Not open for further replies.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I’d like to be one of those none-of-the-above voters on principle. But then there’s a practical reality that tends to make principle like that very expensive. Because of our first past the post system, one of exactly two parties will win.

I’m pulling the Trump lever in the general election (seems obvious at this point that he will be the nominee baring extraordinary circumstances), but not in support of Trump per se. I’m voting for not-communist. So pragmatism can sometimes tip the balance over principles. And on balance Trump’s policies were good. Some really good. Some not so good.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    I’d like to be one of those none-of-the-above voters on principle. But then there’s a practical reality that tends to make principle like that very expensive. Because of our first past the post system, one of exactly two parties will win.

I’m pulling the Trump lever in the general election (seems obvious at this point that he will be the nominee baring extraordinary circumstances), but not in support of Trump per se. I’m voting for not-communist. So pragmatism can sometimes tip the balance over principles. And on balance Trump’s policies were good. Some really good. Some not so good.
    What I've always thought when hearing about that scenario - what do you do if 'none of the above' gets the most votes

Ziggidy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 7, 2018
    Hendricks County
    I've never voted for a pro-abortion candidate from any party, and I'm not about to start now. You can cross me off of the list of "pansy nose holders" for the general election. **** Trump..
    Can you define what a “pansy nose holder” is?

So, who ya gonna vote for?

Last edited:

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Can you define what a “pansy nose holders’ is? So, who ya gonna vote for? https://www.indianagunowners.com/threads/trump-2024.512347/post-9675626

In the General? Not sure. Someone better than RINO Trump. None of the Above? Libertarian? Todd Young?
    Hey, don't you know that you are supposed to support who someone else tells you to with more enthusiasm even though you are not feeling very enthusiastic about the choice. Stop being a "pansy nose holder" and get with the program.

oze

Mow Ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 26, 2018
    Fort Wayne
    Hey, don't you know that you are supposed to support who someone else tells you to with more enthusiasm even though you are not feeling very enthusiastic about the choice. Stop being a "pansy nose holder" and get with the program.
    Not a pansy nose holder anymore. For me, Trump is no longer a choice. Not even a ****** one.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Not a pansy nose holder anymore. For me, Trump is no longer a choice. Not even a ****** one.
    You made the choice to break away from voting that way. A number of people are fed up and tired of feeling nauseous from having to do so.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    What I've always thought when hearing about that scenario - what do you do if 'none of the above' gets the most votes
    That’s happened quite a bit, where votes cast have been below voters elegible to register and vote. It happens a lot in primaries. Low voter turnout enables more motivated voters to nominate more radical candidates. It’s how AOC got elected. I’m puzzled by the purple though. It’s a legitimate question and concern. I wouldn’t needed to have interpreted it as sarcasm.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    He doesn’t get the credit he deserves because the left hates him and his side has a bunch of pansy nose holders that do not support him like they should.

He did as much as a President can clearing the runway for the medical/science (folks he could not hire or fire) people to take off and save the world.

Or. He doesn't get the credit he deserves because different people have different ideas about what is worthy of credit. Does he deserve credit for saving 100 million lives. **** no. And if it were anyone that no one idolizes then everyone could figure that out. But because some people can't figure out what would be obvious to them when it's not their idol, they just go along with it and make up excuses for why he actually deserves the credit, and attacks the people who don't have that blindness.

And as for panzy ass nose holders. Why do you think they owe him anything? Why do you think it's up to you to decide who someone should support? People should support WHO THE **** THEY WANT TO SUPPORT. You only get to bitch about it.

The reason some hold their noses is because there are many many issues and each person prioritizes those issues. And if Trump is weak on some issues, like abortion, then those who prioritize abortion would have to hold their noses to vote for him, or if it's as important an issue as it is to people like oze and GFGT, then they won't even do that. And you'll just have to sit there and take it, because you don't get to tell them what is most important to them.

Instead, perhaps you could reason instead of attack. What's at stake? How does the likely outcome impact the issues that cause them to reject Trump if they vote for someone who isn't competitive? Calling people panzy because they don't just fall down and worship Trump to your satisfaction certainly won't change their minds. It's not "panzy" that makes them reject your god.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jojo99
    Top Bottom