Not open for further replies.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Allow me

That is such a copout. Once again, if something didn't work out, it isn't Trump's fault. He was duped!

The fact is, he picked these people. Some were bad, some just weren't "loyal" enough. From the outside he seemed to care more for yes men than good ones.
    And yet somehow he got a lot done that was good for the country and effective outside of it

I always laugh at the people intent on insisting every mistake was Trump's and no one but Trump's fault, but every success is somehow just dumb luck and Trump had little to do with it

You can't have it both ways

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    And yet somehow he got a lot done that was good for the country and effective outside of it

I always laugh at the people intent on insisting every mistake was Trump's and no one but Trump's fault, but every success is somehow just dumb luck and Trump had little to do with it

When did I say all the successes were dumb luck?

Maybe if some here wouldn't try to color over the mistakes he made, others wouldn't point them out so much.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    And your thinking on this, if that is what it is called, is ridiculous. Maybe you were too wrapped up in pee pee tapes or whatever to see what actually happened when it happened. A new President appoints over 4000 people of which about a third require senate approval. Usually the party assists in this process and they did assist Trump, I saw that Trump expected similar support to other republican administrations of the past but the party screwed him over big time.

Posts like your just completely ignore the fact Trump was an outsider to both those of us that wanted an outsider and to the republican party who chose to sink their own president for politics as usual. This nit picking of outsiders will not get us good options going forward.

In fact I doubt we ever see another true outsider in our lifetimes, who the heck in their right mind would ever want to run against this crap. And to top it off this kind of back stabbing…
    Quit with your childish insults. It's not good when your idol does it, and it isn't when you do it either.

You make more excuses for his failures than anyone.

There are a whole lot of insiders in this list. Sessions, Coats, Price, Perry, Haley, De Vos, Pompeo, etc

1698209877959.png

Ziggidy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 7, 2018
    Hendricks County

What you and IngoMike say are very accurate. A prime example of this is the recent days in the House. We are seeing our alleged party backstabbing each other in fear of losing their status quo in the swamp party. Turncoats everywhere and they are more bold than ever. The same backstabbers openly loved Trump but stabbed hm repeatedly behind their closed doors. “We the people” have been duped.

LeftyGunner

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2022
    Indianapolis
    Quit with your childish insults. It's not good when your idol does it, and it isn't when you do it either.

I second your motion for decorum.

Filtering our conversations through screens makes it a bit too easy to dehumanize one another. There is plenty of good conversation to be made from ripping apart one another’s arguments, personal insults and attacks on one another’s character defeats the whole purpose of a forum like this.

At this point Trump supporters are the political equivalent to the boy who cried wolf…they have amplified so much of his BS that no one listens to them even when they do have a valid point.

There are a whole lot of insiders in this list. Sessions, Coats, Price, Perry, Haley, De Vos, Pompeo, etc

Strip away the cult of personality and look at Trump’s actions while in office and it looks pretty clear to me: Trump came to the swamp to wallow in it, not to drain it.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central

View attachment 307721
    “I saw that Trump expected similar support to other republican administrations of the past but the party screwed him over big time.”

Those in your post are some of those that screwed Trump over the most.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Strip away the cult of personality and look at Trump’s actions while in office and it looks pretty clear to me: Trump came to the swamp to wallow in it, not to drain it.
    Prove this. Quite possibly the most out of touch I have seen in a while. Show me all the insider gains, and profits from corruption. Trump is the only president in my lifetime to lose net worth, coincidentally he also is the only one that didn't start a war…

SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    Upstate SC
    And your thinking on this, if that is what it is called, is ridiculous. Maybe you were too wrapped up in pee pee tapes or whatever to see what actually happened when it happened. A new President appoints over 4000 people of which about a third require senate approval. Usually the party assists in this process and they did assist Trump, I saw that Trump expected similar support to other republican administrations of the past but the party screwed him over big time.
    Just as a reminder, I called BS on the pee-pee memo immediately... in many ways, these current "discussions" (arguments) about Trump's culpability seem much like those I had with Kut long ago. You're on the opposite end of the political spectrum as him, but use the same false arguments (ad hominem, appeal to authority, false strawman, etc) that he did to avoid discussing the actual crux of the matter.

Posts like your just completely ignore the fact Trump was an outsider to both those of us that wanted an outsider and to the republican party who chose to sink their own president for politics as usual. This nit picking of outsiders will not get us good options going forward.

Regarding the "stolen election" claims, this fails the BS meter test. Trump had been President for 4 years at this point and had appointed or had the power to appoint ALL appointees.

In fact I doubt we ever see another true outsider in our lifetimes, who the heck in their right mind would ever want to run against this crap. And to top it off this kind of back stabbing…
    Charges of "back stabbing" from a Trump supporter are "rich", as they say. Trump has back-stabbed EVERYONE ever in his orbit, including AG Barr PRECISELY because Barr told him his stolen elections claims were pure BS. Zero evidence to support the claim. To the level of resigning rather than being part of the false charade and attempt by Trump to steal the election.

TRUMP only picked those who would carry his "stolen election" banner... a combination of the absolute falsity of the claim and after 4 years of him back-stabbing everyone in his orbit, the picken's was slim, as they say.

Trump started with the assumption that the election was stolen and that he should be re-elected/certified as re-elected... then picked his kraken clown lawyers from that starting point to achieve that aim regardless of the facts.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    stolen elections claims were pure BS. Zero evidence to support the claim.
    This is where you jump the shark. The statement “zero evidence” is an absolute that cannot apply in any way. So the same evidence that the SEC and FBI use to begin deeper investigations to ferret out financial fraud is not good enough for elections?

The same guy that created the software the SEC and FBI use to find financial fraud found evidence of fraud in the voting results that, as in the financial cases, warranted a full deep investigation. An investigation that was squelched by the powers, ignored by the courts, and denied by the media.

Interestingly there was an illegal agreement, before the election, (antitrust) between so called competitors on how they would cover the aftermath of the election.

I know you hate Trump but the above is serious violations of the people’s trust…

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Trump started with the assumption that the election was stolen and that he should be re-elected/certified as re-elected... then picked his kraken clown lawyers from that starting point to achieve that aim regardless of the facts.
    You can demean the lawyers who courageously fought for their clients rights all you want. The highly publicized truth is that the prominent legal firms of DC were out on notice by TPTB that they would suffer repercussions if they represented Trump or the people in the election aftermath. This has been proven true by how they have gone after the lawyers that did represent him, ruining most of them.

So make fun of the lawyers that did represent Trump and or the people all you want. I just cannot believe you really support what the powers actually did in this case…

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Trump had been President for 4 years at this point and had appointed or had the power to appoint ALL appointees.
    If suddenly the country elected you President, how are you going to fill 4000 spots? If one was elected they have 1044 workdays, 8352 work hours in this four years, leaving about 2 hours per appointment. That is the entire term.

It has to be delegated out, but for the outsider there is no team in place to handle this for them, like the parties.

This is another way the swamp controls DC.

SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    Upstate SC
    This is where you jump the shark. The statement “zero evidence” is an absolute that cannot apply in any way. So the same evidence that the SEC and FBI use to begin deeper investigations to ferret out financial fraud is not good enough for elections?

The same guy that created the software the SEC and FBI use to find financial fraud found evidence of fraud in the voting results that, as in the financial cases, warranted a full deep investigation. An investigation that was squelched by the powers, ignored by the courts, and denied by the media.
    Appeal to authority... with zero facts.

Interestingly there was an illegal agreement, before the election, (antitrust) between so called competitors on how they would cover the aftermath of the election.

I know you hate Trump but the above is serious violations of the people’s trust…
    We can play this game... again... one state that Trump won that was stolen from him and how? Pick the best one and the best evidence.

We went through this before. I did it myself in Nov/Dec 2020... and was dismayed that not a single claim Trump made on social media made it into a single court filing on his behalf. Trump had lied and sold me out.

We did it again when you, and others, laid out point-by-point where you thought it was stolen... and I debunked each and every one of them. AND, again, not a single claim filed in any of his lawsuits over the election. The only items in his lawsuits were rules in place BEFORE the election... many, not all, were in place in the 2016 election he won.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom