants her turn ruling over every aspect of our lives as supreme political ruler of America. Do you really think she'd be attracted to the position if that wasn't the job description?

Are you comforted knowing that you have but a single vote to cast against whomever you determine the worst person vying to wield all that power against us? I wouldn't be.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    ...Are you comforted knowing that you have but a single vote to cast against whomever you determine the worst person vying to wield all that power against us? I wouldn't be.

There'll be a lot of us carrying your water. We are not all above voting.:rolleyes: Actually most of us understand our responsibility. ;)

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Do you need something explained further?

She really wants her turn ruling over every aspect of our lives as supreme political ruler of America. Do you really think she'd be attracted to the position if that wasn't the job description?

Are you comforted knowing that you have but a single vote to cast against whomever you determine the worst person vying to wield all that power against us? I wouldn't be.

Sigh. What, if any, action do YOU take to fix the problems you point out? Besides posting on INGO and choosing not to vote.

Make sure you get what you like else you'll have to like what you get. Defeatism always seems to lead to .... well .....defeat.

ATM

Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    There'll be a lot of us carrying your water. We are not all above voting.:rolleyes: Actually most of us understand our responsibility. ;)

Carrying my water? I would love to hear exactly what you believe that entails.

Sigh. What, if any, action do YOU take to fix the problems you point out? Besides posting on INGO and choosing not to vote.

Make sure you get what you like else you'll have to like what you get. Defeatism always seems to lead to .... well .....defeat.

I expose, challenge and educate.

Defeatist? ME??? You must be kidding, I am rarely down and never out.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Carrying my water? I would love to hear exactly what you believe that entails...

We'll rally the troops and vote, like we always have, to get the right folks in and fire the wrong ones...

...so you can continue do nothing other than ***** about all of them, us and everything else related. ;)

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    We'll rally the troops and vote, like we always have, to get the right folks in and fire the wrong ones...

...so you can continue do nothing other than ***** about all of them, us and everything else related. ;)

When has this EVER worked. I seem to recall President Obama winning two elections. Who are the right people being elected and the wrong people being fired? Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that voting isn't important, I would just like to learn how to get the troops to rally behind Paul. Who exactly are you rallying the troops behind right now or are you willing to take whomever comes out of the funnel?

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    It works most of the time. We have the house, we have the senate after having lost them both. The difficulty comes when folks are too stubborn to not compromise and vote for the greater good.

I'm talking about within the context of this discussion, the presidency. My contention in a previous part of the discussion was to focus on the senate and that was discounted and left you and others "carrying my water." So, how has this strategy worked for getting someone in the White House? I say that Paul is the "greater good" for us, but you still have not said who you believe can fill this role.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I'm talking about within the context of this discussion, the presidency. My contention in a previous part of the discussion was to focus on the senate and that was discounted and left you and others "carrying my water." So, how has this strategy worked for getting someone in the White House? I say that Paul is the "greater good" for us, but you still have not said who you believe can fill this role.

The greater good is voting against the anti-gun Dem regardless of the name of the candidate. Getting by oneself and whatever purity standards are required for a candidate to "earn their vote."

My man was Walker, but I'm not gonna stomp around blustering that no one else deserves my vote. I'm not going to allow the anti-gun Dems to win out of spite that I didn't get MY WAY.

It's about the numbers, not about me. As stated above, a defensive vote counts the same as a passionate one.

ATM

Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville

That is just precious! How did Obama like being fired after you got him in for that first term? :):

ATM

Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    We can only carry so much water. The slacker's numbers matter occasionally. Some folks learn, others... :dunno:

Wasting energy should not be confused with accomplishing actual work.

My water is mine, you may not carry it.

You may not give my consent, only your own. I do not consent to being ruled by "anyone but Hillary" as I don't consent to being ruled at all.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    The greater good is voting against the anti-gun Dem regardless of the name of the candidate. Getting by oneself and whatever purity standards are required for a candidate to "earn their vote."

My man was Walker, but I'm not gonna stomp around blustering that no one else deserves my vote. I'm not going to allow the anti-gun Dems to win out of spite that I didn't get MY WAY.

It's about the numbers, not about me. As stated above, a defensive vote counts the same as a passionate one.

The numbers to which you refer is nothing when you look at the big picture. Indiana will vote for Trump! I hold no political affiliation, although I am certainly conservative leaning, which is why I am trying to get as many hardcore republicans in my area to consider a candidate who others, outside of the traditional red states can consider. But no, Trump is their man and Trump can possibly carry Virginia, too, but what about Nevada, Florida, Ohio and Colorado? So, if you REALLY want to get the democrats out of office, why not try something other than a failing strategy of voting for whomever comes out of the funnel and push to choose someone electable in the swing states?

50E8FF92-AAEC-4FD3-8EDB-73EB57C0565C.png_zpsthuiouih.jpeg

Last edited:

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    ...I do not consent to being ruled by "anyone but Hillary" as I don't consent to being ruled at all.

Yet you are consenting by abstention.

... So, if you REALLY want to get the democrats out of office, why not try something other than a failing strategy of voting for whomever comes out of the funnel and push to make someone electable in the swing states?

I'm happy to listen to your winning strategy, but it has to be just that. Winning as opposed to whining.
    I'd be happy to vote for Paul, but he appears to not even be a contender? Who's your next in line? Are they closer to the top of the polls?

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    Yet you are consenting by abstention.

I'm happy to listen to your winning strategy, but it has to be just that. Winning as opposed to whining.
    I'd be happy to vote for Paul, but he appears to not even be a contender? Who's your next in line? Are they closer to the top of the polls?

I don't believe I'm whining. My strategy has to be a proven winner before it's considered, while yours is a proven loser, but continues to be be utilized? All I'm saying is, Iowa and Super Tuesday are months away and because Trump has the swagger to garner the vote of the hardcore, he doesn't possess the substance that most are looking for. If Paul is in the race on Tuesday, March 1, 2016, he will get my vote. My strategy is to help my neighbors understand the bigger picture and consider him as an option. I'm only one person, but hopefully there are others around doing the same thing and not just waiting on whoever falls down the chute after Iowa.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Maybe this'll kill off the last of his supporters here

Trump Says Gun Nuts and People With Lots of Ammo Should Be Investigated

Or maybe how he talked about “closing the Internet in some way,” explicitly dismissing concerns about freedom of speech.

'We Have to Talk to Them, Maybe in Certain Areas, Closing that Internet Up in Some Way.' | National Review Online

Or, of course, the 100% Muslim ban.

Donald Trump: Ban all Muslim travel to U.S. - CNNPolitics.com

C'mon fellas... look at what he is, and put your support behind a different candidate.

Last edited:

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Maybe this'll kill off the last of his supporters here

Trump Says Gun Nuts and People With Lots of Ammo Should Be Investigated

Or maybe how he talked about “closing the Internet in some way,” explicitly dismissing concerns about freedom of speech.

'We Have to Talk to Them, Maybe in Certain Areas, Closing that Internet Up in Some Way.' | National Review Online

Or, of course, the 100% Muslim ban.

Donald Trump: Ban all Muslim travel to U.S. - CNNPolitics.com

C'mon fellas... look at what he is, and put your support behind a different candidate.

Maybe this is what undoes Trump's sit at the top of the polls, but the gun nut thing is a a bit of a stretch to all except Trump haters looking for anything negative.

Top Bottom