• ...and so much more!
  • churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Last chance on this one. I could care less who starts anything. If you get into the mix there will be awards for time off handed out.
    Lets get back on topic.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011

Lol, I think we'll be good from here on out mmp. I doubt (hope) that no one decides to push it.
    Anyways, you're not one of those folks that thinks Trump has some masterplan in mind rather than simply being outplayed by Pelosi, are ya?

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Chuck and Nancy Have Only Just Begun Kicking Trump’s Behind

...It’s worth chortling again for a few paragraphs over how ridiculous and weak they made Trump look. Remember, this is a man who spent years, going way back before he started campaigning in 2015, saying over and over and over how easy being president would be. Bring the Chinese to heel? Very easy. Make Middle East peace? Please. Get Mexico to pay for the wall? Piece of cake. He’s been saying these things in books and television appearances for years...

190127-tomasky-trump-wall-tease-2_sspc5g

:)

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Chuck and Nancy Have Only Just Begun Kicking Trump’s Behind

...It’s worth chortling again for a few paragraphs over how ridiculous and weak they made Trump look. Remember, this is a man who spent years, going way back before he started campaigning in 2015, saying over and over and over how easy being president would be. Bring the Chinese to heel? Very easy. Make Middle East peace? Please. Get Mexico to pay for the wall? Piece of cake. He’s been saying these things in books and television appearances for years...

190127-tomasky-trump-wall-tease-2_sspc5g

:)

I think Trump failed to realize the significant increase in difficulty pursuing his agenda when he lost half of congress.

Punkinhead

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 8, 2012
    Even when he had both houses he didn't get wall funding. Having the Dems take the House gives him political cover for his failures. He can just blame the libtards even though his own party wouldn't give him what he wanted.

mmpsteve

Real CZ's have a long barrel!!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 14, 2016
    ..... formerly near the Wild Turkey
    Lol, I think we'll be good from here on out mmp. I doubt (hope) that no one decides to push it.
    Anyways, you're not one of those folks that thinks Trump has some masterplan in mind rather than simply being outplayed by Pelosi, are ya?

I believe the jury's still out on that question. We'll soon see, that's for sure. At least it's not boring!

traderdan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 20, 2009
    Martinsville
    I am very interested to see whether or not we can fund a border wall (in places) with some type of an emergency declaration. This has been a real crisis for a long time now, and we must create a better system as well as somehow eliminate "sanctuary cities". I still have some confidence in POTUS on this matter.

Punkinhead

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 8, 2012
    I am very interested to see whether or not we can fund a border wall (in places) with some type of an emergency declaration. This has been a real crisis for a long time now, and we must create a better system as well as somehow eliminate "sanctuary cities". I still have some confidence in POTUS on this matter.

And then when we have a democratic president he/she will declare a public health emergency and create universal health care. Careful what you wish for. We have checks and balances built into the system for a reason. We don't want Presidents of either party declaring fake emergencies to get what they can't get through constitutional processes.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Nanny Pelosi is calling the shots. She told Trump to step aside.

She made it clear that her position as Speaker of the House is co-equal to the Presidency.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH

Our organization, American Transparency (website: OpenTheBooks.com) was able to identify that number. We found nearly $27 billion ($26.74 billion to be exact) in federal funding (FY2016) for America’s 106 Sanctuary Cities. Our new report, “Federal Funding of America’s Sanctuary Cites” details federal grants and other forms of federal spending that flow to those cities.

Doesn't the wall cost $25 billion? I think I know how we can pay for it :laugh:

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    And then when we have a democratic president he/she will declare a public health emergency and create universal health care. Careful what you wish for. We have checks and balances built into the system for a reason. We don't want Presidents of either party declaring fake emergencies to get what they can't get through constitutional processes.

THIS! For anybody that thinks invoking "national emergency" in order to get campaign promises done is a good idea, know that the other side will then, surely, take advantage of it when they are in office.

Top Bottom