Not open for further replies.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I think that something is missing in this discussion. Can we get Megyn Kelly on the ticket? I mean, she's way hotter than Tulsi.

Yeah. A lot of that is probably plastic. It's hard for a woman in her 50's to look like that without some cosmetic surgeries. But, yeah, she's hotter than Tulsi. And she seems to have shed her chamber-o-commerce sort of conservatism. Maybe it's because she knows where the money is since she's gone independent. She's no Tim Pool, but she still knows that looks alone won't pay the bills. Too old, even with plastic, to be successful as a Thot.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Can you define what a “pansy nose holder” is?
    A "pansy nose holder" is a person who thinks that none of the candidates are ideal, but is willing to overlook the faults of the least worst candidate because of a belief that the consequences of allowing the worst candidate to win are dire. The "pansy" part comes from people who think everyone has to think like them or they're the enemy. So it's really just "nose-holders".

So, who ya gonna vote for?
    Trump. While holding my nose. We cannot have another term of Biden. Or any Democrat in the White house. But I won't hold my nose for a chamber-o-commerce neocon, because it'll have the same effect as voting for a Democrat. It's just a slower death.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Or. He doesn't get the credit he deserves because different people have different ideas about what is worthy of credit. Does he deserve credit for saving 100 million lives. **** no. And if it were anyone that no one idolizes then everyone could figure that out. But because some people can't figure out what would be obvious to them when it's not their idol, they just go along with it and make up excuses for why he actually deserves the credit, and attacks the people who don't have that blindness.

And as for panzy ass nose holders. Why do you think they owe him anything? Why do you think it's up to you to decide who someone should support? People should support WHO THE **** THEY WANT TO SUPPORT. You only get to bitch about it.

The reason some hold their noses is because there are many many issues and each person prioritizes those issues. And if Trump is weak on some issues, like abortion, then those who prioritize abortion would have to hold their noses to vote for him, or if it's as important an issue as it is to people like oze and GFGT, then they won't even do that. And you'll just have to sit there and take it, because you don't get to tell them what is most important to them.

Instead, perhaps you could reason instead of attack. What's at stake? How does the likely outcome impact the issues that cause them to reject Trump if they vote for someone who isn't competitive? Calling people panzy because they don't just fall down and worship Trump to your satisfaction certainly won't change their minds. It's not "panzy" that makes them reject your god.
    When it all goes down, and it will, I willing not be blaming the left for winning I will know exactly who defeated the best chance conservatives have had in decades to reverse the direction of this country…

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Can we get a decent ****ing candidate? Every ****ing time I have to settle and it is really getting old.

It's an inevitability. If the candidate you think is most ideal can't win the nomination of one of the two main parties, then you will have to choose between two less than ideal candidates. It's just a fact of a two party system. There are many pigeon holes into which candidates can fit, but only two of them can hold candidates that can win.

So if a candidate you feel good about doesn't get into one of those two pigeon holes, then you have to hold your nose for the one who comes least furthest away from your ideal. Unfortunate, but true about our system.

Last edited:

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    When it all goes down, and it will, I willing not be blaming the left for winning I will know exactly who defeated the best chance conservatives have had in decades to reverse the direction of this country…
    Then convince them through reason. Contempt won't help you. Reason may not either. People are free to have their own priorities. They don't have to have yours. I've known GFGT long enough on INGO and have met him IRL. I do not doubt his convictions about abortion, and though I agree with him in principle, I don't have the same priority. I have no reason to doubt oze on it either.

I can hold my nose and vote for Trump. But having the conviction to have to hold my nose to do it does not make me a panzy for doing it. Sometimes going against principle upholds the principle better than holding steadfast to it. In other words, pragmatism often serves principles better than holding strictly to the principle.

I've said many times I vote for outcomes, not for people. Pulling the Trump lever will uphold pro-life principles better than pulling the libertarian lever, where at most that candidate will get 5% of the vote. A vote for Trump is practical vote against a Democrat who will gladly, eagerly, do more harm to pro-life principles than Trump will.

You're not gonna win without the nose holders. Stop attacking them and make the case why they should hold their noses.

Last edited:

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    “Start”

Let me guess- only the rinos favor an abortion ban and the real conservatives are open to abortion? Chamber of Commerce fellas are too leftist.
    The argument about Trump on guns is only that he's not as strong on the 2A as so many Trumpers want to believe. But, in terms of comparing to someone like Biden, or really any Democrat, it's not comparable. Least evil means what it means.

I've been told on INGO in past elections that least evil guarantees that you'll get evil. The rebuttal to that is, but we live in the real world, not the ideal one. You're gonna get evil no matter who you vote for. So it's better to choose between the evils who can actually win, and voting against the most evil. I'm not voting FOR Trump. I'm under no delusion that he's any kind of savior. But it's a better outcome than any Democrat who is likely to be president.

Last edited:

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Few thoughts.

Trump has done more to curb abortion by appointing those that overturned Roe.

Trump is suddenly s going to reverse course on abortion now?

Abortion issue likely cost republicans the red wave in 2022 that many expected.

Trump often says what his adversaries want to hear,

He has a record, what is it? That should be what this is judged by, not BS.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Q: How many dead babies is a re-election worth?

A: As many as it takes to make “both sides” happy.

Okay. I get that. But realistically, how many dead babies under a Trump administration vs a Biden administration? If either way you get dead babies, is there a least evil choice? One party is weak on dead babies. One party loves dead babies. They're not shy about saying that. If voting for a third party helps the loves-dead-babies party win, was your principles best served?

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Few thoughts.

Trump has done more to curb abortion by appointing those that overturned Roe.
    True.
    Trump is suddenly s going to reverse course on abortion now?
    I think what it would mean is that Trump would not pursue banning abortion at a federal level. For those who want a total ban everywhere, overturning RvW was just a first step. Trump would likely not take the next steps, which I think is the right policy. RvW was a law passed by judges. It was never legitimate. And I think that it's a states rights issue. Feds should stay out of it. But that's my opinion.

Abortion issue likely cost republicans the red wave in 2022 that many expected.
    True.

Trump often says what his adversaries want to hear,
    I think the normal term for that is "pandering". Which is horrible when an opponent of Trump does it. But is 3D genius level chess when Trump does it.

He has a record, what is it? That should be what this is judged by, not BS.
    It's fair to judge whether his words comes from his heart or are just for the purpose of pandering. Everyone gets to make that judgement for themselves. But his record once written identifies which. For example, on guns, he's often pandering given his record. He gave the ATF the precedent to redefine words.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Okay. I get that. But realistically, how many dead babies under a Trump administration vs a Biden administration? If either way you get dead babies, is there a least evil choice? One party is weak on dead babies. One party loves dead babies. They're not shy about saying that. If voting for a third party helps the loves-dead-babies party win, was your principles best served?
    Trump doesn’t care about dead babies. He said he’d support justices to get rid of dead babies so “conservatives” would vote for him in 2016. He thinks if he comes from the left on dead babies now, just a little bit, he believes there is a bunch of just-a-few-dead-babies-are-ok voters out there that will vote for him now…and give him a pass on Roe. I don’t think there are many, if any of those kinds of voters out there. We’ll see if the Trump idolaters will be enough to secure his nomination. We’ll see how many “pro-lifers” that are currently supporting Trump will realize, if given the chance, Trump will likely do to abortion that he did for 2A—capitulate and compromise.

Reactions: oze

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Trump doesn’t care about dead babies. He said he’d support justices to get rid of dead babies so “conservatives” would vote for him in 2016. He thinks if he comes from the left on dead babies now, just a little bit, he believes there is a bunch of just-a-few-dead-babies-are-ok voters out there that will vote for him now…and give him a pass on Roe. I don’t think there are many, if any of those kinds of voters out there. We’ll see if the Trump idolaters will be enough to secure his nomination. We’ll see how many “pro-lifers” that are currently supporting Trump will realize, if given the chance, Trump will likely do to abortion that he did for 2A—capitulate and compromise.
    But even with where Trump's heart actually is, we got a better outcome on both. Like I said, what it means is likely Trump won't pursue a federal ban. Personally I think federalism is the right policy. There are only certain circumstances in which murder is a federal crime, for example. Crossing state lines; murdering a federal officer or agent, elected or appointed official; occurring on federal property are some of those circumstances. Other than that, murder is left to the states to deal with. Abortion belongs as a state issue as well.

I think Trump would not pursue making abortion illegal nationwide. On the other side, if a bill were passed by a democratic congress essentially encoding RvW as a law, however, would Trump sign it? Maybe. How likely is it under Trump than under any Democrat? It's unknown who Trump would pander to. It's absolutely certain that every loves-killing-babies Democrat would unquestionably sign that bill.

We have the same questions about guns with Trump. Would he sign an AWB if congress passed one? I honestly don't know. Trumpers are absolutely sure he would not betray them. I think his loyalty to them is only to the extent that their loyalty serves him. As a POTUS who is not eligible to be re-elected after a 2nd term, when he no longer needs their loyalty, maybe he will betray them or maybe not. At least it's an unknown. Any Democrat would eagerly sign an AWB.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    A self-described Never Trumper who once argued that Donald Trump should be kept off the ballot for the 2024 presidential election because of the insurrection clause of Section 3 of the Fourteenth Amendment has now changed his mind and has concluded that due to a technicality the amendment doesn't apply to Trump because as POTUS he is not technically an "officer of the United States." but rather one who appoints/commissions officers.

Last edited:

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Okay, I'm just gonna abbreviate loves-killing-babies as LKB. And pretty much every Democrat running for office is a LKB democrat. And a few Republicans are LKB as well.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    A 5 week ban is terrible but a 15 week ban makes everyone happy, according to Trump. He does not care about abortion. He does not care about federalism. He cares about getting his old job back. Apparently, he thinks he can “split the baby” and make enough people like him to get his old job back.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    But even with where Trump's heart actually is, we got a better outcome on both. Like I said, what it means is likely Trump won't pursue a federal ban. Personally I think federalism is the right policy. There are only certain circumstances in which murder is a federal crime, for example. Crossing state lines; murdering a federal officer or agent, elected or appointed official; occurring on federal property are some of those circumstances. Other than that, murder is left to the states to deal with. Abortion belongs as a state issue as well.
    Where would they try to find the authority, the Commerce Clause?

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    A self-described Never Trumper who once argued that Donald Trump should be kept off the ballot for the 2024 presidential election because of the insurrection clause of Section 3 of the Fourteenth Amendment has now changed his mind and has concluded that due to a technicality the amendment doesn't apply to Trump because he is not technically an "officer of the United States."

I mean. I don't get why Trump should be considered loathsome. I think Trump is a grifter as most politicians are. He is not uniquely loathsome. If we're gonna loath grifter politicians we should loath all of them. Maybe some a little more than others, but still at least a little. It's truly TDS to say Trump is uniquely loathsome when there are so many more politicians that deserve our loathing. Biden chief among them.

Side Note: I don't give a **** what you say, Trump IS a politician at this point. You could get away with claiming he wasn't when he first threw his hat into the ring in 2016. I think even that is arguable. But he is objectively, absolutely, everything a politician is today.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Where would they try to find the authority, the Commerce Clause?
    Get an activist majority 6-3 Catholic SCOTUS to go along with it. Wouldn't be the first time an activist court went along with an unconstitutional law. The commerce clause is the activist Republican's equal protection clause.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom