• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    Is there an anti-vax republican presidential candidate?
    Why would there be?

Isn't one of the core tenants of conservatism the idea of individuals having the freedom to make their own decisions?

Most republicans are taking the position of "if you want to get the jabs that's your decision. If you don't want them then that's your decision too."

Many of them are questioning the effectiveness. Some have decided against getting it. Nearly all are strongly opposed to the mandates. But why would any candidate for a nationwide office take the position that the shots are poison and no one should take them? Billions of people around the world already have with no immediate negative effects.

Being completely against the jabs for anyone is pretty darn far outside the mainstream and probably wouldn't generate much support. Similar to a candidate that was advocating for a return to prohibition.

"Live and let live" is a much more attractive position for someone running for president.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Why would there be?

Isn't one of the core tenants of conservatism the idea of individuals having the freedom to make their own decisions?

Most republicans are taking the position of "if you want to get the jabs that's your decision. If you don't want them then that's your decision too."

Many of them are questioning the effectiveness. Some have decided against getting it. Nearly all are strongly opposed to the mandates. But why would any candidate for a nationwide office take the position that the shots are poison and no one should take them? Billions of people around the world already have with no immediate negative effects.

Being completely against the jabs for anyone is pretty darn far outside the mainstream and probably wouldn't generate much support. Similar to a candidate that was advocating for a return to prohibition.

"Live and let live" is a much more attractive position for someone running for president.
    Sums up what I have posted before. I consider it no one's business what I do. And it is no business of mine what you do.

Jaybird1980

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    North Central
    Sums up what I have posted before. I consider it no one's business what I do. And it is no business of mine what you do.
    Yep, this is the worst quote of that story as far as I'm concerned.

"You gotta say it, whether you had it or not, say it."

It's no one's business, I don't have to tell anybody. It's called privacy.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Why would there be?

That was rhetorical to those that were shocked at what Trump said?

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Things are looking pretty bleak for a Desantis/Trump 2024 ticket.

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    129   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    Trump simply doesn’t know (or care) when to STFU. If he did he would be on his second term right now. He lost to Slow Joe due to a combination of many examples of being unpresidential and a stolen election via rules changes because of Covid-19 (a Democrat power play that worked to perfection for them).

As much as I was in his camp in 2016, Trump has had his one and only stint in the Big Chair.

Brad69

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2016
    Perry county
    This intolerance for President Trump will not be tolerated!

You better get on the Trump train early this time!
    Number 45&47 baby!

Even people in California think the country was better under DJT.

Meanwhile ole Joe is talking about Gov Wallace Jeff Davis, Bull Connor all Democrats !

BTW Wallace praised Joe as a up standing young Senator WTF?

Reactions: Leo
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 7, 2021
    central indiana
    Trump simply doesn’t know (or care) when to STFU. If he did he would be on his second term right now. He lost to Slow Joe due to a combination of many examples of being unpresidential and a stolen election via rules changes because of Covid-19 (a Democrat power play that worked to perfection for them).

As much as I was in his camp in 2016, Trump has had his one and only stint in the Big Chair.
    Trump's vote total went up. If he lost two voters, he gained three.

oze

Mow Ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 26, 2018
    Fort Wayne
    Yep. Another 'Trump would be so much more likable if he just didn't act like Trump' post

Somebody should probably start a thread. Oh, wait ...
    Since Trump is a well-known 4D chess grandmaster, I agree that he did this so that DeSantis can distance himself from Trump during the upcoming presidential campaign.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Things are looking pretty bleak for a Desantis/Trump 2024 ticket.
    Maybe that was the idea. Trump short-circuits any pressure to have DeSantis on his team or play 2nd fiddle to DeSantis

Let them fight!

I haven't really followed things Florida that close, has Desantis or anyone connected with him been openly anti-vax or just anti-mandate. I could see it as a bit of 'stolen valor' if DeSantis or his people were anti-vax - especially if they gave Trump grief about it - but had secretly hedged their bets. But as long as they aren't attacking Trump for choosing to get it then what they chose is no ones business

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Steve44
    Top Bottom