• Status
    Not open for further replies.

SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    Upstate SC
    If suddenly the country elected you President, how are you going to fill 4000 spots? If one was elected they have 1044 workdays, 8352 work hours in this four years, leaving about 2 hours per appointment. That is the entire term.

It has to be delegated out, but for the outsider there is no team in place to handle this for them, like the parties.

This is another way the swamp controls DC.
    I'd go back to what Trump said, and I agreed with both then and now, early on... you don't need that many people to run the government... but he left them in place anyhow.

He could easily have made a video of "You're fired!" and blasted it to 4000 emails. Political appointee portion of the swamp drained in 5 minutes.

SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    Upstate SC
    Yeah, I mostly don't care. Things were better when he was president. Anyone that says otherwise and can say it with a straight face is willfully blind.
    I'd like those who do not want to see Trump as president list just 10 things that will have a negative impact on them (feeling aside) if he becomes president.

Better than Biden is a very low bar... but it is true Trump was much better. My problem with his Presidency is the lack of "permanent" changes... and by permanent I mean written and signed into law rather than EO's that Biden negated 5 minutes after the inauguration.

Permanent accomplishments:
    1. Hundreds of miles of southern border formidable wall built
    2. Embassy moved to Jerusalem
    3. 10-year tax bill
    4. Removed ObamaCare mandate penalty

What am I missing? Remember, he had the House and Senate for 2 years.

How long has it been since anyone here has seriously lobbied for DeSantis? I'm pretty sure most would agree that he **** the bed long ago and have moved on.
    And yet, he gets things done... how many Americans did Trump evacuate from Israel?

As much as you all claim to want results... nah... excuses after excuses on top of excuses for Trump's failures.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Appeal to authority... with zero facts.

We can play this game... again... one state that Trump won that was stolen from him and how? Pick the best one and the best evidence.

We went through this before. I did it myself in Nov/Dec 2020... and was dismayed that not a single claim Trump made on social media made it into a single court filing on his behalf. Trump had lied and sold me out.

We did it again when you, and others, laid out point-by-point where you thought it was stolen... and I debunked each and every one of them. AND, again, not a single claim filed in any of his lawsuits over the election. The only items in his lawsuits were rules in place BEFORE the election... many, not all, were in place in the 2016 election he won.
    I just laid out the data analysis that you cannot seem to grasp. You regurgitating the MSM is not debunking anything.

SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    Upstate SC
    What does this mean? The facts have all been posted here for years, that you choose to ignore them is on you.
    Which state and how... give me. your best, absolutely IRREFUTABLE proof. Still waiting on Trump to release that...

I'll settle for your most compelling argument... the one you state is absolute fact.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Remember, he had the House and Senate for 2 years.
    That you say this is an indication of your refusal to acknowledge what actually happened, like Trump controlled them. Do we not have hearing protection because of Trump? Nope, Paul Ryan and his swamp people, the 40 that resigned rather than be America First. They stopped everything. Where in the constitution can a president do anything by himself?

It is disingenuous to not acknowledge that the party did not support him.

SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    Upstate SC
    I just laid out the data analysis that you cannot seem to grasp. You regurgitating the MSM is not debunking anything.
    Linky... we went through point-by-point what, a year and a half ago? You came up with nothing I didn't look at before.

You do nothing but regurgitate Trump's social media lies... facts, m'am, just the facts.

Trump said IRREFUTABLE PROOF... let me see that!

SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    Upstate SC
    That you say this is an indication of your refusal to acknowledge what actually happened, like Trump controlled them. Do we not have hearing protection because of Trump? Nope, Paul Ryan and his swamp people, the 40 that resigned rather than be America First. They stopped everything. Where in the constitution can a president do anything by himself?

It is disingenuous to not acknowledge that the party did not support him.
    Trump cannot play nice nor build coalitions... I do not recall Trump standing up for the Hearing Protection Act! Where was he on that? Oh, bump-stocks... that's right.

Trump called the HPA flush and raised bump stocks...

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    And yet, he gets things done... how many Americans did Trump evacuate from Israel?

As much as you all claim to want results... nah... excuses after excuses on top of excuses for Trump's failures.
    Woah, slow your roll here. There is no doubting that DeSantis’s campaign **** the bed long ago. That’s what I was talking about and when have you ever seen me try to make excuses for Trump?

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Appeal to authority... with zero facts.
    Idunno about that. It depends what point he’s making. If he’s saying we should just trust what this guy is saying because he’s an expert, yeah. But if he’s just saying, this guy says he used the same process to find statistical evidence of voter fraud that that’s used to find other fraud, and presented his findings in a falsifiable way, then that is logically sound. The truth of the claim would follow the findings, if the methods used are transferable.

But even then it's only an indicator, and not actual proof of fraud. Also, Maybe "zero facts" is a bit hyperbolic.

We can play this game... again... one state that Trump won that was stolen from him and how? Pick the best one and the best evidence.

We went through this before. I did it myself in Nov/Dec 2020... and was dismayed that not a single claim Trump made on social media made it into a single court filing on his behalf. Trump had lied and sold me out.

We did it again when you, and others, laid out point-by-point where you thought it was stolen... and I debunked each and every one of them. AND, again, not a single claim filed in any of his lawsuits over the election. The only items in his lawsuits were rules in place BEFORE the election... many, not all, were in place in the 2016 election he won.
    I think stolen is a very high bar. I can go along with "rigged". A good example of rigging would be in AZ where polling places in GOP favored districts had their machines altered to print in a way that the readers couldn't tabulate the votes. That much was proven in court. They couldn't prove intent, which is why Lake lost the court case, but c'mon. That **** was rigged.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Better than Biden is a very low bar... but it is true Trump was much better. My problem with his Presidency is the lack of "permanent" changes... and by permanent I mean written and signed into law rather than EO's that Biden negated 5 minutes after the inauguration.

Permanent accomplishments:
    1. Hundreds of miles of southern border formidable wall built
    2. Embassy moved to Jerusalem
    3. 10-year tax bill
    4. Removed ObamaCare mandate penalty

What am I missing? Remember, he had the House and Senate for 2 years.
    That's fair. I'd much rather have a President that can actually accomplish things that can't get undone the first day the opposition is in office. But, I'm not sure such a president exists. DeSantis may indeed be the closest to that but that's not even close to being a fact at this point.

If it's still a race in May and DeSantis is still around, I'll vote for him in the primary. But honestly, I don't see how it would come to that. Something drastic would have to happen in the mean time.

DeSantis is probably one of the most accomplished administrators I've seen running for POTUS in a long time. The skills from governor to POTUS are generally transferable, so I have no problem with him being untested on the national stage as far as administrative ability to get political goals accomplished.

The doubt is about his ability to win a national election. He's boring AF to listen to, and he's got no story behind him like Trump does. I have almost zero confidence DeSantis could defeat Trump in the primaries, which also translates to doubt that he could beat Biden in the general election.

If reality then confirms the circumstances now, Trump will be the nominee, and the vote for me won't necessarily be for permanent changes. It will be simply be for not-ClownWorld™.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I didn't say better than Biden.
    My question was totally different.
    Even so, "better than Biden" is a viable option if there's no better option. I think Trump, for all his faults, is way better than Biden. Anything that distances the nation from ClownWorld™, is way better than Biden.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    Even so, "better than Biden" is a viable option if there's no better option. I think Trump, for all his faults, is way better than Biden. Anything that distances the nation from ClownWorld™, is way better than Biden.
    He is my question.

I'd like those who do not want to see Trump as president list just 10 things that will have a negative impact on them (feeling aside) if he becomes president.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    When did I say all the successes were dumb luck?

Maybe if some here wouldn't try to color over the mistakes he made, others wouldn't point them out so much.
    You have it backwards, if some here wouldn't relentlessly rehash the supposed mistakes Trump made, maybe we wouldn't feel so compelled to defend Trump and ruffle your feathers thereby

'Trump did some good things BUT ...' is ideologically akin to 'Hamas did some bad things BUT ...'

Both formulations are designed solely to get some grudging admission of an unpleasant truth out of the way so the attacks the speaker/writer REALLY wants to showcase can claim a thin veneer of both-sidesism

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom